Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I just cant believe it!

Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2005, 12:40 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just cant believe it!

The latest Government wheeze is that if you break your ASBO - they take your house away and send you for re-education!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...849912,00.html

The 40 separate proposals include moves to allow local councils to seize the privately owned homes of people convicted of serious anti-social behaviour offences.

The report confirms plans to let local councils confiscate the homes of persistent offenders who breach their Asbos, and to send problem families to “sin bins” for rehabilitation.

Plans given the green light include extending the list of organisations that can apply for Asbos to bodies such as the Environment Agency, which could use them to police illegal dumping.

So given the cost of houses these days and be found drunk when you shouldnt and you get a £500000 fine? And then be rehabilitated! WTF! Stalin had nothing on these guys
Old 02 November 2005, 12:45 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds a bit like the Khmer Rouge re-education camps!
Old 02 November 2005, 12:56 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

its starting..... work camps..... and will there be showers!

billy and his role are so scarily like martin sheens character in the dead zone..

where next i fear...

Old 02 November 2005, 01:31 PM
bren.wright
Scooby Regular

What you on about? It says seriouse anti social behaviour. I agree with it, they should throw the chav *******s out if they are drunken idiots every night! When they have no house maybe they will gain a little respect.
Old 02 November 2005, 01:38 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by bren.wright
What you on about? It says seriouse anti social behaviour. I agree with it, they should throw the chav *******s out if they are drunken idiots every night! When they have no house maybe they will gain a little respect.
Here here, its talking about serious repeat offenders and too right, people like FastBlokes neighbours may take a lesson in this and give good honest people (not talking about fastbloke here obviously ) a break from the idiot next door
Old 02 November 2005, 01:48 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bren.wright
I think prison is a more appropriate response, without undermining 1000 years of property rights. State confiscation of property is a dictatorial tactic, and its being proposed to be done by councils (unelected civil servants or yes men to you). The size of the punishment is totally out of proportion to the offense, dont forget you can breach an ASBO by leaving your home at 6.59 instead of 7am, are you going to leave the decision on whether you're fined hundreds of thousands of pounds and made homeless to a civil servant?

I am for hard punishments but this is too far
Old 02 November 2005, 01:48 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

So what happens if they don't have a house or any money, as is common with scummy offenders?

Trending Topics

Old 02 November 2005, 01:58 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ajm
So what happens if they don't have a house or any money, as is common with scummy offenders?
What worries me, they loose their house, go to the re-education camp, then go to the council offices and get a council house which we then fund. I'm not sure this has been very well thought out TBH.

Forced re-location maybe? Take over the Isle of Wight as an ASBO haven and ship all these people over there? Australia Take 2