Richard_P
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default al-Zarqawi' could be dying

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...626623,00.html

May 25, 2005

'Pray for wounded al-Zarqawi'
From Richard Beeston in Baghdad

THE terrorist mastermind Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, wanted for some of the most devastating attacks in Iraq, is injured and may be dying, according to a message posted yesterday on an Islamic website sympathetic to his cause.

“O nation of Islam . . . Pray for the recovery of our Sheikh Abu Musab al-Zarqawi from a wound he sustained for the sake of God,” the al-Qaeda Organisation for Holy War in Iraq said. The claim could not be verified, and some suspected that it was a ruse, but it was the lead story on every Arab satellite news channel last night, where it was implied that the man responsible for hundreds of deaths may himself not have much longer to live.

“You are the beloved of the Mujahidin, and may God heal you and make you steadfast,” the statement said.

Reports late last month, posted by his group at two mosques in Iraq, said that al-Zarqawi had been treated at a hospital in Ramadi, the capital of the restive Anbar province, on April 28. The hospital was raided by US forces, according to the statement, which said that they had missed Iraq’s most-wanted man, who has a $25 million (£14 million) American bounty on his head, the same reward for the killing or capture of Osama bin Laden.

Another unconfirmed report said that he had been wounded in fighting near Qaim, a town close to the border with Syria and the scene of heavy clashes between US Marines and insurgents this month.

A third clue was provided by the capture of al-Zarqawi’s laptop computer by US troops in February. They narrowly missed arresting him at a checkpoint. The information contained on the computer included his medical details, suggesting that he may be ill.

Because he is such a legendary figure, it has never been clear what impact his death or removal from the insurgency in Iraq would have. His group, which has been renamed al-Qaeda in Mesopotamia, has been responsible for some of the most horrific attacks in postwar Iraq.

It carried out the suicide bombing of the UN headquarters in Baghdad, the beheading of Western citizens, the series of assassinations of senior Iraqi officials and the murder of scores of Shia Muslims with the intention of provoking sectarian conflict.

The Americans, who have teams of special forces troops hunting the fugitive Jordanian, treated yesterday’s announcement with caution. Lieutenant-Colonel Steve Boylan, the US military spokesman in Baghdad, said that the announcement could be ploy. “He is still our No 1 target to be captured or killed and, until that happens, the hunt is on.”

All sides in the conflict accept that the insurgency is driven by disaffected members of the Sunni community, including former officials of the ousted Baathist regime, as well as Islamic militants.

Hopefully that's this loser bought a ticket then.
Old 25 May 2005, 06:54 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

lets hope its a very slow and extremley painfull death then

oh and any treatment used has been dipped in pig ****!!!

M
Old 25 May 2005, 07:22 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

yep i hope suffers as much as his victums did, he is one evil man
Old 25 May 2005, 09:00 PM
DEEDEE
Scooby Regular

Hope he sufferes the most pain that can be suffered, and hope its prolonged
Old 25 May 2005, 09:38 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

Because he is such a legendary figure, it has never been clear what impact his death or removal from the insurgency in Iraq would have.
Legendary being the key word alright. The Yanks have built him up like they built up Osama. Two nobodies inflated into master criminals and the root of all evil by the Americans. The reality is that it's the ordinary Joes in Iraq who are shooting at coalition troops and not because Zarqawi or Osama are pushing any buttons. There's no real evidence that Zarqawi is even in Iraq.
Old 26 May 2005, 07:52 AM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

What i would give to have 1hr in the same room as that ****
Old 26 May 2005, 08:18 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Thumbs down

Hope the dustbin men are on strike so he can't be buried.

Trending Topics

Old 26 May 2005, 08:24 AM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

I love to pull his teeth,finger and toe nails out with pliers then pour rock salt on the wounds..then give them a workin with a 3lb lump hammer..Then shove a plastic pipe up his ****,insert razor wire then pull out the pipe..

Dying???He wish he had if i got hold of him..

