Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Old 02 October 2005, 12:19 PM
rooferman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speeding ticket

Got a ticket for doing 35mph in a 30mph in the post yesterday,but they seem to have got my name wrong on the document...well not wrong but they have got the order of names wrong........ie middle name 1st followed by maiden name,and then 1st name......will this help me get of paying fine/points etc?

Bloody hope so...
Old 02 October 2005, 12:25 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Unlikely
Old 02 October 2005, 12:28 PM
ben1413
Scooby Regular

Take it like a man!! It happens to the best of us!!

A friend of mine got a ticket the other day for 34mph in a 30!

Ben
Old 02 October 2005, 12:38 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thats so sad Like 5mph really makes a difference.. I have a feeling my car with all round discs will stop fastest at 50 that jo people carrier doing 30
Old 02 October 2005, 12:40 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ben1413
Take it like a man!! It happens to the best of us!!

A friend of mine got a ticket the other day for 34mph in a 30!

Ben
Before i start, i do not condone speeding in built up areas.

With out wanting to cause an argument, but its people taking exactly that attitude that is going to see the police carry on getting away with more and more money making cameras.

without knowing the facts, there have been a few speed limits changed in the last coulple of years. There has been a reduction of a speed limit down to a 20, and because its between already 2X 30 mph speed lilits, there is no notice of it. Looking at the road, you would think it was a 40 mph limit at least, no houses schools, theres only a path on one side of it. Now there are regular speed traps on it, nailing people who go just above the 30 limit. That STINKS on a major scale.

But if you were in a residential area, i would have to say take it and learn from it...

John
Old 02 October 2005, 12:46 PM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

was it a camera?
Old 02 October 2005, 02:13 PM
rooferman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Elmer Fudpucker
was it a camera?

Dreaded detector van!!!!!!

I thought seeming as its a legal document it would have to be precise/contain no mistakes,as ive had parking tickets before with mistakes on them,and they have been withdrawn once you point out that there are faults..

Trending Topics

Old 02 October 2005, 02:21 PM
Gastro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rooferman
Dreaded detector van!!!!!!

I thought seeming as its a legal document it would have to be precise/contain no mistakes,as ive had parking tickets before with mistakes on them,and they have been withdrawn once you point out that there are faults..
Not a snowballs chance in hell of getting off on these grounds - you've been got I'm afraid.

Gastro
Old 02 October 2005, 04:15 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

What does your V5 say?
Old 02 October 2005, 04:31 PM
rooferman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by billythekid
What does your V5 say?
Have only had car for 3 weeks,purchased recently of a scoobynetter so v5 has not arrived yet...maybe i filled the form out wrong....

BOLLOX
Old 02 October 2005, 05:01 PM
Nick Read
Scooby Regular

Depends if it was actually you driving the car or if it was another car like yours with cloned number plates. If you reckon it was you, then you can challenge the accuracy of the measurement, which is far too involved to go into here. Have a look at pepipoo.com

Getting off on a typographical error is a non-starter.
Old 02 October 2005, 06:25 PM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

I've just read the Drivers Survival Handbook by Martin Thwaite

some excellent advice on what to do and what not to do in there regarding speeding and parking fines

I thoroughly recommend it
Old 02 October 2005, 06:47 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

1st class stamp or 2nd?
Old 02 October 2005, 09:48 PM
ben1413
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EVOLUTION
Before i start, i do not condone speeding in built up areas.

With out wanting to cause an argument, but its people taking exactly that attitude that is going to see the police carry on getting away with more and more money making cameras.

without knowing the facts, there have been a few speed limits changed in the last coulple of years. There has been a reduction of a speed limit down to a 20, and because its between already 2X 30 mph speed lilits, there is no notice of it. Looking at the road, you would think it was a 40 mph limit at least, no houses schools, theres only a path on one side of it. Now there are regular speed traps on it, nailing people who go just above the 30 limit. That STINKS on a major scale.

But if you were in a residential area, i would have to say take it and learn from it...

John
I know what you mean, but at the end of the day, speeding is speeding. I am no saint and in fact was banned 5 years ago for speeding.

We have all seen the advert about the young girl being run down by a speeding car - at 30mph she may have survived (80% chance I think). Like you say, if it was a built up area then that's not on and sometimes the road conditions and surroundings lead us to beleive the limit is greater than it may be.

What winds me up is the speed limit of an area being changed (30mph - 20mph) and there being no warning about it.

Rooferman - you never know, it might be worth a go trying to get off the charge on that technicality. Try an get some free legal advice perhaps.

Ben
Old 03 October 2005, 09:45 AM
T20Driver
Scooby Regular

www.peppipo.com may be able to help.

Also a long shot but depends what county you got done by as 10% + 2mph might put you in the area of 'Driver Training' which you pay for as opposed to points and a fine.
Old 03 October 2005, 11:27 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ben1413
I know what you mean, but at the end of the day, speeding is speeding. I am no saint and in fact was banned 5 years ago for speeding.

We have all seen the advert about the young girl being run down by a speeding car - at 30mph she may have survived (80% chance I think). Like you say, if it was a built up area then that's not on and sometimes the road conditions and surroundings lead us to beleive the limit is greater than it may be.

What winds me up is the speed limit of an area being changed (30mph - 20mph) and there being no warning about it.

Rooferman - you never know, it might be worth a go trying to get off the charge on that technicality. Try an get some free legal advice perhaps.

Ben
you do know 95% of statistics are made up on the spot !!

70% of Scoobie owners know that 55% of women have big right toes and 34% of keyboards click.
Old 03 October 2005, 11:29 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by T20Driver
www.peppipo.com may be able to help.

Also a long shot but depends what county you got done by as 10% + 2mph might put you in the area of 'Driver Training' which you pay for as opposed to points and a fine.
well worth a look at pepipoo. If you're up for a fight then this is the place to look.

T20 you have pm
Old 03 October 2005, 11:30 AM
Pootle
Scooby Regular

Got a ticket for doing 35mph in a 30mph in the post yesterday,but they seem to have got my name wrong on the document...well not wrong but they have got the order of names wrong........ie middle name 1st followed by maiden name,and then 1st name......will this help me get of paying fine/points etc?

Bloody hope so...
Check that the LAWs regarding the signage of the limit have been correctly implemented by the Local Council.

You'd be surprised how often the speed limits are unenforcable because they are incorrectly posted, but you have to know what the laws are in the first place and they're complicated...

I don't condone speeding, but it's always worth making sure that everyone is playing by the rules and obeying their side of the LAW.

(FYI - I regularly do an eight mile route where two 40 mph areas - about a mile of road - could be judged to be incorrectly signed, so it's always worth checking)
Old 03 October 2005, 11:32 AM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

Bloody hope so...
Has the notice been computer generated...if it has it would suggest your details are wrong on the DVLA's computer
Old 03 October 2005, 11:33 AM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Pootle]Check that the LAWs regarding the signage of the limit have been correctly implemented by the Local Council.
QUOTE]
Shouldn't be an issue for a 30mph, as you don't need repeater signs at this speed limit...reason being that 30mph is the default speed limit on any unsigned road, except where it's clearly a national.
Old 03 October 2005, 12:32 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=WRXPete]
Originally Posted by Pootle
Check that the LAWs regarding the signage of the limit have been correctly implemented by the Local Council.
QUOTE]
Shouldn't be an issue for a 30mph, as you don't need repeater signs at this speed limit...reason being that 30mph is the default speed limit on any unsigned road, except where it's clearly a national.

What???

You cant make a statement like that mate, the rule must be a little more specific than that, im certain of it..

I think you should just seek advice on this form a source that knows, and not speculates, because thats whats going on here.

Try posting here mate, there are a few useful contacts in this forum, i have been helped here on numerous occasions.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/forum.asp?h=0&f=10

You may need to register to read, not sure...

John
Old 03 October 2005, 06:02 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

There is some clause (the slip clause maybe its called) that allows for this. On my NIP my name was spelt wrong but its not a way out.

There are other ways.....Pepipoo will help and i may let on, depending on how my magistrates court hearing goes for 47 in a 40....

Dave
Old 04 October 2005, 05:12 PM
WR1 Ant
Scooby Regular

At 35 mph your speedo would have been somewhere around 38 mph so its not just an accidental slip over the limit, good luck though.
Old 05 October 2005, 08:36 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Sheer nonsense to get a NIP for that sort of speed!

Les
Old 05 October 2005, 12:33 PM
DazW
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=WRXPete]
Originally Posted by Pootle
QUOTE]
You sure Pete? ...& not the other way round i.e national speed limit unless signed otherwise or there is street lighting
Old 06 October 2005, 02:12 AM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WR1 Ant
At 35 mph your speedo would have been somewhere around 38 mph so its not just an accidental slip over the limit, good luck though.
At 30mph my speedo is spot on, though at 70 on my clocks, im doing a GPS 66mph, not that accurate, but at least its in my favour...
Old 01 November 2005, 08:35 PM
rooferman
Scooby Regular

O.k got a letter through this morning from the Fixed penalty notice clerk..

It has been decided not to continue with the above notice of intended prosecution due to an administrative records error.On this occasion no further action will be taken.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

So in future make sure everything is correct on tickets etc.This was overturned after two letters and a request for photographic evidence as i was unsure who was driving at the time

Case closed
Old 01 November 2005, 10:37 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Good news.
Old 01 November 2005, 10:49 PM
shaunywrx
Scooby Regular

O.k got a letter through this morning from the Fixed penalty notice clerk..

It has been decided not to continue with the above notice of intended prosecution due to an administrative records error.On this occasion no further action will be taken.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

So in future make sure everything is correct on tickets etc.This was overturned after two letters and a request for photographic evidence as i was unsure who was driving at the time

Case closed
Well done, i'm not condoning speeding, but it's good to see Joe public getting one over on the scam-era partnerships.
Old 10 November 2009, 06:22 PM
jimmayor007
Scooby Newbie

Have any of you guys tried that GPS program that alerts you to speed traps. looks interesting. I was thinking of trying out phantom alert. anyone with personal experience in here?

phantom alert review