Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2005, 11:05 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'civil war' erupts in Paris suburb

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/inter...604595,00.html

Sound familier? Immigrants rioting

Looks like another multi-cultural success story then. Its interesting to see how the BBC report this story as well, no real mention that the riots were anything to do with race (rioting in a black area)
Old 30 October 2005, 12:23 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Riot was over youth’s fleeing from police and killing themselves because they tried to escape via a substation and hence got electrocuted. WTF is wrong with these people? They shouldn’t have been running from the police to begin with. Very worrying the mentality of these types...
Old 04 November 2005, 07:51 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

One of the scum was on the news last night- his reasoning was that the French are very rich, him and his type are poor and that they want some of the rich peoples money to be shared with them.
Old 04 November 2005, 08:31 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
One of the scum was on the news last night- his reasoning was that the French are very rich, him and his type are poor and that they want some of the rich peoples money to be shared with them.
Sounds fair enough.
Old 04 November 2005, 08:49 AM
Reality
BANNED

If you had to live with the French you'd be rioting too !
Old 04 November 2005, 08:55 AM
STi-Frenchie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Reality
If you had to live with the French you'd be rioting too !
<yawn>

This might have died down by now if the French Interior Minister, Nicholas Sarkozy hadn't referred to the rioters as "scum" -- voicing the opinion of a large majority of ordinary french people. As it is, he's fanned the flames
Old 04 November 2005, 09:02 AM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by STi-Frenchie
<yawn>

This might have died down by now if the French Interior Minister, Nicholas Sarkozy hadn't referred to the rioters as "scum" -- voicing the opinion of a large majority of ordinary french people. As it is, he's fanned the flames
You Yawn then agree with me - Are you French

Trending Topics

Old 04 November 2005, 09:05 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question

Also, there's another version of the story doing the rounds in France, one that says the kids WEREN'T fleeing the police at all. They were breaking into a substation, and two of the three were electrocuted. The third called for help, police and pompiers, (firemen), arrived, and were promptly stoned.

Think about it: if you're running away from someone, why do you take time to break into a substation? Where you'd be trapped?

Alcazar
Old 04 November 2005, 09:14 AM
_RIP_
BANNED

I'm sure it wont be long before we get some of this in the UK
Old 04 November 2005, 09:22 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iwan
Sounds fair enough.
Ever tried working for it?

No that would be stupid, better to emigrate to another country and have it handed to you on a plate.
Old 04 November 2005, 09:23 AM
STi-Frenchie
Scooby Regular

You Yawn then agree with me - Are you French
Did I miss something? Where did I agree with you?
Old 04 November 2005, 09:41 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Ever tried working for it?

No that would be stupid, better to emigrate to another country and have it handed to you on a plate.
I was being sarcastic mate, i totally agree with you. I was commenting on the twisted logic of these sponging a$$holes.
Old 04 November 2005, 09:58 AM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by STi-Frenchie
Imagine you're a immigrant living in the **** hole slum that the French put you in.

There's a riot and the French minister labels you scum (and as you stated) it represents the view of the masses of whitey French folk.

So - If you were living with the French as an Immigrant - Would you Riot ?

I probably would
Old 04 November 2005, 10:08 AM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

Imagine you're a immigrant living in the **** hole slum that the French put you in.

There's a riot and the French minister labels you scum (and as you stated) it represents the view of the masses of whitey French folk.

I probably would
You say that as if it's just a common occurence - almost off-the-cuff. I think the question is why was there a riot? And why did all these people start to join in? OK, so they're poor and in a poor area of Paris but they CHOSE to go there and surely they did that because a ****-hole part of Paris is FAR better than the place where they originally came from?

The minister shouldn't have called them 'scum' publicly (if that's what he said) but a verbal slur isn't a reason to start a riot and smash the place up - not a great way to win the hearts and minds of your hosts...

Additionally - the survivor of the substation break-in (badly injured) says that there were no police following them. Police reports say that the officers involved were back at the police station, having released the suspects 20 minutes before the power company say the substation shorted out - so it disproves the 'reason' these people are rioting in the first place...
Old 04 November 2005, 10:13 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by _RIP_
I'm sure it wont be long before we get some of this in the UK
Where have you been hiding then?

Happened plenty of times over here.... Just nobody has the bottle to call them scum...

The french are a funny breed, sometime I hate them, other times theyre just comical
Old 04 November 2005, 10:21 AM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by mad_dr
You say that as if it's just a common occurence - almost off-the-cuff. I think the question is why was there a riot? And why did all these people start to join in? OK, so they're poor and in a poor area of Paris but they CHOSE to go there and surely they did that because a ****-hole part of Paris is FAR better than the place where they originally came from?

