Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Property Ladder now C4

Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2005, 08:03 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Property Ladder now C4

Shes been with him 3months!!!!hes a painter and decorator... is she with him just to do the house up!!!???
Old 15 November 2005, 09:17 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its in our local town...going to have a butcher's later this week. Its a gawd awful car park to maneouver around, no wonder they haven't had any takers.
Yve
Old 15 November 2005, 09:33 PM
Callyt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by salsa-king
Shes been with him 3months!!!!hes a painter and decorator... is she with him just to do the house up!!!???
yeah Girl Power!!!
Old 15 November 2005, 09:39 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

she looked years older than him too LOL
Old 16 November 2005, 08:19 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

A Painter and decorator that doesn't realise that neutral colours are the way to go on a development. "This room's a bit dark so lets paint it a dark colour and make it seem cozy" WTF?
Old 16 November 2005, 08:23 AM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

They got a bit lucky with all their OTT furnishings me thinks, although as SB rightly pointed out - it starts when you buy and does not end until you sell. Worth bugger all except a lot of cost if you don't sell.

Is there anyone on here who would consider buying a house that you had to get through that car park to get into it? I certainly wouldn't - regardless of the quality of the house, there's enough houses out there in far more preferable locations to have to stick to that one....
Old 16 November 2005, 08:48 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mightyyid
Is there anyone on here who would consider buying a house that you had to get through that car park to get into it?
Absolutely I'd buy it, and I'd be offering them a suitable low offer as a result.

Trending Topics

Old 16 November 2005, 08:49 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

They were nutters those two - fair enough she only paid £100K for the house, which if she had done up on the cheap and sold for £200K or so wouldnt have been so bad and they would have shifted it quickly.

What I dont get with this programme is this - titty went and showed them other normal 3 bed semis in the same area for less than they were asking, and they still thought theirs would sell for more ??? WTF ??? who wants to live tucked behind some offices and a car park ?

She was right that flats would have been a better idea, as flats above shops etc... are quite normal - but to try and make a family house in that location was just mad.

I think the estate agents that valued it were being pretty optimistic as well saying it was worth £275K - maybe in another location, but I wouldnt even bother viewing a house somewhere like that.

'Yes, your house is worth £300K - all you need to do now is find a rich mentally incompetent person who has a car park fetish and your away'

Beanie also mentioned that half the profit was just due to the market rising over the two years the women had done nothing with it - which means she could have sold it to another muppet developer and made £50K profit for doing absolutely nothing.

Does make you wonder how many of these 'developers' are struggling now or have gone back to their day jobs now they cant make a profit just from the house going up a stupid amount in 6 months anymore.
Old 16 November 2005, 09:29 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Talking

Sounds perverse but I can't wait to see the programmes that cover a period of the market at it's highest and a good dip in prices. These muppets who are totally clueless ( 3 grand for a kitchen worktop for a quick turnaround development? WTF ) will literally break down in suicidal failure, should make good TV.

And Beanie baby next to the alleged "fitness" instructor, I'd know who I'd want to make the best out of my development
Old 16 November 2005, 11:24 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

I also think that the fitness instructor used to be a man - fake **** and very badly plucked eyebrows are always a giveaway. And the 'painter and decorator' boyfriend obviously doesnt own a business, more likley just a labourer for someone else who gets told 'paint that bit white'/

Does make you wonder how many other people they filmed who didnt make it to the final shows who did lose a packet though doesnt it ?

They've had a few on who have made less than £10K profit for 6 months work, which is pretty pathetic unless you have loads of developments on the go at once.

Did think that old mill would have made a nice house though if only it hadnt had that road around two sides of it - could've done something really good with that with a bit of imagination.
Old 16 November 2005, 11:48 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

What gets me is that on nearly every programme the developer wants to spend a large chunk of money to produce a quality product more often than not redesigning the inside of the house rather than fixing/decorating - Aiming to sell to people such as themselves........and one cannot tell which is the best solution - at he end of the day its all just 'entertainment' because 9/10 sales are merely driven by market forces
Old 16 November 2005, 11:50 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phil,

Did you do anything else other than watch Telly last night?
Old 16 November 2005, 12:05 PM
Robbie T
Scooby Regular

Haven't seen any of this lot, all i really want to know is is 'flick my' beanie still making full use of her massive lungs?

