Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related
View Poll Results: Is the St George's Cross racist
Yes and quite frankly I'm offended and digusted by people wearing such "symbols"
3.23%
Nah, it's your country be patriotic if you want
96.77%
Dunno
0%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Is the St George's Cross racist

Search this Thread

Old 05 October 2005, 12:59 PM
Scooby Roo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Is the St George's Cross racist

Is this PC gone mad.

I for one cannot see how the George Cross can be misinterpreted as a racist symbol it's our national flag ffs.

Does anyone feel that we are being persecuted for being English in our own country by the PC brigade who "think" they are looking after everyones interest [my *rse]. This type of gesture is really getting on my t*ts.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...446844,00.html

Roo
Old 05 October 2005, 01:03 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Wink

I for one cannot see how the George Cross can be misinterpreted as a racist symbol it's our national flag ffs.
Totally agree .... Stupid politically correct (and wrong) nonsense

Even if the flag does look a bit gay
Old 05 October 2005, 01:05 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Have you noticed how the vast majority of people who bring the race card into play in these situations are middle class white people who feel the need to deflect attention from their own professional failings?
Old 05 October 2005, 01:15 PM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Angry

This country gets worse by the day !! How the f**k can our flag be deamed rasist ???

Would they have stopped a guard wearing a badge if he was scottish and wearing a scottish badge or indian and wearing an indian badge ?? I doubt it very much !!

What the hell will the pick on next !!!!
Old 05 October 2005, 01:15 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Read that yesterday and thought it was a joke, no its not racist its the national flag
Old 05 October 2005, 01:21 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't say its a rascist symbol but there are some unfortunate connotations since it's been hijacked by football hooligans.
Old 05 October 2005, 01:23 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Ms Owers ordered: "Staff should not wear unauthorised tie pins."
Just about sums it up. It's these PC lesbo's who are the modern day *****.

Trending Topics

Old 05 October 2005, 01:23 PM
VDubGav
Scooby Regular

I don't see it as offensive. What I object to is that we're not allowed to display it but other races can display their flags without offending us Look at Southall
Old 05 October 2005, 01:26 PM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Flatcapdriver
I wouldn't say its a rascist symbol but there are some unfortunate connotations since it's been hijacked by football hooligans.
And a hell of a lot more genuine fans of Football, Rugby and Cricket who are proud to put the name of the club / team on the St Georges flag and show it off in stadiums around the world !!
Old 05 October 2005, 01:32 PM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by VDubGav
I don't see it as offensive. What I object to is that we're not allowed to display it but other races can display their flags without offending us Look at Southall
Totaly agree !! I was told to take a St Georges flag down at work during the last euro championship, I did and brought an even bigger on in the following day

I don't take offence when I see someone else displaying any other flag in this country on a shirt, badge, sticker, cup etc
So don't see why the hell it should be our flag that is removed !!
Old 05 October 2005, 01:48 PM
VDubGav
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby-Mark
Totaly agree !! I was told to take a St Georges flag down at work during the last euro championship, I did and brought an even bigger on in the following day

I don't take offence when I see someone else displaying any other flag in this country on a shirt, badge, sticker, cup etc
So don't see why the hell it should be our flag that is removed !!
So were we Why shouldn't someone be proud to display their national flag especially in their own country. If we told anyone else not to display their flags we would be held up as being racist They need to put up and shut up if they're here in my opinion.
Old 05 October 2005, 01:56 PM
richardg
Scooby Regular

the swastika is an ancient symbol - http://history1900s.about.com/cs/swa...ikahistory.htm
the ***** adopted it for whatever reason and as a result, people's perception of what the symbol meant were then blurred

st george's cross is our national flag and not a racist symbol IMHO.
ok so there are a number of people out there passionate about what they believe in/enjoy (race issues, football, olympic sports, rugby, motor racing - button's silverstone gp helmet! - etc etc) who wave the flag as they're proud of their nationality. that doesn't mean anyone english is racist or that the flag is a racist symbol.
Old 05 October 2005, 02:10 PM
tmo
Scooby Regular

WTF !!!! Can’t believe how anyone could think it was racist.

