Fundraising / Countryside management

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2005, 11:12 AM
Big a1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Fundraising / Countryside management

Hi

I am looking at moving into a fundraising capacity, with previously no experience in this field.

The project is based around the conservation of the countryside in one of our national parks. Can anybody suggest what sources could be targeted for funding, at present the main source of funding comes from the Heritage Lottery Fund but what about EU funding (or is this only applicable to a certain type of project) etc? The project is geared towards conserving the countryside whilst still improving access for visitors i.e. walkers, mtb’ers and climbers so it is most definitely a worthwhile initiative.

Secondly does anyone work in a fundraising capacity any can offer any advice on working in this environment.

Thanks folks
Old 14 November 2005, 03:33 PM
Big a1
Scooby Regular

Maybe I should have put a more exciting thread title to lure people into clicking on it

Anyone??
Old 14 November 2005, 03:39 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Big a1
I am looking at moving into a fundraising capacity, with..

Old 14 November 2005, 04:08 PM
Big a1
Scooby Regular

lol
Old 14 November 2005, 04:16 PM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Big a1
Hi

I am looking at moving into a fundraising capacity, with previously no experience in this field.

The project is based around the conservation of the countryside in one of our national parks. Can anybody suggest what sources could be targeted for funding, at present the main source of funding comes from the Heritage Lottery Fund but what about EU funding (or is this only applicable to a certain type of project) etc? The project is geared towards conserving the countryside whilst still improving access for visitors i.e. walkers, mtb’ers and climbers so it is most definitely a worthwhile initiative.

Secondly does anyone work in a fundraising capacity any can offer any advice on working in this environment.

Thanks folks

you could get some advice from the forestry commission and/or the country, land & business association (CLA). if anyone can help, the CLA can.

DEFRA possibly - but i'm not sure what the department for the extinction of favourite rural areas could do except let you tarmac it all ...
Old 14 November 2005, 04:51 PM
Big a1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Holy Ghost

you could get some advice from the forestry commission and/or the country, land & business association (CLA). if anyone can help, the CLA can.

DEFRA possibly - but i'm not sure what the department for the extinction of favourite rural areas could do except let you tarmac it all ...
CLA noted, thanks mate.