The minister shouldn't have called them 'scum' publicly (if that's what he said) but a verbal slur isn't a reason to start a riot and smash the place up - not a great way to win the hearts and minds of your hosts...

Additionally - the survivor of the substation break-in (badly injured) says that there were no police following them. Police reports say that the officers involved were back at the police station, having released the suspects 20 minutes before the power company say the substation shorted out - so it disproves the 'reason' these people are rioting in the first place...
You can't "invite" people to live in your country then treat them like slaves - it's why Immigration doesn't work in the UK or France. The Immigrants want to better themselves and the country accepting them want a cheap source of exploitable labour. When the requirements for cheap labour change you cant just forget the now over abundant cheap labour pool - If you do you get Riots !

And so you should !
Old 04 November 2005, 10:37 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

You can't "invite" people to live in your country then treat them like slaves - it's why Immigration doesn't work in the UK or France. The Immigrants want to better themselves and the country accepting them want a cheap source of exploitable labour. When the requirements for cheap labour change you cant just forget the now over abundant cheap labour pool - If you do you get Riots !

And so you should !
I don't know a lot about the French, but I don't think they brought them in as cheap labour.
Old 04 November 2005, 10:46 AM
O.G.
Scooby Newbie

Default french riots

my mrs is french and she took me to paris this yr to stay with her cousin. We went into some the areas where this is all kicking off and to be honest with you all it was a really deprived looking place where all these people had been clubbed together. I wouldn't want to live there myself however if i'd been granted asylum to stay in another country away from persicution and violence i'd be breakin my ***** to get a job and pay my way to say thank you for having me.
It's too easy to moan like **** stars about conditions (i maybe being nieve here) but life is what you make it, no one gives you something for nothing - if it's cr@p where you are move - there's always a solution to any problem.
People do have a thing about the french for being arrogent etc and to be honest they are but now i've been with my wife for 9yrs i understand why they are. They maybe many things but they have got a lot of things right where we could learn from, you don't see them with the highest underage pregnency rates or binge drinking colture, and their roads - amazing on a car or motorbike(a side thought).
We should watch and learn as it could easily happen here too.
Old 04 November 2005, 10:47 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by O.G.
my mrs is french and she took me to paris this yr to stay with her cousin. We went into some the areas where this is all kicking off and to be honest with you all it was a really deprived looking place where all these people had been clubbed together. I wouldn't want to live there myself however if i'd been granted asylum to stay in another country away from persicution and violence i'd be breakin my ***** to get a job and pay my way to say thank you for having me.
It's too easy to moan like **** stars about conditions (i maybe being nieve here) but life is what you make it, no one gives you something for nothing - if it's cr@p where you are move - there's always a solution to any problem.
People do have a thing about the french for being arrogent etc and to be honest they are but now i've been with my wife for 9yrs i understand why they are. They maybe many things but they have got a lot of things right where we could learn from, you don't see them with the highest underage pregnency rates or binge drinking colture, and their roads - amazing on a car or motorbike(a side thought).
We should watch and learn as it could easily happen here too.

Wise words and too true!
Old 04 November 2005, 10:49 AM
Reality
BANNED

I don't know a lot about the French, but I don't think they brought them in as cheap labour.
Possibly not - maybe as a result of raping their homelands. Whatever the reason for having thousands of unemployed immigrants living in poor areas of a large city you can't call them scum when they get upset - you'll just upset them more.

Having some arrogant white boy sending in his more arrogant white riot police to sort out the black scum is never really going to have a happy conclusion !

It's going to get worse !
Old 04 November 2005, 11:57 AM
Reality
BANNED

Some interesting French Stats;

9.2% unemployment rate for people of French origin
14% unemployment for people of foreign origin (adjusted for education)
5% overall unemployment for university graduates
26.5% unemployment for "North African" university graduates

Source: Insee

Assuming you've the "get up and go" to go to University why would you be 5 times more likely to be unemployed !

Could it be because you're Black ?

Deep rooted racism is the cause of this trouble - and I have no doubt we'll be seeing the same in the UK before long .
Old 04 November 2005, 12:10 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My take is the immigrants come in to western countries either invited or even claiming asylum, don't bother to integrate and then then blame whitey when they make a complete failure of it.

Are they really all living in their own faeces because - despite being well motivated, incredibly smart and getting themselves educated - they just can't find jobs because the French are racist??

