Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Self policing in the UK Mosques????

Search this Thread

Old 14 July 2005, 10:40 AM
DRUNKNORGY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Self policing in the UK Mosques????

As the gauntlet has finally been thrown down by Blair & Co in an attempt to regulate the radical preaching in the Mosques, is it an attainable goal, or just paying lipservice to the public concerns ?
Old 14 July 2005, 10:43 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

But people have been telling them for years that this is required.

Why does Blair need to wait until he has blood of innocent citizens on his hands to act?
Old 14 July 2005, 11:01 AM
DRUNKNORGY
Scooby Regular

Although no fan of Blair, I don't think it is fair to say that the blood is on his hands.

We hear from the spokesmen about the teachings of Islam being loving/kind/peaceful etc on one hand, and then he hear of young impressionable men being radicallised in the Mosques by the firebrand Imams, with 3000 suspects being hotlisted as possible 'martyrs' in the UK alone.

At the end of the day, it is only the muslim community who can police this, and I'm doubtful that it is going to be achieved given that the mindset of the youngsters has already been set by the teachings given already.
Old 14 July 2005, 11:07 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Bliar an Co have introduced laws that are supposed to prevent insightment of racial hatred and persecution of some religions. These laws need to be applied to the extremist (and I do only mean the extremist) muslim clerics as well as the skinheads.
Old 14 July 2005, 11:25 AM
DRUNKNORGY
Scooby Regular

I have to admit, that I almost feel uncomfortable debating this for the PC brigade jumping up and down.

It is beyond met that the young men who were born and raised here and as a result had benefitted so much more from our society that the homeland of their forefathers, then seek to destroy it.

My father was born in Calcutta, (as was 4 generations before him on both sides of his family) and came here after partition (was serving as a British soldier attached to the Indian army in Pakistan at the time), and swore allegiance to this country.

He is totally outraged that these British born kids can treat thier homeland with contempt as he has absolutely no allegiance to India whatsoever.

Last edited by DRUNKNORGY; 14 July 2005 at 11:27 AM.