Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I want a mountain bike..

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2005, 02:46 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want a mountain bike..

I'm willing to spend around £200 for starters. Can anyone recommend anywhere to buy something decent?
oh yeh, it will be primarily used on road!

Nick
Old 13 July 2005, 02:50 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Don't buy a mountain bike then, buy a hybrid instead...

If you must buy a mountain bike then get road tyres ... huge difference in rolling resistance.....
Old 13 July 2005, 02:52 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

aint gonna get much for 200 quid. try and get a cheap second hand Kona. much better than some of the crap out there.

cheers

sinky
Old 13 July 2005, 03:11 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

T'is true - £200 wont get you a lot but £400 will - at least it did in my case. I got a £250 Saracen to start me off which having done thousands of on/off road miles is still going strong - so much so my best friend is taking it to get him started.
Go to a local shop is my suggestion - discuss the kind of riding you're going to do and what they can stock for you thats best for your budget...
I was doing 60miles a week on my Saracen never had a problem...

Oh and BTW I came off my new Claud Butler at a shade under 20mph on Monday. Big thanks to the NHS who have strapped me up... Nothing broken though! Hurrah! Fantastic graze / cut scars and very odd sized shoulders at present... Thinking of doing Notradam tours until the swelling goes down...
Buy a helmet!!
P