Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

allen heath or pioneer? opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2005, 06:24 PM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default allen heath or pioneer? opinions...

right looking to upgrade from soundcraft d-mix300 as the faders are on their way out and want something else to playwith.

looking at either pioneer djm500 or allen heath xone62. edging for pioneer as simple, good sound and looks good but people say that most of the effects are un usable. xone 62 i love the idea of the filters but its hugh and more expensive.

anyone used them?
Old 07 November 2005, 06:57 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Allen & Heath are good (I've used their Pro-consoles rather than the DJ mixers)......

Have you tried them both? Believe it or not, it's not down to the functions, but how it SOUNDS!!! Wierd concept, I know, what with it being audio kit

I know that the Pioneer gets good ratings, but it's down to your personal preference

Dan

edited to add, BTW, you can buy all sorts of filter boxes (Alesis' AirFX is good)
Old 07 November 2005, 07:29 PM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

yea i know. i just want a simple setup. 2 1210's and mixer. maybe cdj lata. the sound qulity of both is 1st class according to many reviews. think it will be the djm as 450 sound a baragin
Old 07 November 2005, 07:35 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

Have used both in clubs.

Pioneer is a bit dated- still competent tho.The effects are the best part- the rest is just a gets-the-job-done-but-nothing-too-amazing mixer really.

xone 62 has filters built in - pretty good ones too! It also sounds fantastic and is built like a tank. Standard kit in a lot of clubs and on several A list DJ's riders. Its not any wider than the djm as neither are 19" mixers.

Solution: buy a used xone 62 (or whatever mixer takes your fancy really) and a pioneer EFX500. The efx 500 is awesome- and is falling in price due to the newer 1000 model coming out recently. it gives you all the effects and more from the djm. I love my efx unit!
Vestax pcv 275 is very good for the cash too if you can find one! More than adequate for home use and a lot cheaper than the djm500.

Most importantly- try before you buy if you arent sure exactly what you want!

Or do your research and buy something different from the norm but still fantastic....like I did :http://www.deepattitude.com/images/pmc46mkII_big.jpg
Three cdjs, three vermona filters, an efx 500, six rotary eqs/kills and and three 1200s running through that! I have a better set up at home than most clubs!!! yes im insane!
Old 07 November 2005, 07:41 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Have used an A&H Xone 62 alot and I agree they are great mixers. Built to last, great filters and sonically very good. Have a mate who has one and uses it with 2 x CDJ1000s and 2 x 1210s and loves the setup. Mind you he wants to sell the A&H now to buy the Pioneer 500 and the efx module (dont know why he doesnt keep the A&H, i think its cos he has to have it all the same manufacturer, colour, etc) !!!

All that to go with his DVJ DVD decks and mixers.......its just plain greedy !!!

Dave
Old 07 November 2005, 07:50 PM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

im not into all that cd mixing and dvd crack. i like vinyl because its vinyl. id only use cds for accapellas. i play house and the smoother the better imo mixing wise. i dont want loads of effects i just want a simple mixer. i only need 4 channel max. pfl lights are a must and xone and djm ticks all the boxes. 62 is bit big and expensive. djm seems best allrounder just wish it had xone filters. looked at xone 32 but why are the gains on the back !!!!! put me right off
Old 07 November 2005, 08:53 PM
bren.wright
Scooby Regular

I have the DJM500 and have used the A&H 32.

It depends what you want to use it for really. I have the DJM500 at home and it's an excellent mixer, effects are good and not over the top and cheesy. I have had mine for 2 years, taken some hammer and still no crackle at all from any of the faders.

They are both built very well and theres not much between them, you can probably pick up a DJM600 though for a decent price, same as the 500 with a built in sampler.