Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Crappy portable TV reception

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2005, 05:46 PM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crappy portable TV reception

I’ve got a 14” Sony Trinitron portable in my room. It’s got the normal O ring aerial on the back of it and I’ve always had a really naff picture. I’ve tried a hi gain indoor aerial booster and its useless so I looked into getting a roof mounted aerial fitted until I got a quote of 150 quid.

Today at work I got talking to a Telewest engineer and told him about my problem. He asked me if I had cable broadband internet in my room which I do. He then gave me a T piece and a coax lead and told me to unscrew the cable that goes from my cable modem to the box on my wall, plug the T piece in put the modem cable back in then plug the lead he gave me into the T and write into the RF input on my TV.

Volia!!!! Crystal clear TV, no digi box and no subscription to Telewest TV needed just whack the coax write into the back of your TV. Apparently it’s all above board too as your paying for it with your TV licence coz its just terrestrial analog TV, rather that coming via aerial it comes via a coax cable. Telewest just don’t make it known as they want you to subscribe to their digital service.

Everyone probably already knew this but I’m well chuffed I love free stuff