Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Mr B has really shown his true colours now....

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2005, 11:22 AM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr B has really shown his true colours now....

Insensitive pratt.

I just cannot believe what is happening in New Orleans. It's like some bad sci-fi story. They say real life is stranger than fiction....and Mr B just smoothes in there and then back out again to his cosy home up north. All the money spent flying him and his entourage over the disaster zone, could have been better deployed into rescue funds.
oooooh the day they get shot of that man will be a day of huge rejoycing !

There's enough space and money in the "glorious" US of A to build an entire new city for these poor souls.
Yve .........now in cool down mode.........
Old 03 September 2005, 06:03 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 03 September 2005, 07:06 PM
kammy
Scooby Regular

Dont worry its the land of equal oppourtunities.

Lol.
Old 03 September 2005, 10:51 PM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

was this just breezing in 500ft above ground in his helicopter as he darent land for security reasons-yep must be pretty bad up there in your custom equiped helicopter-Bush the man who says do as i say not as i do ! words tosser spring to mind- also thick c.u.n.t

Originally Posted by Apparition
Insensitive pratt.

I just cannot believe what is happening in New Orleans. It's like some bad sci-fi story. They say real life is stranger than fiction....and Mr B just smoothes in there and then back out again to his cosy home up north. All the money spent flying him and his entourage over the disaster zone, could have been better deployed into rescue funds.
oooooh the day they get shot of that man will be a day of huge rejoycing !

There's enough space and money in the "glorious" US of A to build an entire new city for these poor souls.
Yve .........now in cool down mode.........
Old 03 September 2005, 11:10 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Rich...that just about says it like it is !
Old 03 September 2005, 11:34 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

The man should never be allowed office in any position, ever again !

An absolute disgrace, he has let his fellow Americans down, for the last time

Rob
Old 04 September 2005, 09:14 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

His reaction to the news of the WTC disaster was very revealing when he was at that school. My impressioin is that he is totally mindless and does exactly what he is told by the people in the background who got him into power.

The unbelievebly slow reaction to the disaster in New Orleans is also revealing, it shows the strength of the importance placed on those people who are among the poorest im the USA. he does not have to worry about re-election of course but his popularity must have disappeared out of sight and his position in the world order must be severely weakened.

Les
Old 04 September 2005, 10:18 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
My impressioin is that he is totally mindless and does exactly what he is told by the people in the background who got him into power.

Les
Just like Tony Blair then.

Chip
Old 04 September 2005, 10:36 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Stuff like this is never down to one man, I think basically the yanks have just been totally taken by surprise that a disaster of this scale can happen on US soil.

If it was simply hurricane damage it wouldnt have been such a problem, but its the flooding thats really caused problems, obviously there was no plan in place for this sort of scenario. With the water so deep they basically need massive amount of helicopters to mount a swift and effective rescue operation, and theydont have that.

The whole thing is made worse by the fact that its involving people who are very poor, and evidently all too happy to engage in crime.
Old 04 September 2005, 10:38 AM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

If you think any body else could do better then you don’t realise the scale of the problem for which no country is prepared. And which country will invest billions of dollars for a people to sit around ready to respond every year for ever and ever in case a disaster of this magnitude happens?

There aren’t just vast amounts of resources sitting just outside a disaster zone waiting to be deployed on 5 minute reaction time.

If it had happened here we couldn’t even dream of fielding the response in weeks that the Americans have done in days. The sheer size of the area covered by this disaster dwarfs any readily available response units.

You only have to look to the total lack of resources for dealing with a flood in London to realise that if that happened here we are a lot worse off than the Americans. Yes we have the Thames barrier but that will not protect in every circumstance.

Difference with Bush is if he says that he will commit a 15 Billion dollars to aid then he will unlike Blair who will announce it every day yet the money doesn’t appear
Old 04 September 2005, 11:29 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Got it in one Chip. I thought it better not to wind Suresh up by mentioning it

Why did it take so long before he even appeared to notice that it had happened Adrian?

Les
Old 04 September 2005, 12:53 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Leslie may be we don’t get all the press coverage of every word said by his press spokes person? Also I get the impression he isn’t as worried about constantly spending his time on TV as Blair so it is different to what we are use to. May be he does other things than stand in front of TV camera's? We are use to a politician who spends his time spinning stories to make himself look good.

I do think the size of this disaster is so great that nobody can really appreciate it. Especially in a country as small as the UK
Old 04 September 2005, 12:58 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline

rich u r truly a nutjob mate sad but funny