Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ebay sellers fees ??

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2005, 06:26 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay sellers fees ??

Just received an email from ebay to say my latest invoice is £14.10, thought this was kinda high, have sold two items since last invoice, one item at £47 and one item at £300.

did not go for anything fancy in the way off adverts just the standard adds with maybe one off them with the photo in the main listings page, and one off them with a designer layout as I say pretty much standard, probably a couple off quid each listing ?? say £4 in listing fees for the two items ??

so the extra £10 to make the final bill off £14, is this purely there final value fees and if so how much did the £300 item cost me in terms off a final value fee ??

anyone explain it a bit better for me kinda confused a little as it does seems a little high for two items ??

cheers,
john
Old 04 October 2005, 06:36 PM
scoobynut555
Scooby Regular

I believe they charge VAT on all sales, if you go to your account details and view latest invoice it should have a break down there somewhere
Old 04 October 2005, 06:37 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jono300
Just received an email from ebay to say my latest invoice is £14.10, thought this was kinda high, have sold two items since last invoice, one item at £47 and one item at £300.

did not go for anything fancy in the way off adverts just the standard adds with maybe one off them with the photo in the main listings page, and one off them with a designer layout as I say pretty much standard, probably a couple off quid each listing ?? say £4 in listing fees for the two items ??

so the extra £10 to make the final bill off £14, is this purely there final value fees and if so how much did the £300 item cost me in terms off a final value fee ??

anyone explain it a bit better for me kinda confused a little as it does seems a little high for two items ??

cheers,
john
did you not read the terms and conditions....

2 questions...

did you post any of the items with a reserve ?? you pay an additional premium for this..

and the selling fee is a percentage,, the more you make, the more you pay..

just log onto paypal / ebay and look at your fees breakdown

Mart
Old 04 October 2005, 07:00 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Hi guys cant seem to find out where on my ebay invoice I will find a breakdown off these charges for the two items sold, know about a final value fee off 5.25% off the first £29.00 off the items value is it ?? and 2-3% ?? on the remainder but still seems a little steep is it not ??!!

anyone fancy working it out for me ?? dont have the original emails that stated each items listing fee but as I say was only a few quid each item.

both items were sold with no reserve.
Old 04 October 2005, 07:03 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Doesnt it tell you what your fees are as you make up your advert? I knew exactly what mine would cost before I agreed to it
Old 04 October 2005, 07:05 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Try this..

Here you go

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/calculator/advanced.html

If it sold for £300ish you would pay about £10 just in FVF, expensive isn't it!
Old 04 October 2005, 07:46 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jono300

cheers,
john
That total appears correct at first glance taking into account your selling fees on £347 overall.

Trending Topics

Old 04 October 2005, 07:49 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Thanks mate, appreciatte that.

makes it a bit easier paying for something if you know how they arrive with the final bill in the first place !!

as you say kinda expensive, is a very powerful selling tool ebay but to me the costs are kinda getting high , will stick to only buying stuff thru ebay and sell things elswhere on the net !!

anyone else think ebay fees are getting kinda high ??

whats your highest monthly bill then ???

thanks again anyway guys, help was much appreciatted.

cheers,
john
Old 04 October 2005, 07:56 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

I have a few accounts but I know the most recent inovice they emailed was something like £747, brings tears to my eye everytime I get the email though from them!
Old 04 October 2005, 08:04 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Jono, My eBay fees alone are over a thousand a month but that is only an indication of sales too so if they weren't I'd be worried. Then there's PayPal fees on top!!

eBay can hardly be called dear for the exposure and ease of selling it provides in my opinion.

Also when you take into account advert fees elsewhere with a much smaller audience and then the fact you don't need to be paying for premises, I think it's cheap.

eBay have just put up my regular listing price by 50% because they can, which I think is shítty. Mind you, with a little thought I've got around it with wording and linking to my shop in the hope customers will buy the item from there which costs next to nothing to list.
Old 05 October 2005, 07:28 AM
Nezz10
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jono,

Log in to your eBay and then click on Seller Account on the left hand side. This brings you to a page where you can pay the eBay bills.

Click on view account status and it will bring up an itemised listing of the charges that eBay have made to you.

Nezz.