God they were big
Old 16 November 2005, 12:38 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

They've shrunk a bit again now - I think they reached the full massive proportions just after she gave birth and are settling down to a more normal ( but still pretty big ) size again now.

There you are, save you watching it now.
Old 16 November 2005, 12:40 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Another thing I noticed in the last couple of progs - whenever Beanie talks about the profit now, she makes a point of saying 'gross profit' whereas before she just used to say 'they made £100K profit' - do you think there were people out there who thought the profit was tax free because it was on a house ;o) ???
Old 16 November 2005, 01:08 PM
Robbie T
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
They've shrunk a bit again now - I think they reached the full massive proportions just after she gave birth and are settling down to a more normal ( but still pretty big ) size again now.

There you are, save you watching it now.
Has she got her tiny little **** back as well that she had before she got up the duff, if so i might have to start watching again
Old 16 November 2005, 01:43 PM
mmmiddy
Scooby Regular

Did you notice the White Classic drive past the mill project?

Gold Alloys, STi spoiler, it was about 20 mins into the programme.
Old 16 November 2005, 02:54 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Yer, i noticed the white classic too

What I didn't like about that mill thing was the traffic screeching past, they wanted to turn the front into a proper garden. Beanie dragged a patio chair out and sat down just as that massive lorry thundered past, point made I'd expect.

Why don't these *property developers* ever listen to the advice given by Beanie? As far as I've seen she's never given any duff advice, but some of her quite obvious and needed advice falls on deaf ears most of the time.

What was that fitness instructor (ho ho) doing with having a rundown ****ehole like that for 2 years and not doing anything with it?

I do also laugh, like a previous poster, about unneeded redevelopment and unnecessary expense showered on some of these developments. I thought the idea of property redevelopment was to have a fast a turnaround time as possible whilst maximising any profit. At least that's what I did when I was in the game long before these morons thought about doing it. Im still trying to get over 3.5k for a kitchen worktop in a house like that.
Old 16 November 2005, 03:27 PM
MartinM
Scooby Regular

With some paraphrasing....

What the Fitness Instructor said after Sarah had advised her what (not) to do:
"There was nothing she said that other people haven't said before so the whole discussion was a non-event"

What Fitness Instructor really meant:
"Sarah and everyone else has told us what (not) to do...and we're ignoring them all"

Crazy mare....
Old 16 November 2005, 05:57 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
Phil,

Did you do anything else other than watch Telly last night?
i went to the gym early... then picked a kebab up and home for 8pm to watch TV.

I did go on the Live on line chat with sarah 'big ****' beeny... but she never messaged me!

Phil
Old 16 November 2005, 06:00 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by OllyK
A Painter and decorator that doesn't realise that neutral colours are the way to go on a development. "This room's a bit dark so lets paint it a dark colour and make it seem cozy" WTF?
and when Beeny asked him what colour do they paint NewBuilds.. he said Magnolia... beeny said well whay do you think that is?... he said cus builders can't be doing with picking colours and it cheap contact paint colour!
beeny then said..(like and professional decorator should know--- like moi!!) its cus it give a neautral blank canvas for anyone moving in, mag might be boring but its not horrible and it goes with anything!!!
Old 16 November 2005, 06:16 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

this guy was last weeks show nutta!!

i'm in luv

shes great

Last edited by salsa-king; 16 November 2005 at 06:30 PM.
Old 16 November 2005, 07:12 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

You'd think with all her money though she could afford to go to a decent hairdresser - has had some shocking barnets !
Old 16 November 2005, 09:30 PM
mmmiddy
Scooby Regular

Can't say I've noticed!

(.)(.)
Old 16 November 2005, 09:34 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Blummin 'eck id have to say if it was VHB i would pay attention... ....
Ive had to make do with the programme content....
Old 17 November 2005, 07:04 AM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

but VHB isn't so 'well built' as Beeny
(.)(.) or (. )( .)