Suresh
(descendend from an immigrant who made a big success of it)
Old 04 November 2005, 12:10 PM
STi-Frenchie
Scooby Regular

I probably would
Correction there Reality, I stated that in the opinion of the majority of ordinary french folk, these rioters are scum. That majority of ordinary folk includes all races, religions, colours and creeds. Who are these rioters hurting the most? Their own community -- they've burned cars, attacked the transport system and are putting people, their own community, out of work which is also why their community are trying to get the whole situation calmed down. It is a minority of the community who are creating the nightly disturbances so to answer your last question, if I was an immigrant living with the french I would not take part in the riots, just like most of the community in the Paris suburb where this has all kicked off.
Old 04 November 2005, 01:04 PM
_RIP_
BANNED

Originally Posted by davegtt
Where have you been hiding then?

Happened plenty of times over here.... Just nobody has the bottle to call them scum...
I've not been hiding anywhere. Have you? Perhaps you can tell me then? When did UK immigrants riot in a dozen towns for eight days while buring 500 vehicles. I must have missed it.
Old 04 November 2005, 01:24 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Possibly not - maybe as a result of raping their homelands. Whatever the reason for having thousands of unemployed immigrants living in poor areas of a large city you can't call them scum when they get upset - you'll just upset them more.

Having some arrogant white boy sending in his more arrogant white riot police to sort out the black scum is never really going to have a happy conclusion !

It's going to get worse !
You can call them scum because they are. (But not in PC Britain)

So exactly what are they thinking? I'll be kind to these immigrants and say that they all want to integrate, none of them are criminals, they are victims of the racist French and that they are forced to turn to violence.

What good is that going to do, it's only going to make the racist French hate them more and it'll turn moderate French people towards being more racist as they see immigrants destroying their beloved France. It's completely uncivilised and ends up damages everyone.

I have sympathy for the majority of immigrants who are not rioting and are law abiding citizens who will be hurt the most by this.
Old 04 November 2005, 01:38 PM
Reality
BANNED

You can call them scum because they are. (But not in PC Britain)

So exactly what are they thinking? I'll be kind to these immigrants and say that they all want to integrate, none of them are criminals, they are victims of the racist French and that they are forced to turn to violence.

What good is that going to do, it's only going to make the racist French hate them more and it'll turn moderate French people towards being more racist as they see immigrants destroying their beloved France. It's completely uncivilised and ends up damages everyone.

I have sympathy for the majority of immigrants who are not rioting and are law abiding citizens who will be hurt the most by this.
That's what I mean by deep rooted. The "Liberals" invite immigrants into a country so they can escape persecution or the "Capitalists" invite them because they need poor people to do **** jobs. They make no effort to ensure the immigrants are integrated into society. When the good times stop (as has happened in France already and will do soon here) the lack of integration becomes a major problem.

But you can't blame the immigrants for their lack of integration - especially when they are all put into schemes that probably would have been pulled down as the locals wouldn't live there.

Having a multi-cultural society doesn't just happen because you invite lots of cultures to come and live with you as second class citizens !

The French interior minister comes across as a racist **** to me - **** knows what your average North African French citizen would think of him !

This will turn very nasty over the coming few days unless the French Government wise up !
Old 04 November 2005, 01:42 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by _RIP_
I've not been hiding anywhere. Have you? Perhaps you can tell me then? When did UK immigrants riot in a dozen towns for eight days while buring 500 vehicles. I must have missed it.
So because it'll be immigrants who are doing the rioting next means its any different to the riots we've seen over here already?

Birmingham only 2 weeks ago
Oldham
Burnley
Bradford

All had race related riots, plenty of cars got burnt out then too....

I also seem to recall about 2 years ago immigrants rioting in Oldham, wasnt reported in the national press but certainly the local press because the Oldham Athletic manager drove through the riot and got dragged from his Mercedes whilst the car was being smashed up.... OK might not be on the scale we see in France at the minute but doesnt mean its not happening over here.
Old 04 November 2005, 01:50 PM
_RIP_
BANNED

Yes, those were purely race riots. But the Paris riots were not race riots as such, totally different imo. The riots in Paris were due to the stupidly large number of immigrants being housed in the surrounding suburbs. And with the UK's failure to tackle mass immigration that is why I said that it wont belong before we get similar. I get your drift though
Old 04 November 2005, 02:53 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

They make no effort to ensure the immigrants are integrated into society. When the good times stop (as has happened in France already and will do soon here) the lack of integration becomes a major problem.
Why should they? Can't people look after themselves anymore and make the choices about what to do? They have already benefitted immensely from coming to France - they can always return to their home countries.

Immigrants don't want to split up either, imagine if they forcibly split immigrant communities up or placed a family 100's of miles from where they could worship, buy their own food, socialise with similar people.

And lets be blunt, most Muslims and Europeans don't integrate well at all.
Old 04 November 2005, 03:00 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Muslims don't want to integrate. They want us to convert to Islam.

Quick Reply: 'civil war' erupts in Paris suburb