Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone know a forum for RC cars?

Search this Thread

Old 08 August 2005, 07:46 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know a forum for RC cars?

Preferably a UK one.

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 09 August 2005, 01:10 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Come on, someone on SN must be into RC models?

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 09 August 2005, 05:18 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

you are talking about Remote controlled cars...???

...im your man

There are quite a lot out there. it depends what you have in the way of R/C

The BEST forum that i have come accross is www.rcuniverse.com this website/forum covers all most all R/C related topics with a seperate forum for each.

Hope that is of some help.

What R/C do you have??

Darren
Old 09 August 2005, 06:01 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SC008Y_MAD
you are talking about Remote controlled cars...???

...im your man

There are quite a lot out there. it depends what you have in the way of R/C

The BEST forum that i have come accross is www.rcuniverse.com this website/forum covers all most all R/C related topics with a seperate forum for each.

Hope that is of some help.

What R/C do you have??

Darren
I dont have one at present. I had an electric Tamiya buggy (hornet) as a kid and a Nitro Kyoshi a few years back (2nd hand). Kyoshi was a track/tarmac car (very low suspension, slicks etc) and I just bought it on a whim from a mate and never really used it.

Have seen a few lads using nitro Trucks offroad near where I live and fancy getting one. Fancy a truck so I can take it offroad and has good clearance. Fancy nitro again purely for the sound.

Have a budget of £300-400. Want a ready to run truck as dont fancy building a kit. Like the HPI Savage which is around £300 I think. Not sure if the RTR kits come with any radio gear though so will have to look into that.

Any advice/tips you have would be appreciated. Although Ive had RC cars before I consider myself a complete noob. Want to read up a bit before spending my money.

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 09 August 2005, 06:08 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Hi mate, The HPI savage is a good car from what i have heard, but the Traxxas Revo is supposed to be better handeling wise.

I know that the savage you can get as an RTR with radio/servos, fuel a etc, not sure about the revo.
Go on flea bay and there are always loads of savages on there modified going for penuts.

I don't like nitro as they are such a hastle, but thats just my opinion. So i have moved onto large scale. (but thats another story)

Darren

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
I dont have one at present. I had an electric Tamiya buggy (hornet) as a kid and a Nitro Kyoshi a few years back (2nd hand). Kyoshi was a track/tarmac car (very low suspension, slicks etc) and I just bought it on a whim from a mate and never really used it.

Have seen a few lads using nitro Trucks offroad near where I live and fancy getting one. Fancy a truck so I can take it offroad and has good clearance. Fancy nitro again purely for the sound.

Have a budget of £300-400. Want a ready to run truck as dont fancy building a kit. Like the HPI Savage which is around £300 I think. Not sure if the RTR kits come with any radio gear though so will have to look into that.

Any advice/tips you have would be appreciated. Although Ive had RC cars before I consider myself a complete noob. Want to read up a bit before spending my money.

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 09 August 2005, 06:43 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SC008Y_MAD
Hi mate, The HPI savage is a good car from what i have heard, but the Traxxas Revo is supposed to be better handeling wise.

I know that the savage you can get as an RTR with radio/servos, fuel a etc, not sure about the revo.
Go on flea bay and there are always loads of savages on there modified going for penuts.

I don't like nitro as they are such a hastle, but thats just my opinion. So i have moved onto large scale. (but thats another story)

Darren
Why are they hastle? I always found electric ones a pain with loads of charging and spare batteries needed.

Large scale - are they powered by proper petrol rather than nitro mixes?

Can get the Savage RTR for £325 delivered. Just need some fuel and batteries.

Cheers,
Simon.

P.S. I like the idea of the rotostart (which the savage 25 comes with). I assume you still need a glow starter to start the engine? I assume it just removes the need for all that effort on a pullstart but you still need a heat source for the glowplug?