Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Labour now taxing the view from your house!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2005, 11:35 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Labour now taxing the view from your house!!!!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...portaltop.html

If it was 1st of April you'd think this was a joke! Labour want to increase your council tax if you have a view from your house FFS!!!!

You will also see an increase in your council tax if you live near a bus-stop or have a big patio!!!

Is this taking the pis$ or what?!!
Old 06 November 2005, 11:41 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Surely Council Tax is for local services rendered by the Council. Every day yet another puerile idea to squeeze us for more and more cash!

I somehow think this would be against the law anyway and I hope it will be laughed out of court.

Les
Old 06 November 2005, 11:41 AM
V1CK1
Scooby Regular

Good old Labour!

Feckin c*nts.

One topic that i have strong opinions on. Sorry for my outburst.

Vicki
Old 06 November 2005, 11:44 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

I'd better move then as Ive got a cracking view from my house.

But no it doesnt surprise me at all. Just another steakth tax.

Though I'm sure Labour will say it's giving ppl a choice.

Chip
Old 06 November 2005, 11:47 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

All I can say is thank God they spend the money wisely and efficiently otherwise it would just be seen as more fleecing of the middle classes to top up the coffers.

With the vast number of improvements to our schools/education, the health services, police and law and order and general quality of life I feel they are fully justified.

I could not imagine trusting anyone else with 'our' money other than Tony 'the right stuff' Blair and his close friend and right hand man Gogs 'show me the money' Brown.

I just hope they can find a place for David ‘cool hand’ Blunkett soon after the press has stopped hounding this poor misunderstood man of great integrity

We are in safe hands those boys will not let us down, they said so! ;

Last edited by The Zohan; 06 November 2005 at 01:11 PM.
Old 06 November 2005, 11:51 AM
V1CK1
Scooby Regular

Paul, i now see the light, i was wrong, it is for the best. I have been a silly little girl with my views

Thank you for helping me understand
Old 06 November 2005, 11:56 AM
simo
Scooby Regular

Paul, are you PS Lewis???
Old 06 November 2005, 11:59 AM
V1CK1
Scooby Regular

I thought pslewis was in favour of Labour?
Old 06 November 2005, 12:04 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

No problem V1ck1

I to was confused and i did not understand.

I too thought the increase in gun crime and violent crimes meant it was less safe on the streets. I too though the light sentances and letting criminals out early with little tags because there is not enough spaces in prisions was a problem. Stupidly i assumed that building more prisons to house convicted crims was the answer but it is not.

I too thought that the increase in MRSA and longer waiting time + people going abroad for operations due to wainting lists in the UK even with HUGE increases in funding meant the NHS was not run efficiently or with as few managers as possible.

I too saw the increases in problem children, troubles in our schools high turnover of teachers etc as a sign of problems in the system.

This is simply not true. These are simply problems from the last conservative govenrment which Labour are dealing with even though they are not at fault.

These things appear to be getting worse to the untrained eye but i assured are better and getting so all the time. If for any reason they are not getting better then it is still the last conservative government that is at fault as labour has only had mere 9 years so far to sort things out and as all know it takes time!

We have nothing to fear just keep digging deep in you pockets and all will be well!
Old 06 November 2005, 12:10 PM
V1CK1
Scooby Regular

I am so glad that i have been brainwashed....i mean taught right from wrong.

LABOUR IS GREAT

We have so much to thank them for.

Where do i send my next pay cheque to?

Tonyblair.com?
Old 06 November 2005, 12:20 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

No problemV1CK1

This Labour government is the best thing to have happened to this country ever.
You should thank our great leader president Blair and his team of superheros for finding new and ingenious way of taking money off of us. Be sure every penny and indeed some they will have to borrow wil be spent (and some!!!).

Anyone whom dissagrees is wrong, misguided, insaine or a threat to national security.

Last edited by The Zohan; 06 November 2005 at 12:26 PM.
Old 06 November 2005, 12:25 PM
V1CK1
Scooby Regular

Here Here
Old 06 November 2005, 12:28 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by simo
Paul, are you PS Lewis???
No sadly not but i aspire to be him.

Pete is off at some gay pride event - towing a float with his gold wheeled Scoob
Old 06 November 2005, 12:56 PM
elgordano
Scooby Regular

so I assume you will get a reduced bill if you have a poor view ??
Old 06 November 2005, 01:09 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Will you get a reduction if you are blind? That might be handy for certain recently departed political figures. This government never do anything if there isn't some personal gain in it for them. By Monday morning they will all be wearing eye patches, or employing blind nannys for their kids, and claiming a rebate.

Did you know that Gordon Brown's brother has taken a high profile job with the French company though to be most likely to get the British nuclear power station contracts? Amazing isn't it. I mean, they weren't thought most likely before Gord's brother got the job but now, well everything seems clear. Perhaps old Blunkett is going to get a job with a brick works making bricks to block up your windows with.

I wonder will they call it the "window tax" as it is believed it was this tax which produced the phrase "daylight robbery." It might be fitting that the current government floundered on daylight robbery in view of their tactics.

