Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Lest we forget!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2005, 10:51 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Lest we forget!!!!!!!!!!!

As the 11th hour is approching, Lets not forget the people who gave us what we have today, God bless them all.
Cheers
Colin
Old 13 November 2005, 10:53 AM
pauly
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoob99
As the 11th hour is approching, Lets not forget the people who gave us what we have today, God bless them all.
Cheers
Colin
silence shall be observed in the pauly household
Old 13 November 2005, 10:54 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Hear Hear!
Old 13 November 2005, 11:13 AM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

Done in the Huxley house as well "apart from the cats trying to kill each other "

"let us not forget They died for us so we could have what we have now"

I just wish some of the younger people of the world would remember that!!!

My old pops fought with Monty in the Rats against Rommel
Old 13 November 2005, 11:13 AM
jowl
Scooby Regular

Think we had 4 minutes here!
Old 13 November 2005, 11:15 AM
Jaydee5
Scooby Regular

Definitely had a two minutes here
Old 13 November 2005, 01:34 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I had to pull over and have a couple of minutes.

Trending Topics

Old 13 November 2005, 07:21 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Too late...........we've forgotten

Millions of ex-servicemen and women living on less than £5000 pa. Today's papers.

We did well by them , eh?

Alcazar
Old 13 November 2005, 07:34 PM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

Are you going to try and turn this into another contentious subject alcazar?
Let it go....

Let's have a modicum of respect, uh?.........
Old 13 November 2005, 07:43 PM
Trumptton
Scooby Regular

I would rather be German than listen to all this ****e every year, it gets really boring
Old 13 November 2005, 07:54 PM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

I tell you what Trumpton (or whatever your ****ing name is) if you have ever done anything such as serve your country / fought in any war, instead of doing your 9-5 / clerical / school / dole, then I'll listen to you.

"Rather be German......" You probably haven't even been there.....have you
Old 13 November 2005, 08:03 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Trumptton
I would rather be German than listen to all this ****e every year, it gets really boring
wtf you ignorant ****e you wouldnt even be here if it wasnt for their sacrafice
Old 13 November 2005, 08:59 PM
Trumptton
Scooby Regular

Sacrifice my ****, all war is wrong and to stand there and listen to two minutes silence is pointless, I respect the people that died but what has it acheived?? nothing!! apart from pointless loss of life, just because we won the 1st and second world wars doesnt make it right, do you thing Iraq is right and also vietnam?? wake up and smell the coffee
Old 13 November 2005, 09:07 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Sacrifice my ****, all war is wrong and to stand there and listen to two minutes silence is pointless, I respect the people that died but what has it acheived?? nothing!! apart from pointless loss of life, just because we won the 1st and second world wars doesnt make it right, do you thing Iraq is right and also vietnam?? wake up and smell the coffee
All those wars were right (apart from Iraq) when considered in their historical context.

So you you would prefer that the next time a country invades or attacks England we just sit back and let them?

What a dumb, disrespectful **** you are. You should have been flushed down the toilet at birth.
Old 13 November 2005, 09:09 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

out come the "war is always wrong" brigade . What would you suggest we did 50 years ago? just sit back and let hitler invade the whole of europe and exterminate every jew in the process. if you dont agree with it i would just keep quiet and not insult the people who gave their lives so you could sit here today and insult them
Old 13 November 2005, 09:09 PM
Trumptton
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
All those wars were right (apart from Iraq) when considered in their historical context.

So you you would prefer that the next time a country invades or attacks England we just sit back and let them?

What a dumb, disrespectful **** you are. You should have been flushed down the toilet at birth.
yeah right, and I bet you think tony blair is a prime minister too
Old 13 November 2005, 09:13 PM
Trumptton
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
out come the "war is always wrong" brigade . What would you suggest we did 50 years ago? just sit back and let hitler invade the whole of europe and exterminate every jew in the process. if you dont agree with it i would just keep quiet and not insult the people who gave their lives so you could sit here today and insult them
And where is the country now?? we hand out 35k a year to scrounging chavs who claim "its their right" to have 8 kids and the old people who served for us are just cast aside and not even given a decent pension, this country is going down the ****ter. If you think I am being disrespectful then I apologise but I am just very angry that these guys died in vein

Last edited by Trumptton; 13 November 2005 at 09:16 PM.
Old 13 November 2005, 09:24 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

yeah right, and I bet you think tony blair is a prime minister too
He is, but not a good one.

