Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

stag do

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 2005, 04:35 PM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stag do

ive been asked by a mate of mine to organise his stag do...anyone had any experiences with the various companies that organise them for you...?

thanks for any help, bri...
Old 03 June 2005, 04:37 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Talking

anyone had any experiences with the various companies that organise them for you...?
Organise it yourself ya lazy get
Old 03 June 2005, 04:40 PM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

Karting's always good IMO
Old 03 June 2005, 04:52 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Having organised a few stag dos, here is my experience:

9 guys to Amsterdam - Organised it myself, booking flights and hotels seperately. Note, if you pick a weekend, don't pick the busiest bank holiday in Holland and expect a hotel with a weeks notice!! Worse part was getting guys to decide on a date they were free!

6 guys to a local town - Crap, he wanted a last minute stag do on a Sunday as his best man let him down. Organised in less than 2 days and it was disappointing (he throw up after the first pub )

8 guys to a local town - Crap, his best man was rubbish, so I organised a drinking session, problem is that his mates were 18 years old, but looked 12 and none of them brought ID! Stag throw up after the last pub, and spent the rest of the evening over the toilet bowl in an Indian restaurant.

14 guys to London - Not bad despite the best man being in the States and couldn't come over as he was getting his green card! Got everyones email address and I arranged curry, beers, strippers, go-karting and a comedy night over two nights. Good turn out, and surprisingly well organised.

9 guys to Brighton - Used a company called Chillisauce, but you have to do all the leg work to get numbers and dates. Managed to get powerboating, lap dancing, nightclub and hotel accomodation with food. Once you have numbers and dates, all you have to do is get everyone to call up with credit card details. They even accomdated for people who only be there for one, two or all three nights, with a price breakdown for each. Highly recommended.

Despite organising all of these, I've only been a best man twice!!

Shame mine wasn't as good as the Chillisauce one, then again I had 3 stag dos (Amsterdam, London and local) as well as work trip to Amsterdam in the space of a month!!
Old 03 June 2005, 05:00 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Andy Tang
8 guys to a local town - Crap, his best man was rubbish, so I organised a drinking session, problem is that his mates were 18 years old, but looked 12 and none of them brought ID! Stag throw up after the last pub, and spent the rest of the evening over the toilet bowl in an Indian restaurant.
I thought Alex could hold his ale!

Andy, time for some drinkies soon I think
Old 03 June 2005, 05:31 PM
Cyberevo
Scooby Regular

Had mine in Madrid, it was awesome, 14 lads, 7 from darn sarth and 7 from up north, and a fair few of them didn't know wach other, so you can imagine the north/south banter.

Stayed in a top hotel with excellent bars and a couple of really good clubs. Much better than Barca, cops and bouncers beat us up there on a stag do.
Old 03 June 2005, 06:02 PM
wilf
Scooby Regular

Try this

http://playawayweekends.co.uk/

They're v good

Trending Topics

Old 03 June 2005, 11:28 PM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

I've just finsihed organising my mates do for end of June (got most sorted in Jan) and wouldn't go near any of the tour operators who arrange them for you, it's a bit too 18-30 for me! It's not hard to oragnise it with all the online travel companies and it will save you a few bob

www.expedia.co.uk is good for flights and hotels, also www.ebookers.co.uk or try the cheap flight places. You could always get ideas from the stag do companies and follow their lead

Last edited by 2000TLondon; 03 June 2005 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03 June 2005, 11:47 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
I thought Alex could hold his ale!

Andy, time for some drinkies soon I think
Who else do you know, who is on Scoobynet, who might have friends who look 12 as he is quite young himself???
Old 07 June 2005, 02:27 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

HAve you had any ideas yet?