Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Kept license - by skin of my teeth

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2005, 07:44 PM
Roojai
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kept license - by skin of my teeth

Had a court appearance this morning after getting caught doing 51 in a 30. It was a very straight safe bit of road but before you all start - I know I should not have been doing it.

Was worried as I already had 6 points and thought there was a good chance I would get a ban.

The result in the end: 5 points and 330 quid fine.

So managed to keep my license but I am very poor now.
Old 03 October 2005, 07:57 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Steady away for a good while me thinks
Old 03 October 2005, 08:48 PM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

I got very simalar last December, taking a short cut through an industrial estate on a Sunday afternoon to avoid the high street, copper was hiding behind a closed factory unit, did me fo 59mph in a 30 even though my road angel was only reading 44mph !!

I too had 6 points at the time and was advised not to argue about the speed and plead guilty in writing, I did against my will, and didn't have to go to court and was given 5 points and £196 in fines.
Old 03 October 2005, 09:05 PM
mattvortex
Scooby Regular

I was caught doing 23mph ABOVE the speed limit on the 50mph dual carraigeway. As i was so much over the limit, i thought they were gonna cane me but only got £60 fine and 3 points!
Old 03 October 2005, 09:59 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

do you think its possible for the police to make there equipment read higher then it should?

i am convinced the bloke in a T5 with his vascar sumhow fudged the figures on the last set of points i got, i was speeding anyway so i just let him get on with it, but he claimed i was doing 59mph in a 40 when i know i was going much slower (i knew he was after me and i had slowed down while out of site as the road came down from a 70 to a 40 around a roundabout filter lane)

i was trundleing along that 40mph road at 40 on my clocks, i was speeding on the national limit sign, but im sure he arsed up his buttons on the vascar just to "get me"

not fully 100% on how the vascar works, i belive its all down to when ever they press there buttons.

makes no odds anyway, i got my first set of points following a panda car up a dual carrigeway steep hill, the lone policeman said i was speeding so that was that
Old 03 October 2005, 10:17 PM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Well the copper that got me showed me the radar gun in the back of the car showing "+59 711" Which he explained the + meant I was traveling towards him, 59 was the speed and 711 was the distance.

I then replied how come my road angel was reading 44mph, it never detected your laser gun and how do I know that was me ?? I mentioned no time or date stamp on the gun as to when it took the reading and the fact it was hand held over a distance of 711 feet, how much of an error would be incured from a slightly unsteady hand ??
All in my opinion valid questions about the incedent.

His response was, bring it up in court and see who they believe, a traffic coppers word or mine a high performance car driver with a road angel and 6 points already

Hence I could risk going to court and arguing and was advised to plead guilty in writing.
Old 03 October 2005, 10:25 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by Scooby-Mark
Well the copper that got me showed me the radar gun in the back of the car showing "+59 711" Which he explained the + meant I was traveling towards him, 59 was the speed and 711 was the distance.

I then replied how come my road angel was reading 44mph, it never detected your laser gun and how do I know that was me ?? I mentioned no time or date stamp on the gun as to when it took the reading and the fact it was hand held over a distance of 711 feet, how much of an error would be incured from a slightly unsteady hand ??
All in my opinion valid questions about the incedent.

His response was, bring it up in court and see who they believe, a traffic coppers word or mine a high performance car driver with a road angel and 6 points already

Hence I could risk going to court and arguing and was advised to plead guilty in writing.
Plod............trust 'em as far as you could sling a car load.

Governemnt bullies, enforcers and auxilliary tax gatherers

Alcazar

Trending Topics

Old 03 October 2005, 11:55 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

I hate traffic police with an absolute passion I just can't explain how much
Old 04 October 2005, 12:16 AM
Roojai
Scooby Regular