Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Buchanan Clark & Wells and NTL

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2005, 01:02 PM
zilch
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Buchanan Clark & Wells and NTL

Right, does anyone who have had NTL services and cancelled, have to put up with demands for payments from BC+W for services they do not owe them and with BCW threatening court action.

Paid for a service up to the end of March for our house inthe UK, was ripped out in the middle of the month, and after talking to NTL twice to confirm the account is clear, BCW are now demanding 11.40 for services that i have not received, i reckon they owe me about 26 quid for services not provided for the whole month (NTL Home subscription) + (me having to phone from OZ at least 4/5 times nearer to 50 of her Majesty's pounds).

Twice NTL have confirmed it was clear, yet neither they or Buchanan cannot get their crap together.

The last thing we need is the address being blacklisted as we are trying to rent it, and tenants being hindered by so inept work on both of the parties concerned.

If anyone has any other information on either NTL or Buchanan and similar situation it would be good to know, might start up an anti site.

Cheers

Jim
Old 13 July 2005, 01:24 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's not very helpful!!!! It's not like you can go down to their offices is it! I've never used them and was considering getting NTL because it's them in our area but I'm not sure it's worth the bother reading that.
Old 13 July 2005, 01:53 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

If I were you I'd just pay the 11.40, I know there is a principle but it aint worth the hassle IMO. NTL are useless.
Old 13 July 2005, 02:16 PM
little miss fire
Scooby Regular

We've had dealings with BCW with Vodafone. The bill that Vodafone were trying to charge us was not right. We told BCW this, several times, both verbally and in writing and they gave up and passed the debt back to Vodafone saying it wasn't a collectable debt. So keep on at them, they will go away if there is no chance of them collecting it (as in NTL have agreed no debt is due). Keep telling them this, and they will finally get the message. We ended up writing to the operations director at BCW!

If you want any further info, let me know,

lmf
Old 14 July 2005, 08:59 AM
zilch
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by little miss fire
We've had dealings with BCW with Vodafone. The bill that Vodafone were trying to charge us was not right. We told BCW this, several times, both verbally and in writing and they gave up and passed the debt back to Vodafone saying it wasn't a collectable debt. So keep on at them, they will go away if there is no chance of them collecting it (as in NTL have agreed no debt is due). Keep telling them this, and they will finally get the message. We ended up writing to the operations director at BCW!

If you want any further info, let me know,

lmf
Could you drop me a private mail with the operations directors address so i can send them a volley ??

Many thanks

Jim
Old 14 July 2005, 09:16 AM
little miss fire
Scooby Regular

zilch

YHPM

lmf
Old 14 July 2005, 09:58 PM
matchmaker
Scooby Regular

BCW threatened me over debts I didn't owe to Vodafone. They refused to give me details of the debt and continued to send me letters at the wrong address - that of my terminally ill mother.

So I took THEM to court - a small claims action for damages. That concentrated their collective minds!

We reached an out of court settlement which included a written apology from them.

They are just, IMHO, bullies.