Unless it all American bull****...if so,i wouldnt do the above

Just shoot him thro the head like the scabby dog that he is....
Old 26 May 2005, 08:45 AM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Well if we are starting the torture............cut his eye lids off so he cant blink, stick pins in his eyes, nail his ***** to a desk then pull him away slowly, he needs to pay and pay he will.
Old 26 May 2005, 11:54 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

If the reports are true its no less than he deserves. I imagine however that as a fundamentalist he will have no fear of death. At least it would stop his terrible career to date.

Little point in descending to his level though.

Les
Old 26 May 2005, 11:55 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

al-Zarqawi' could be dying
My heart bleeds...
Old 26 May 2005, 11:58 AM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

You are joking arent you? he deserves to suffer, he has no rights as a human being, i would like to have a go to try and make him beg to die.
Hes scum and anyone who thinks otherwise needs there head read.
Old 26 May 2005, 12:22 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaolin
You are joking arent you? he deserves to suffer, he has no rights as a human being, i would like to have a go to try and make him beg to die.
Hes scum and anyone who thinks otherwise needs there head read.
Look up sarcasm in a dictionary some time

Sadly however, I am struggling to see little difference between you and him, other than you only wish you could commit the attrocities he has.
Old 26 May 2005, 12:52 PM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Ollyk - I was on about Leslie.
The difference between him and i is that i havent killed loads of innocent people, for what hes done he deserves to suffer, eye for an eye and all that.
Also while we are here, you have read a message ive left and have judged me!!! you dont know me, or my beliefs.
Old 26 May 2005, 02:46 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Ollyk - I was on about Leslie.
The difference between him and i is that i havent killed loads of innocent people, for what hes done he deserves to suffer, eye for an eye and all that.
Also while we are here, you have read a message ive left and have judged me!!! you dont know me, or my beliefs.
And on this at least, I agree with Leslie's sentiments.

I am not judging, nor in a position to judge, merely commenting that your "beliefs" as expressed in this thread make you little better than him IMO.

If he dies, I shan't shed a tear, but nor do I see the need for us to descend to his level, we may do better to show a little humanity and compasion where they are unable and set an example of how the world may be made a better place. That does not however mean I would see him go unpunished if caught, tried and found guilty, just punished within the bounds of what is considered reasonable to the "civilised" world.

It is all rather moot anyway, you will not get your wish, nor I doubt, would you have the stomach to perform the acts if the opportunity arose.
Old 26 May 2005, 03:09 PM
bigJoe
Scooby Regular

good riddance (hopefully) - if it's true
Old 26 May 2005, 03:33 PM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Olly mate, im pretty sure if i could get my hands on him i could do anything, like i said, an eye for an eye, he hasnt shown compassion, he doesnt know "civilised".
Im not being funny but you sound like one of these people that would give him another chance, people like this dont deserve another chance.
Old 26 May 2005, 04:09 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Olly mate, im pretty sure if i could get my hands on him i could do anything, like i said, an eye for an eye, he hasnt shown compassion, he doesnt know "civilised".

Im not being funny but you sound like one of these people that would give him another chance, people like this dont deserve another chance.
Maybe you should let the red mist clear so you can actually see what people have typed:

Originally Posted by by OllyK in the previous post
That does not however mean I would see him go unpunished if caught, tried and found guilty, just punished within the bounds of what is considered reasonable to the "civilised" world.
I don't see the need to try and prove you can be as much of a barbarian as him. Eye for Eye the same dumb book also say "turn the other cheek". I'm not suggesting that either.
Old 26 May 2005, 07:55 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

olly as usual cool as ever

shaolin u aint half the man or even quarter what olly is bud, u talking about u do this and that, well people like olly and ozzy are the real tough guys only if u knew who they were , the bravemen of this country who talk with their actions not just lip service

yes i hope he dies, he is an evil ******* zarqawi far worse than osama would ever be, this man will kill not just soldiers but innocent civilians, he wont even spare the innocent bystanders like iraqis or even other arab workmen or journalists

