Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Woolies GPS Camera detector for £79! looks cak and pretty basic but does the job...

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2005, 07:31 PM
papascooby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Woolies GPS Camera detector for £79! looks cak and pretty basic but does the job...

http://www.gpsinforad.co.uk/

http://www.woolworths.co.uk/wwstore/...oduct=50432996

anyone tried one?
Old 09 June 2005, 07:34 PM
scoobyjimbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought the wife one for her audi and i tried it a few times, its very basic and only picks up static GATSO cameras, but to be honest for that money it is a bargain, it only has audible and flashing lights - no fancy LCD display but it is fine and worked a treat, plus you get 12 months updated for free and then it is only 29 quid for another year.. cant go wrong IMHO
Very soon this is the only sort of device that will be legal so its worth anyones money IMHO
J
Old 09 June 2005, 07:45 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Be so good if it was updateable with known mobile sites too. I'd happily have 'false alarms' if the mobile site isn't in position and I'd slowed to the limit regardless. Despite that it's good value for money.
Old 09 June 2005, 08:15 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

But isnt the biggest danger from mobile sites.After a while you get to know where all the fixed ones are.
Old 09 June 2005, 08:20 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulr
But isnt the biggest danger from mobile sites.After a while you get to know where all the fixed ones are.
Yeah, I agree 100%, especially nowadays when they don't even bother to have warning signs (this is certainly true of the A34 in Hampshire). I guess they rely on the majority not being fully aware of the laws regarding this and paying up anyway.

I still say that as a basic tool the Woollies job is VFM but I'd rather spend more on one that does everything myself.
Old 09 June 2005, 10:53 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

it cant be to hard for them to add mobile sites as well tho?
Old 09 June 2005, 10:55 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

hold on a minuite

What do I do if I encounter an unknown risk area?

If you come across an unlisted risk area when travelling, use the "Insert" key on the top of your INFORAD. It will then record the exact location of this new point.
When you next make an update, the software will ask you to define this point. You can choose one of 3 descriptions:

Personal point
Unlisted risk area
Location of a mobile speed trap
The last two categories will be uploaded automatically during the update process, ready for checking and authenticating by our teams and adding to the INFORAD Central Database as appropriate.
Thanks to your contributions, this new information can then be shared by all the other users and make INFORAD even more efficient.

Trending Topics

Old 09 June 2005, 10:59 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
hold on a minuite... etc....
Well spotted that man!

If that's the case I'm seriously impressed with that price!
Old 09 June 2005, 11:02 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

more

My INFORAD
The processing power of the Inforad microprocessor enables the owner to record additional information on the unit.

If you encounter a new speed camera, simply hold down the right hand function key and the location of the camera will be recorded on your Inforad. The next time you pass this location the unit will beep twice and flash the orange LED.

If you encounter road works or a variable speed zone your Inforad can be set to warn you if you exceed a given speed. You can activate this function by holding down the two central buttons for 2 seconds at any given speed. If you then exceed this speed Inforad will bleep and flash to warn you to reduce your speed. To cancel the feature hold down the two buttons for 2 seconds.

Use the same key to record areas where you may wish to be given advance warning of a potential speed area such as:

Well known mobile speed camera locations
Low speed areas such as schools
Accident black spots

Screen shot
When you next plug your Inforad into your PC you can then allocate a reference icon against the location and a speed limit. This information is then uploaded automatically to the central Inforad database, although you have the option restricting certain personal user defined points from being uploaded.

Our mobile engineers will then validate any new camera locations and release them to the general database for other customers to download.
Old 09 June 2005, 11:05 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

but....

Does INFORAD warn about places where the police forces use mobile laser detectors and mobile radar systems?

No, because most of these places are not often actually in use, and they often change. The result would be to give out alerts far too frequently, and generally to no purpose. However, with INFORAD you can programme as many personal positions as you like. This means you can build your own database of potential speed trap areas.
Old 09 June 2005, 11:12 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

No, shame, that's still pretty good isn't it. I guess you'll only be warned the second time you come across them though