Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Lanzarote Playa Blanca

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2005, 12:39 PM
petey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lanzarote Playa Blanca

Going there with other half first week of november!

anyone been to Playa Blanca know what its like?
i know it's suppose to be a more mellow place as apposed to the lively playa del carmen but thats what we wanted

any suggestons of trips/excursions?
Old 19 September 2005, 12:41 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

http://www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk/
Old 19 September 2005, 01:01 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

It's a nice place - been there twice now. PM me for links to the photos I have from there, if you want to see the place.

Trips - get the big fast ferry over to Fuertaventura (sp?) but go early or late if you want to go shopping - we went during the middle of the day and all the shops were closed for siesta! D'oh!

Also the trip to the volcano is worth a go - Fire Mountain, I think it's called.

Pubs - Popeyes by the harbour is good if you want to watch any sport. There's also a good Irish bar nearby - might remember the name soon... and by the main beach, there's another Irish bar - both have live music.

Last edited by Duck_Pond; 19 September 2005 at 01:06 PM.
Old 19 September 2005, 01:16 PM
trigbert
Scooby Regular

Went there in Feb this year for a family hol. Nice place, very mellow.

Cant tell you about the bar situation most of the late drinking was done back at the apartment, nice cheap rioja But didnt seem to be many late night disco pubs.

Most of the time in the evening we went to this nice new village/harbour half a mile away with some great restaurants ranging from pizza to a few nice places for couples. Think it was called Marina Rubicon.

Recommend the following excursions:

Timanfaya - volcanic national park
Mirador del Rio - right at the top of the island so a bit of a trek, about an hours drive.

didnt try teh ferry across to Fuerteventura from Playa Blanca though.

Only problem in Feb it was absolutely freezing. I only went in the pool once and nearly died of shock. Didnt stop my little girl going in until she nearly turned blue. So in Nov may need to go prepared
Old 19 September 2005, 02:32 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Ha ha - I was there in (early) Feb too - bloody rained half the time! And freezing at night. Forgot about Marina Rubicon - there's a decent breakfast to be had from the cafe on the harbour there

Was scorching when we went before, but that was at the end of Feb... If it rains when you go, be very wary of the pavements - they're like ice!!
Old 19 September 2005, 02:49 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

The "old town" of Del Carmen is worth a vist for a few meals and drinks - fairly quiet and laid back (unlike the main drag).

Some good dive excursions if your into that.

Timanfaya is a must if you get travel sick on coaches

Nice beach on the North coast of the island (can't remember the name). They do surfing up there too
Old 19 September 2005, 04:22 PM
trigbert
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Duck_Pond
Ha ha - I was there in (early) Feb too - bloody rained half the time! And freezing at night. Forgot about Marina Rubicon - there's a decent breakfast to be had from the cafe on the harbour there

Was scorching when we went before, but that was at the end of Feb... If it rains when you go, be very wary of the pavements - they're like ice!!
I remember now, we arrived just after that, there were still a few apartments out of action from being flooded in the previous weeks rain
Old 19 September 2005, 04:44 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

My parents have lived in Playa Blanca for the past year and love it. Very quiet compared to Tequise & Puerto Del Carmen but they like it that way. As long as you have a hire car you'll like it.