guys a psycho, killing innocent iraqi children for him its a piece of cake, he dont feel no pain for the lil ones or innocents, maybe if they were his kids, he wouldnt talk like he does,he is a c;unt always will be, i hope someone slaughters his family, as he has done to other innocent iraqi families

and the same goes for americans who killed innocents too they deserve to die like pigs same as zarqawi does

he aint a defender of iraq or muslims , far from it
Old 26 May 2005, 08:08 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
If the reports are true its no less than he deserves. I imagine however that as a fundamentalist he will have no fear of death. At least it would stop his terrible career to date.

Little point in descending to his level though.

Les
its amazing how a little persuasion can change ones ideas......

a few build them up and batter them down routines would work wonders,,,

like wise he may not fear death, but he would ceartainly fear pain from crushed nuts etc!!

Mart
Old 26 May 2005, 08:15 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by OllyK
And on this at least, I agree with Leslie's sentiments.

I am not judging, nor in a position to judge, merely commenting that your "beliefs" as expressed in this thread make you little better than him IMO.

If he dies, I shan't shed a tear, but nor do I see the need for us to descend to his level, we may do better to show a little humanity and compasion where they are unable and set an example of how the world may be made a better place. That does not however mean I would see him go unpunished if caught, tried and found guilty, just punished within the bounds of what is considered reasonable to the "civilised" world.

It is all rather moot anyway, you will not get your wish, nor I doubt, would you have the stomach to perform the acts if the opportunity arose.
Try me....

if this guy was responsible for the death of one of my family, wife / child etc.

his suffering would make mine look like f*ck all,

what is it with bleedin liberals who spout the "it brings you down to there level crap"

So what,!! it may bring you down to there level, but it would go a long way to resolving the pain , anguish and hurt that you feel because of what that ****** had done to one of your loved ones"..

why do you think we have an explosion of youth crime at the moment, there is no value to life at the moment. you get stabbed or shot for standing on somones toe, or spilling there pint....

al zalhal whatever killed people for his own beliefs,, if people rightly want to repay what he has done with there own brand of justice, let them do it..

M
Old 27 May 2005, 08:19 AM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Mart360

At last, someone who is talking sense, the problem with this world in just about every form of crime is that the punishment is a joke therfore people will do anything knowing that some do gooders will say ahhhhh poor lad, give him another chance, no.........you *uck up, you pay.
If people knew this they would think more than twice about commiting the crimes.
All this religion crap is just an excuse, people always blame it on religion, am i right in saying that in most religions it is classed as a sin to take yours or anybody elses life and that you have no right to do that?
Most of this has nothing to do with religion, most of these people are just nutters or in it for the money, for the wealth of their countries etc, religion has been used as an excuse for hundreds of years.
Old 27 May 2005, 08:53 AM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Moses, thats quite clever that you can decide on how much of a man i am by reading my post, you dont know me yet you have come to that conclusion from a couple of sentences.
So what does Olly etc do then? as you say talk with their actions?
What do you think i do? or have you asumed that already to ?
To many people post without knowing the full stories on these people and just on what they have read in the last newspaper.
Old 27 May 2005, 08:59 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Mart360

At last, someone who is talking sense, the problem with this world in just about every form of crime is that the punishment is a joke therfore people will do anything knowing that some do gooders will say ahhhhh poor lad, give him another chance, no.........you *uck up, you pay.
If people knew this they would think more than twice about commiting the crimes.
Thankfully I don't see vigilantism and anarchy taking over any time soon, in this country at least. I do agree that sentencing needs to be more significant but I don't for a moment think the re-introduction of Hanging drawing and quartering is the solution either.

All this religion crap is just an excuse, people always blame it on religion, am i right in saying that in most religions it is classed as a sin to take yours or anybody elses life and that you have no right to do that?
Not really - it's a general rule but it has caveats. IIRC the Muslims are allowed to kill to defend their faith hence all this jihad business. As for the Christians - Oh wow, have a read up on the Spanish Inquistion.