The nuclear power stations are coming along well, now i wasn't sure they should be build of wood but Gord tells me that they company are new to this lark and that wood is ideal for the job, that is why they were more expensive than the other tenders who were going for the steel and concrete approach. Amazing what you learn.
Old 06 November 2005, 01:20 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hedgehog. Please stay put SO19 are on the way around - whats that, did i just hear you yell - "they'll never take me alive!!!'

Just to make things easier for you poor silly voters - Labour wiill abolish the other parties in time for the next election as they would hate you to make a mistake and vote for one of the others in error.
Old 06 November 2005, 01:22 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

They've got to think up these new ways of fleecing us because of that awful man going to the ECHR about speeding fines.....

I hope HE doesn't win at all.....
Old 06 November 2005, 02:39 PM
V1CK1
Scooby Regular

Clarebabes, they are not fleecing us, you havent learnt yet have you, its for our own good

Go Tony, Go Tony, Go Tony........

Old 06 November 2005, 05:23 PM
SlimJ_2005
Scooby Regular

I can see the sea from one window in our house if I stand on tippy toes, does that count?

So basically, Labour wants us all to live in slums with nothing going for them... really makes me want to do well in life!
Old 06 November 2005, 05:29 PM
stormyuklondon1
Scooby Regular

wait a minute, arent nice views taken into account when you purchase a property? so you pay for the privelage when you buy the house and now your gonna have to pay a 'rent' for it every year too. nice.
i look out my front window onto a motorway, does that mean i'll get a discount? not fcukin likely, i bet!
Old 06 November 2005, 05:33 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

What if you're out at work all the time and only at home when it's dark outside?

I'd like 5/7ths of the reduction the blind should be getting!
Old 06 November 2005, 05:34 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Basically its VERY fair!!!

If you have a beautiful view then your house is worth MORE than others that haven't - so, as the rates are based upon house values - you pay MORE!!

Excellent idea from a party tuned in to helping the less fortunate than we are.

No problem there with the electorate

Some selfish gits may find it wrong ..... luckily the Tories will never cloud Downing Street again in my lifetime!

Pete
Old 06 November 2005, 05:38 PM
CLSII
Scooby Regular

I only hope that this is some scheme dreamed up by Blairs 'think tank' (who is obviously on his way out) to ensure that Brown stands no chance at the next election.

There must surely be a limit to the gullibility of the electorate, there must be a point when this idiocy reaches a level where it effects so many people that Labour become unelectable.

Sadly I'm not sure there is
Old 06 November 2005, 05:39 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

But didn't they pay MORE when they bought the place? Thus MORE in stamp duty. Now they are to be taxed MORE and MORE.

Not surprising though, labour have ALWAYS been about TAXING more. To give them credit though, they do come up with more and more ingenious ways of WASTING all that extra tax.

Tax more, waste more, it's the new labour way, isn't it great!
Old 06 November 2005, 05:40 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

You'll be ok Pete, you probably cant see past the piles of incontinence pad boxes at the old peoples home.
Old 06 November 2005, 05:43 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SlimJ_2005
I can see the sea from one window in our house if I stand on tippy toes, does that count?
More importantly would short people get a discount because they can't see it?

I suspect that this scheme would require a very many thousands of civil servants and inspectors to enforce it. In fact it will probably go the same way as the various parking scams around the country where parking wardens are set a quota and are slapping tickets on vehicles that have, for example, just been in an accident.

The other thing is will you pay less in winter? After all it is dark most of the time. And, what about foggy days? Can you claim a rebate?
Old 06 November 2005, 05:57 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Interesting view on life - reminds me of the Window Tax that was introduced some centuries back - you still see blocked up windows in some houses, so I'm guessing this will happen again. But that's OK as we will all be watching Sky anyhow

Of the measures mentioned in that article, it would affect me in the following ways...

-ve

Open space next to us
Large garden
Cul De Sac (though it's not designated as such)

+ve
No street lighting
Possible pilon
Cesspit

What a prigging waste of £105M
Old 06 November 2005, 05:58 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

They had to dream up someway of paying for the Winter fuel allowance - s'goinna be a tough one afterall..!!

an i bet youd be first in the queue for handouts Pete.
Old 06 November 2005, 06:02 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

£45 million is going on a new "computer-assisted mass appraisal system" which will help officials to obtain specific details on every property in England.
The New Labour Third Term 'big brother' grip is tightening.

There must be some kind of civil liberties issue here surely? They can't get away with this kind of thing.
Old 06 November 2005, 06:04 PM
wrxtankie
Scooby Regular

Location: A.K.A RAIDEN, Watford & Tidworth. V7 STI Type RA Spec C, V2 STI,97JDM WRX, Daytona 675R

I´m sure many of you are aware that the paper work required so people in the army could vote was lost just before the elections. Well as luck would have it, it turned up last week. Now all i have to do is find a time machine so i can apply to vote.

It was only worth about 120,000 votes 90% of which would have voted against them. but i guess thats nothing.

Aston

Quick Reply: Labour now taxing the view from your house!!!!!!