Bunch of tree hugging, cardigan wearing do gooders, must have got a grant to conduct a year long study on the subject …. tossers

It’s the flag of our country FFS, be proud of it.
Old 05 October 2005, 02:23 PM
King RA
BANNED

The flag does have a racist element to it and you cannot deny that.
Old 05 October 2005, 02:24 PM
tmo
Scooby Regular

A racist element ?? can you define that please.
Old 05 October 2005, 02:30 PM
turbotroll
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by King RA
The flag does have a racist element to it and you cannot deny that.
You can say that about any national flag on the planet.
Old 05 October 2005, 02:31 PM
King RA
BANNED

National front, combat 18 e.t.c all use the St. Georges Cross as a symbol of their cause. As much as we all don't want the flag to be seen as a racist symbol it's because of these groups that it is.
Old 05 October 2005, 02:36 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Does this mean that the little flags on the rally cars (on the rear side window with the drivers name) will be banned next?

How far will these people go????
Old 05 October 2005, 02:36 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

National front, combat 18 e.t.c all use the St. Georges Cross as a symbol of their cause. As much as we all don't want the flag to be seen as a racist symbol it's because of these groups that it is.
Rubbish.
Old 05 October 2005, 02:39 PM
tmo
Scooby Regular

I think they see it as a symbol of the country not a racist emblem
Old 05 October 2005, 02:40 PM
King RA
BANNED

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Rubbish.
How is this not the case?? Please explain. Any idiot can come up with 1 word answers.
Old 05 October 2005, 02:43 PM
Dick Cheese
Scooby Regular

... and whose fault is that?

If I drive down your street in a scooby shouting "******* out" - will your neighbours demand that you sell your racist car?
Pinch yourself and pop into the real world for a second.
Old 05 October 2005, 02:49 PM
turbotroll
Scooby Regular

How about changing the name of the country. That would be the next logical step - if the flag is offensive, so must the name.

You could almost believe this was planned....................
Old 05 October 2005, 02:52 PM
King RA
BANNED

Originally Posted by Dick Cheese
... and whose fault is that?

If I drive down your street in a scooby shouting "******* out" - will your neighbours demand that you sell your racist car?
Pinch yourself and pop into the real world for a second.
No, but if a whole load of you do it, on a regular basis, say for example the southern big one. Then yes they probably would.

1 person is hardly the same argument is it, would this be an issue if 1 person waved the flag and shouted racist abuse??
Old 05 October 2005, 02:55 PM
Scooby Roo
Scooby Regular

As been stated before [on more than one occassion] every country has its racist element and they generally front with their national flags cos they think they're being patriotic [not going to be more specific cos I could go on for ages]. The point being that this comment would make all national flags racist symbols.

Roo
Old 05 October 2005, 02:57 PM
King RA
BANNED

Originally Posted by turbotroll
How about changing the name of the country. That would be the next logical step - if the flag is offensive, so must the name.

You could almost believe this was planned....................
How is this the case?? It's the flag that's extensively used as a racist symbol, not the name of the country. Why do you even make this comparison?

It seems that you are all now having a go at me and make up any stupid argument to cover your anger at the SGC being seen as a racist symbol. I don't like this situation as much as anyone else, but I least I don't stick my head in the sand and deny it.
Old 05 October 2005, 03:01 PM
King RA
BANNED

Originally Posted by Scooby Roo
As been stated before [on more than one occassion] every country has its racist element and they generally front with their national flags cos they think they're being patriotic [not going to be more specific cos I could go on for ages]. The point being that this comment would make all national flags racist symbols.

Roo
Do foreigners see the St. Georges cross as racist?? probably not, because they are not aware of the racist element.

Do we see their flag as racist?? probably not as well but they may have this same argument in their country.

..and foreigners don't always use their flag as a racist symbol, don't the German NF use the swastika?
Old 05 October 2005, 03:01 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Smile

Just because these fools use the flag does not give them ownership or ther right to claim it as theirs, it has been the prioperty of the English people long before the likes of C18.

Only weak minded people or the PC softy knobbers would and will let this happen. The weak minded because they are just that - weak minded! The PC brigade becasue if it is associated with C18 et al then it is bad and must not be seen as it is racist and they can play the race card.

There is nothing wrong with the Cross of St George or what it really stands for/signifies.

As for the numb nuts's that harp on about how bad the British have been throughout history and we should hang our heads with shame and hide our flag away.

I am not responsibile for the things that happened in the past. I know of them and understand them and i would never let them happen again.
We the English are the same in that respect as s many other nations and races have an 'ugly' past.

Learn from the mistakes and move on - not making them again!
Old 05 October 2005, 03:03 PM
Dick Cheese
Scooby Regular

1 person is hardly the same argument is it, would this be an issue if 1 person waved the flag and shouted racist abuse??
We're talking about a minority and a majority. Racists are in the minority in Engerland, so their use of a flag shouldn't detract from the positive use of the flag, in this case as a show of support for a cancer charity.

Quick Reply: Is the St George's Cross racist