Most of this has nothing to do with religion, most of these people are just nutters or in it for the money, for the wealth of their countries etc, religion has been used as an excuse for hundreds of years.
Sure the fundementalists of any religion are a major problem, but religion itself just puts yet another barrier between groups of people, we seem to be able to generate enough bigotry over skin colour which people can't change without having a pop based on which supernatural being you follow or worse still with the Jews / Muslims / Christians who are arguing about how to worship the same damn god.
Old 27 May 2005, 09:51 AM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Olly thats what ive been trying to say, alot of this has been blamed on religion, the truth being that there is normally something else like just plain revenge, money , greed etc
Most religions all basically say the same thing in that the bible etc is like a guide, an instruction booklet for right and wrong, whether you follow it or not is up to you. Nine times out of ten as ive said religion is used as an excuse.
Im not religeous at all, infact i dont even believe in any god so "im not some im lead by blind faith" loon.
Face it, you die thats it, your in the ground in a box or burnt, thats my opinion anyway.
Old 27 May 2005, 01:00 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Most religions advocate that their followers live a good life and help others. I think also that many different religions are becoming more tolerant of others and accept that there are more ways than one to worship God. Not all though of course!

Yes they may advocate the maximum defence to be used in defence of the religion, but isn't that the same when it comes to defending your own country, or even your own life?

If people genuinely believe in a religion and God of course, then that is their own affair and they should be permitted to follow their own consciences.

The so called fundamentalists are mostly those who are after power or wealth for themselves and are prepared to misuse people's religious beliefs to get them to do seriously bad things such as suicide bombing and other kinds of mass murder etc.

When it comes to people like Al Zarqawi, I am a believer that murderers or violent people should be made to suffer the same fate as their victims. If he was convicted and sentenced then I don't see why he should not be executed in the same way that he murdered the hostages, in such a way that he can see it coming!

I meant by my previous post that it would not help to torture him as well in the ways that were suggested. That would debase those carrying it out who should remain above that sort of behaviour.

Les
Old 27 May 2005, 02:21 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

The best thing to happen to all the despots, "terrorists" and fundamentalists in the world is to be captured and put on trial for their crimes, preferably in a balanced way so that neither side can bias the proceedings.

The world and their followers would then be able to see that these are just evil men, not inspirational leaders. Killing them makes them a martyr and you have 100 more willing to take their place.
Old 27 May 2005, 04:47 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

So when is Bush going to be put on trial?
Old 27 May 2005, 04:52 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gsm1
So when is Bush going to be put on trial?
And Tony Blair

It amazes me how easily people seem to accept one side of the story, I have no doubt there are people in Iraq supporting this guy we consider a nut and are cheering him on as a "freedom fighter" to rid Iraq of the infidel US and British forces.

I still don't approve of his methods but a lot does seem to depend on which side of the fence you happen to be sitting.
Old 27 May 2005, 08:04 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Steve Sherwen
The best thing to happen to all the despots, "terrorists" and fundamentalists in the world is to be captured and put on trial for their crimes, preferably in a balanced way so that neither side can bias the proceedings.

The world and their followers would then be able to see that these are just evil men, not inspirational leaders. Killing them makes them a martyr and you have 100 more willing to take their place.
ripping someones nuts off and subjecting them to a bit of eye for an eye does not make them a martyr.. it might make some of the loyal follower,s think very carefully about about what they do to other people.!!!!!

Give me a very good reason why it shouldnt be done.... what you fail to grasp is... that if

Mr (A) got all jizzerami and tortured him to death for killing his family, it would end there..no one else would be involved. WE would not be brought down to his level... by letting them get away with it brings us down to there level!! we become pawns who they see as expendable...

lets start sending some of the current crop of chav yobbos to the glasshouse, and lets see if it makes a differance to the crime rates???

with our PC climate we are on a slippery slope!

Quick Reply: al-Zarqawi' could be dying