how was your weekend

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2005, 10:44 AM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how was your weekend

i was aff yesterday, couldnt really enjoy it, how could u when so many people were without their families this weekend and lost them in the horror of thursday.

when u laugh with your family or kid, u feel guilty afterwards, it could have been us all, our kids or wife or parents r ourselves, may God give patience to their families and bless the ones that we lost

amen
Old 10 July 2005, 11:21 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

get a grip....do you feel bad every second of the day...because someone somewhere dies. or are you feeling bad because of how they die? if so go wander round a cancer ward.

my weekend was great.....if i'd been involved im sure it would have been ****ty.
Old 10 July 2005, 11:30 AM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

FFS Moses, are you sure you're not Catholic?
Old 10 July 2005, 01:03 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Jap2Scrap
FFS Moses, are you sure you're not Catholic?

why a catholic what do they do

tiggs yeah u do feel bad about the world when u watch the news

when it happens in your own backyard a bomb and people die it is hurting, i always look forward to finishing work and then seeing my lil kid, i bet their were many parents who died who had the same feeling

and yesterday more than any other day in my day aff when watching my lil girl doing silly stuff and u laugh and have a good time then u feel guilty coz those people who got killed cant do the same

and i dont understand the catholic part ?? what do u mean jap
Old 10 July 2005, 02:28 PM
slut4scooby
Scooby Newbie

i understand how you feel but as it has been said many times all over the place , we need to carry on pick ourselves up and british stiff upper lip to it all,,,it is sad and i am sorry for those injured ,lost and dead but if we mourned the deaths of every person we heard had died on the news where would we be??? god bless them all and time to move on and concentrate on the b*st*rds who did this. and how we can bring them to some sort of justice, if that can happen .
Old 10 July 2005, 03:24 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

My weekend was absolutely forking fantastic... Thoroughly enjoyed every minute thanks... Nursing a mild vodka-redbull hangover this afternoon but nothing 4 litres of spring water wont fluch out of me...
People die every day and if I got miserable and felt guilty over the death of every single human I didnt know I'd have a right sodding miserable life...
Dear oh dear...
Old 10 July 2005, 05:25 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

So far, my weekend has been really good.

Yes, I understand what you're saying Moses, but at the same time, as others have said, you can't live your life feeling guilty for others' misfortune.
Turn it on the flipside - take advantage of the fact that is wasn't you, and live your life to the fullest. Otherwise, what are you doing on this planet!!!

In the meantime, now it's cooled off slightly, I'm off to walk the dog in the English countryside, enjoying every minute of it

Dan
Old 10 July 2005, 05:45 PM
C 8HEP
Scooby Regular

hot and sweaty! all good! off next week too!
Old 10 July 2005, 06:00 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Catholicism is all about guilt moses.
Old 10 July 2005, 06:13 PM
Jaydee5
Scooby Regular

My weekend has been very nice...spent a lot of it with family and friends. I can be horrified by events but I never feel quilty if I enjoy happiness.

Like most people, I've had my own moments of tragedy at times in my life. I wouldn't expect everyone else's world to stop because of it.

I treasure all the times of gladness and joy in my life....helps to keep me sane when the bad stuff comes along.

Nothing is permanent.

<and i was really wazzled on Saturday night>!!
Old 10 July 2005, 06:48 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Jap2Scrap
Catholicism is all about guilt moses.
lets not make this sectarian shall we

i understand scooby what u are saying

but when u look at your family and kid the last few days and thinking **** it could have been them on hols their and something happened, i would never seen them again , it would kill me, how many mums and daughters , brothers and fathers passed away

its a sad world and its not fearful for us, but our kids , world is going down the drain and to see our kids will grow up in it, it ***** up your mind

may God protect the lil ones and the good people
Old 10 July 2005, 06:51 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

I took 1700 frinday night 1500 saturday night and hopefully 800 today so not bad not good.
Old 10 July 2005, 07:39 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Talking

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
I took 1700 frinday night 1500 saturday night and hopefully 800 today so not bad not good.

lol if u put it that way feckin excellent
u own a restaurant or a takeaway mate , nice sales

i wont complain
Old 10 July 2005, 10:46 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Moses, be grateful you CAN look at your family on a daily basis. One day, they will grow up and leave home and possibly, as in my case, move the the far end of the country. Talking on the phone almost every day doesn't quite cut it. When something like Thursday happens, I feel the distance more acutely. Life is so very short. Make the most of every single moment.
Yve
Old 10 July 2005, 10:50 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

BTW , My weekend was pretty marvellous. I drove for miles to spend a few brief hours with my son, daghter-in-law and grandson. Then today me and t'other half explored a local castle and saw an extremely rare butterfly , a white marble?, and a gentian flower which is almost extinct. Makes life fall into some sort of order.
Yve
Old 10 July 2005, 10:56 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

My God Moses!!!
If I thought for a second along the lines that you state in your reply to me, I would never let my family out of the house!!!!

Personally, I'm a little bit more, philosophical (for want of a better word) - I've had all sort of bad stuff happen to me and my family, so I enjoy every second possible.

The old phrase "Life's too short" is a very poignant one.......

