Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

nokia / tom tom 5

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2005, 09:31 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nokia / tom tom 5

Have just bought a nokia 6600 with the intention off using it with tom tom 5 sat nav software, just wonder if anyone who uses a similar set up can help me out with a few questions.

1/ tom tom 5 software on disc with the speed camera locations loaded, is there a very latest version ?? or is this it ie version 5 ?? anyone help me out with a source ?? ( pm me !! )

2/ gps receiver ?? £50 about the cheapest bluetooth model I will get ?? any models should stay away from ??

3/ gps signal ?? where in the car would the gps module be sitauted for best reception ?? can these devices be hooked up to an external gps aerial ??

4/ whats on the market for holding the phone and possibly amplifying the spoken voice alerts from the phone ?? is there anything that will allow it to come thru your car stereo speakers ??

5/ having seen a tom tom go 300 sat nav systmn in operation and being very impressed with both its performance and ease off use just wonder how going this cheaper nokia phone / gps receiver / software route compares ?? is it good enough for general use ?? ability to view screen etc ??

6/ memory card ?? whats sort off size to run the full tom tom 5 along with normal phone extras ie extra ringtones , video etc is 128 enough ??

thats it !! any advice as always very much appreciatted.

cheers,
john
Old 27 August 2005, 11:09 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jono300
Have just bought a nokia 6600 with the intention off using it with tom tom 5 sat nav software, just wonder if anyone who uses a similar set up can help me out with a few questions.

1/ tom tom 5 software on disc with the speed camera locations loaded, is there a very latest version ?? or is this it ie version 5 ?? anyone help me out with a source ?? ( pm me !! )

2/ gps receiver ?? £50 about the cheapest bluetooth model I will get ?? any models should stay away from ??

3/ gps signal ?? where in the car would the gps module be sitauted for best reception ?? can these devices be hooked up to an external gps aerial ??

4/ whats on the market for holding the phone and possibly amplifying the spoken voice alerts from the phone ?? is there anything that will allow it to come thru your car stereo speakers ??

5/ having seen a tom tom go 300 sat nav systmn in operation and being very impressed with both its performance and ease off use just wonder how going this cheaper nokia phone / gps receiver / software route compares ?? is it good enough for general use ?? ability to view screen etc ??

6/ memory card ?? whats sort off size to run the full tom tom 5 along with normal phone extras ie extra ringtones , video etc is 128 enough ??

thats it !! any advice as always very much appreciatted.

cheers,
john
Now managed to get the tom tom 5 mobile software sorted out, just wonder if anyone can offer any other advice re the above ??

cheers,
john