Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

FAO Moses: Bloke with a Harris Hawk at my work

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2005, 02:58 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool FAO Moses: Bloke with a Harris Hawk at my work

Just popped out from my work at lunchtime and there was a bloke outside main reception with a Harris Hawk.

It's quite a modern building with loads of weird metal sculpted bits on the roof, so we have quite a few pigeons here which lurk on the roof above reception. The bloke had brought his Harris Hawk to scare them away. Pretty awesome to see, he launched the hawk up onto the roof and the pigeons shot off in all directions - looked like it put the fear of god into them!

I didn't see it catch any, just the presence of the hawk in the area seemed to scare the hell out them.

Sadly I didn't have my camera with me.

How are you getting on with yours Moses?
Old 04 August 2005, 04:11 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Iwan
Just popped out from my work at lunchtime and there was a bloke outside main reception with a Harris Hawk.

It's quite a modern building with loads of weird metal sculpted bits on the roof, so we have quite a few pigeons here which lurk on the roof above reception. The bloke had brought his Harris Hawk to scare them away. Pretty awesome to see, he launched the hawk up onto the roof and the pigeons shot off in all directions - looked like it put the fear of god into them!

I didn't see it catch any, just the presence of the hawk in the area seemed to scare the hell out them.

Sadly I didn't have my camera with me.

How are you getting on with yours Moses?

lol iwan how r u my good friend long time no hear and thanks for your books bros their awesome . mate i heard some folk doing that with peregrines to scare away the rooks and crows etc

mate mind u got my luggar saker, it was a falcon and i got hounded by the falconry club coz i was a beginner i kept it for a week and loved it, but took advice and spoke to the guy who sold it to me he took it back, a very good chap and he sold it to my other mate who was experienced

me being a beginner i should have started with a hawk and not a falcon as u know u need expertise and they fly for miles and u can loose them just as easily without a telemtry system with a harris their always not too far and r more obediant

so i started my course and going for the full training after that i am either gonna get a harris or my beloved goshawk

but i think i should be clever this time and buy a harris and get some experience

what about yourself, i hope u are fine and the family, i have been reading jemima and emma fords book continuasly ,their so awesome bud thanks alot , i owe u one

where u been lately anyways

speak to u soon and thanks
Old 05 August 2005, 09:30 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Been quite busy lately mate so I don't come on here so much now. Glad things are going ok at your end.

You probably know a lot more about falcons/hawks than me now, I only did a basic 1 day course! Sounds like you made the right decision about giving your falcon back though, I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed with a Harris Hawk as they're amazing birds too.

There was an interview with Jemima Parry-Jones on radio 2 a few weeks ago, I don't know if you caught it. Quite interesting but it's not cached on the bbc 2 website any more unfortunately.

Keep us posted when you get your next bird.
Old 05 August 2005, 01:16 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Iwan
Been quite busy lately mate so I don't come on here so much now. Glad things are going ok at your end.

You probably know a lot more about falcons/hawks than me now, I only did a basic 1 day course! Sounds like you made the right decision about giving your falcon back though, I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed with a Harris Hawk as they're amazing birds too.

There was an interview with Jemima Parry-Jones on radio 2 a few weeks ago, I don't know if you caught it. Quite interesting but it's not cached on the bbc 2 website any more unfortunately.

Keep us posted when you get your next bird.

yeah bros i heard about the interview coz she moved to america now and she opened a falconry place up their and i think she was saying she has a million or something quid to put it to good use, i like it, she is awesome

thanks mate soon as i get my bird will send u some pics i wish i get trained enuff so i can handle a goshawk i luv them to bits

and u have a blessed weekend bros and thanks again