Dan
Old 10 July 2005, 10:57 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

mine was'nt bad went over to newcastle with the girlfriend for sat night, her last night in here student flat, night on the town, was a laugh despite it being full idiots, more so than usual! very busy even by newcastle standards and crackin weather what more could you ask for?
Old 10 July 2005, 11:04 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Originally Posted by FASTER MIKE!!
mine was'nt bad went over to newcastle with the girlfriend for sat night, her last night in here student flat, night on the town, was a laugh despite it being full idiots, more so than usual! very busy even by newcastle standards and crackin weather what more could you ask for?
Nice one Mike

Off work yesterday, went to see Kings of Leon and had a "few" beers down the Pitcher and Piano on the quayside afterwards.

On nightshift now after nursing the worlds worst hangover all day

Last edited by richiewong; 11 July 2005 at 01:36 AM.
Old 10 July 2005, 11:18 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Apparition
BTW , My weekend was pretty marvellous. I drove for miles to spend a few brief hours with my son, daghter-in-law and grandson. Then today me and t'other half explored a local castle and saw an extremely rare butterfly , a white marble?, and a gentian flower which is almost extinct. Makes life fall into some sort of order.
Yve

mate thanks for your other post and nice one mate i cant believe it i didnt know u were a grandfather always thought u were the same age as me 29 or something

lol @ scoobydoo haha my home aint guatanamo bay for my family u know

nice one mate your a paitent man maye God make us all patient

richie , kings of leon is it a movie

faster mike aint been to geordieland since my cousins moved here, their geordies but luv scotland the home of the brave

my countries flag flies high even in palestine

Old 10 July 2005, 11:24 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

alright richie never made it down to the quayside, was in the loft wandered through the big market to sam jacks had a swift one in the over to the gate had a couple in there with the intention of going to blue bambu, but was que was half way down the road so we ended up in @home till kickin out time, fookin expensive in there
Old 10 July 2005, 11:25 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Talking

Originally Posted by FASTER MIKE!!
alright richie never made it down to the quayside, was in the loft wandered through the big market to sam jacks had a swift one in the over to the gate had a couple in there with the intention of going to blue bambu, but was que was half way down the road so we ended up in @home till kickin out time, fookin expensive in there

man u on speed
Old 10 July 2005, 11:25 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Tip Top
Old 10 July 2005, 11:30 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

nah just like a drink, did'nt even go out till 9 either was quite trollied too
Old 11 July 2005, 01:39 AM
richiewong
Twatful

Originally Posted by moses
richie , kings of leon is it a movie

http://www.kingsofleon.com/kolflash.html

Mike, I'm far too old for the Bigg Market and especially Blu Bambu!!!!!

Was going to go to World Headquarters near Bar 55 but could hardly stand up at that point

Last edited by richiewong; 11 July 2005 at 01:41 AM.
Old 11 July 2005, 08:03 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Don't quite understand what you mean about guilt when it comes to religion and in particular Catholicism J2S. Maybe you can explain that.

Most religions teach their followers to live good lives and to think about others who may not be as fortunate as they are. I really don't see anything wrong with that!

Like Moses I feel very sorry for all those people who suffered in the London bombings and also for the people in Iraq who suffer atrocities just as bad as that every day!, and also for people in countries where they keep getting dreadfully injured by land mines etc., or have their lives ruined by dictators. I dont feel ashamed of those feelings and would expect any normal person to feel the same way.

If like Tiggs you want to go through life selfishly with no concern for anyone else and thinking only for yourself, thats up to you. I think it is unfair to criticise Moses for his outlook on life though.

I liked Apparition's description of her weekend and her way of thinking. Thats a good example of how to appreciate life in general.

Les
Old 11 July 2005, 08:46 AM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Absolution, confession and prayer in Catholocism is based on the guilt of the original sin. In simple terms, in the Catholic faith the desire to live a life of which God approves stems from the guilt felt that man committed the original sin. Our whole lives are spent in guilt, making up for that sin.

Type Catholocism and Guilt into Google and see what you get.
Old 11 July 2005, 01:56 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Well it looks to me that the Catholic religion accepts the fact that people just don't go through life without doing something wrong and gives the chance to make up for that by being able to confess the sin and getting absolution for genuine regret at having done it. Sounds fair enough!

Doesn't baptism absolve one from the original sin that you quote? Surely in that case you don't have to worry about that one any more.

Les
Old 11 July 2005, 02:46 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Well it looks to me that the Catholic religion accepts the fact that people just don't go through life without doing something wrong and gives the chance to make up for that by being able to confess the sin and getting absolution for genuine regret at having done it. Sounds fair enough!

Doesn't baptism absolve one from the original sin that you quote? Surely in that case you don't have to worry about that one any more.

Les
Well, if you want to get into a full-on religious debate about it I'm afraid you've picked the wrong guy Leslie My knowledge is limited at best and probably completely lop-sided. However, in the spirit of my original post whereby I was conjecting on Moses feeling guilt for something he had no control over, I think my throwaway comment was a valid and substantiated leg-pull

We all know Moses is NO Roman Catholic
Old 11 July 2005, 04:52 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Les,
THANK YOU X
Yve
Old 11 July 2005, 04:55 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular