Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Viscious Assault in Wokingham - Can you help??

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2005, 10:04 AM
drumsterphil
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Viscious Assault in Wokingham - Can you help??

Hi,

A friend of mine has just sent me this message regarding an assault that took place on her father in Wokingham last year leaving him severely brain-damaged - can you please read and if you know anything then please contact the police or Crimestoppers (I know it's a long shot, but someone knows who did this! ).

If you didn't already know my sister and I will be ITV on the Thursday 25th
August at 2300 hrs. It's called Inside Crime. It's basically appealing for
witnesses to a brutal attack on my father on the 28th August 2004.

Please do watch it and if you could please, please, please forward this on
to everyone you know as the more people who know about this and/or watch the
programme the higher the chance we catch the people or person who did this.

If you would like to know more details then please see the attached word
documents as they are most recent press releases.

Thank you for all you help and assistance in this matter.

Penny Taylor

Details of the attack (as reported in the Wokingham Times 10/08/05) -

Appeal to find thugs who left man in coma.

VICIOUS thugs who bludgeoned a Wokingham man around the head leaving him brain damaged are still at large a year after the sickening attack, The Times can exclusively reveal.

The attackers of family man Michael Taylor, from Rances Lane, who was beaten unconscious last August in London Road, have still not been traced.
A heartfelt plea for fresh information has been extended to Times readers this week after detectives investigating the assault confirmed the father-of-three will never recover from his brain injuries.

Mr Taylor was attacked as he walked along the London Road on Saturday, August 28, last year after going for a few drinks at either The Plough or The Three Frogs during the evening.

Detectives believe he was hit around the head or pushed to the ground with such force that severe brain injuries were sustained causing him to become permanently brain damaged.

Det Sgt Pete Tomlinson, who is heading the ongoing investigation into the Bank Holiday weekend attack, said: “He was found with severe head injuries and taken to hospital where he was in a coma for some months.
“He is now out of that coma but has permanent brain damage. He is unable to communicate, is fed via a tube and can’t swallow by himself.
“He is out of hospital but in a 24-hour nursing home in Camberley. He will never be the same again.”

Despite lengthy investigations including examining CCTV footage, looking at forensic evidence and questioning witnesses, the attackers have not been found.

DS Tomlinson said police desperately needed to speak to two young men who were seen walking along the London Road with a beer glass at around 11pm - the time when Mr Taylor was found by two women staying at the Hilton St Anne’s Manor hotel.

He said the men in their late teens or early 20s had never been traced but must have noticed Mr Taylor lying unconscious with a cut to his ear because it would have been “impossible” not to have seen him.

He said neighbours worried by a fracas outside their homes in London Road also heard two men shouting after being tooted by a car.

He said: “We have witnesses who say they heard shouting.
“They heard some kind of argument outside but were too frightened to look as they were scared of having their windows put in.
“They heard the names Dave and Jason being used but whether they are false names or someone involved I don’t know.”

The driver of a car who sounded his horn has also never come forward and DS Tomlinson urged the motorist to help police because he or she could hold vital information.

All that was taken from Mr Taylor during the ordeal was a new silver and black Sony Ericsson T610 phone.

“It’s an extremely sad story because it’s a double blow to Michael’s children Penny, Nichola and David because they lost their mother several years ago from a sudden brain illness.”

Thanks
Phil
Old 19 August 2005, 10:33 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I really hope they catch them.

Les
Old 19 August 2005, 12:03 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

That is quite shocking, I hope they catch the b@stards too.

This sort of thing is more common than you'd think however, I know of 2 people who have been smashed over the head in Bristol with bottles for no reason - one made a full recovery, the other has been left with speach difficulties. Was totally fine before the attack.
Old 19 August 2005, 12:08 PM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

Aweful

Hope they get the scumbags.

Matt
Old 19 August 2005, 02:14 PM
andys
Scooby Regular

Strikes me that the police have been rather slow here. I mean why do they not know which pub he was in? Surely they would have check with the landlords?