Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Lord Of War

Search this Thread

Old 16 October 2005, 03:38 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lord Of War

Im off to see it later, anyone seen it yet?
Old 16 October 2005, 04:15 PM
djuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 16vmarc
Im off to see it later, anyone seen it yet?
Saw it on Friday, the reviews aren't too good as far as I can see but I have to say I enjoyed it, funny in places but with a fairly serious theme througout.
Old 16 October 2005, 04:36 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to see 'History of violence' on Friday, wandered into this (Lord of War) by mistake, was a bit late so it had just started (i.e. missed the title) and didnt know what either was about so just sat down, there was some violence early on so I thought I was in the right film all the way through, twigged when I read a review on the plane on the way back !

Anyway, I really enjoyed it, Nicholas Cage was his normal self, playing Nicholas Cage but thats no bad thing, I find him to be easy to watch/listen too, real suspense in there so you can forgive it some artisic licence.

Well worth seeing imo, can be a bit grim/violent in places but a couple of hours well spent.

Also saw (was stuck in a hotel on my todd so went to the pics 3 times last week), Land of the Dead, proper zombie film, a bit more hollywood than the older zombie films but on the upside the makeup/effects are great, elements of other films such as Aliens, quite a lot of references in there to spot. Came out buzzing, not highbrow but damn good gory fun.

Four Brothers, Marky Mark Wahlberg, again very violent but most enjoyable.

Miss congeniality 2, last night Sky box office, suffered 10 mins and walked out, wife stuck it out but said the same, utter dog****.

Carribean vacation, Overdubbed nonsense with no plot but ultimately satisfying, very pricey at 11.95, we shall see whether work query that one on my hotel bill.....