Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Advice for insurance claim needed

Search this Thread

Old 14 September 2005, 08:51 PM
ScooBStu
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice for insurance claim needed

A few months ago an apparent friend of the family reversed into my girlfriends car even though she was blasting her horn. She got out and practically admitted it and said her insurance would sort it out.

After a few weeks it turned out she reckoned she had stopped the car and my girlfriend drove into her. My girlfriends car was only 4 months old and needed a new bumper which was £350. She had to pay as her insurance company couldnt care less as it was less than the excess and forwarded her on to their legal services department.

Now the legal company have practically said she will probably not win as it will be each parties word against each other and should give in. She is also going to loose her no claims bonus.

The choices are to give in and maybe keep her no claims bonus or fight and loose it all. She is already £350 down for the bumper and gonna be another £100 down for the extra insuance. It is making my blood boil.

The thing is I am sure it is quite obvious who was at fault due to the location of the damage and the area which it happened but if we cant even convince a legal team on our side are we ever going to be able to convince a court? Seems the legal team are a waste of space - any thoughts?

Any advice?

Cheers