Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

any employment law experts out there ??

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2005, 03:40 PM
Rich Tee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any employment law experts out there ??

After a bit of advice.

I have been with my present company for 7 months, in a sales role.

As of the 1st September I will be taking on a new role in the company, funded out of seperate budgets. This role has been announced to the company and I have been doing some work towards it, whilst continuing my daily duties.

I have not yet had a discussion as to this role effects me, although I have been promised this will happen soon, possibly even tomorrow.

The biggest impact will be that my new role will be working on long term projects for which the company will not see any return until possibaly 2007. Obvioulsly in my current role I get monthly commission on what i sell.

I am obvioulsy going to ask for some compensation in the fact that I will be loosing out on my monthly commission for possibly the next 2 years !!!!! I am also thinking about asking to be based from home, something which the company doesn't particulary encourage.

My question is really that if we dont come to an agreement about the terms of my new role where do i stand. They have already recruited a replacement for my "old" job, even though I officially have not be "offered" the new role yet ?

Any thoughts / advice would be really welcome

Rich
Old 03 August 2005, 04:17 PM
BlkKnight
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The long and short of it is (if they want to be really nasty) is due to your short service, your position isn't protected by law (unless you take the frustration of contract route - but it's difficult to prove), and they can just dismiss you without much come back.

The correct thing for them to do - in the event of you not taking the job - would be to advise the new potential employee the job isn't available.

I would have thought that due to your changing job postions / rolls you would be intitled to a contract review - changing saleries and other items as you / they see fit.

Unless your employer is an ****, I'd imagine you'll be fine and they would have thought about your concerns already.