If you are so pissed off with the way the country has gone why slag off a tradition that is still kept. The problems in this country are largely down to traditions being forgotten (family values etc)
Old 13 November 2005, 09:27 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

And where is the country now?? we hand out 35k a year to scrounging chavs who claim "its their right" to have 8 kids and the old people who served for us are just cast aside and not even given a decent pension, this country is going down the ****ter. If you think I am being disrespectful then I apologise but I am just very angry that these guys died in vein
I agree with you on the fact that the iraq war was wrong,and that the vetrans of these conflicts have been treated totally dismally by the goverment, but that does not change the fact that these people sacraficed so much for us. Its the incompetnt ***** in power that has dragged this country to where it is now.
Old 13 November 2005, 09:42 PM
Trumptton
Scooby Regular

Maybe I came over wrong in my earlier posts, I do not disrespect these guys in any way and yes I do support them fully but as I have already stated this place was worth fighting for up to 20 years ago when it all went wrong, it just annoys me that the efforts made back then have just been cast aside by uncaring goverments and the poor buggers that fought for us get a measly 200 quid a year heating allowance when floods of imigrants and chavs get what they like

My apologies if I upset anyone but I am the man on the street.
Old 13 November 2005, 09:51 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

Good of you to apologise, but I think the wording of your 1st post was harsh and not thought through properly.

I agree this country is poor these days, but it would be an awful lot worse if Hitler had got his own way.

The way old servicemen are treated today is a national disgrace, especially when you see the royals wandering round with rows of medals on their chests when most of them have never been near a battlefield (bar for "morale" purposes)

Andy.
Old 13 November 2005, 09:59 PM
Trumptton
Scooby Regular

Agreed, my original post was very harsh, just very upset that this country was worth fighting for and all the remberance sundays in the world wont make a difference unless we can change the way its heading, but I doubt it
Old 13 November 2005, 10:16 PM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Perhaps you should show a bit of british backbone and try and do something about the immigrants and chavs,anything is better than bein sat in front of a PC complaining..
Old 14 November 2005, 01:28 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Old 14 November 2005, 06:31 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Sacrifice my ****, all war is wrong and to stand there and listen to two minutes silence is pointless
I know you have backed down a little, but it's almost as if you thought the soldiers themselves choose to go to war! They are just doing a job, and being told to what to do.
Old 14 November 2005, 08:28 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

I did this post out of respect for the people that died during the two world wars fighting for this country, Not for some prat to come on here and wish he was German, Hang your head in shame Trumppton, and show some respect
Cheers
Colin
Old 14 November 2005, 08:47 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

The 2 mins silence includes service men who died in other wars too.
Old 14 November 2005, 09:37 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Davyboy,
Not for one second did I leave those out!!!!!! I lost an old school friend in the Falklands and he will always be remembered, also the guys that have been lost in Iraq too.
Cheers
Colin
Old 14 November 2005, 09:39 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

War is obscene at any time of course, especially when you look at the destruction and the loss of life that goes with it.

That does not mean that we should shrink from it if we are attacked by another country, it is perfectly valid to fight in your own defence. I do not believe that we had a right to attack Iraq however and regret the destruction of that country's infrastructure and of course the terrible loss of life involved.

Trumtton,

Would you like to be living under the control of the **** Party or the USSR now? Does the idea of repressive government attract you?

Those brave people who sacrificed their lives for our freedom in the Great War and WW2 as well as other wars which have occurred deserve the utmost respect from us. The two minutes silence as well as the ceremonies such as the Festival of Remembrance and at the Cenotaph yesterday which are so well done in this country are all part of it. I believe it is vital that these ceremonies and the sale of poppies continue since we owe so much to them for fighting for our present freedom and it should be kept in our minds if only to remind us of the futility of getting into that position ever again. The 8,500 or so who marched past the Cenotaph yesterday and the attendance by the Queen and her family as well as all the Government ministers and the Commonwealth Commissioners and the military are as good an indication as any of the importance of all that.

Your idea of it all being a waste of time is a "cop out" and is intolerable as far as I am concerned.

Les

Quick Reply: Lest we forget!!!!!!!!!!!