Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Feral Gangs .....

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2005, 08:09 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Feral Gangs .....

When are we going to regain the streets??

When will some gang get taken down by a community??

It only needs one gang to get 'sorted out' and there will be many others taken out.

I know the news glorifies it all, papers cause a frenzy about 'slapping' and generate loads of copycat incidents .............. but, it seems that these kids are just running wild and out of control.

When they are caught, fine their parents a weeks benefits - might do the job??

Pete
Old 23 May 2005, 08:11 PM
IPKIS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

National Service for the little *******

3 years duration no exceptions

that would sort the little ******* out
Old 23 May 2005, 08:11 PM
BlackadderII
Scooby Regular

LOL Come the revolution

Cronies unite !!!!!
Old 23 May 2005, 08:23 PM
a2jcy
Scooby Regular

Cool

How about bringing back the birch or even public flogging at the town hall on saturday mornings watching that with a cupa and bacon roll magic
Old 23 May 2005, 08:26 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Chavs are multiplying down my street, but im considered cool because we all know chavs love a scoob

Old 23 May 2005, 08:32 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Fine the parents 2 weeks benefits/wages. And yes, I am a parent and see nothing wrong with this, bit of parental responsibility never hurt anyone.
At weekends get the ******* out cleaning the streets, removing graffiti, cleaning ponds, rivers, lakes.
If they're at school, they do extra work at school in the evenings, with tests every Friday. Fail the test, you're back for another week. At weekends out doing the above.
Old 23 May 2005, 09:45 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Youthenasia is the only way

Don't panic pete, not euthenasia

That comes later...
Old 23 May 2005, 09:55 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jap2Scrap
Don't panic pete, not euthenasia
Good grief, I went all faint then ............ I'm never any bother

Pete
Old 24 May 2005, 12:00 AM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

It's the future. Get used to it.
Ain't no current Politician going to change it.
Old 24 May 2005, 12:02 AM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

does anybody think this is all going to boil over sooner rather than later...?! not that it hasnt in some cases already
Old 24 May 2005, 12:06 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

maybe we should form a scoobynet vigalantee gang and cruise the streets beating the **** outta no good *******
Old 24 May 2005, 12:08 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Vegescoob
It's the future. Get used to it.
Ain't no current Politician going to change it.
That's the truth of it !!

There was a gang of yobs a few years back when I lived up in Macclesfield that were terrorising their local community and despite local representations to the council and police - F'all was done (too busy putting up speed traps probably) It came to a head one evening when the men of the local community took the law into their own hands and overpowered the lead yob, stripped him and tied him to a lamp-post on one of the main arterial routes into Macc.

It got into the local rag, with photos. Didn't hear from him much after that !
Old 24 May 2005, 06:25 AM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

they've banned fox hunting maybe they could hunt these scum down , 15 min head start , set the dog's off
Old 24 May 2005, 07:04 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

".......... we are going to be hard on crime blah blah blah...."
Dont see any of this yet, unless its speeding and then only by certain members of the population.......
Old 24 May 2005, 08:02 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Mrs Leslie says that not only should they be birched, but that they should also bring back the stocks.

At least we could all get our own back on the evil *******.

Fine the parents and make them pay for their children's vandalism too.

Les
Old 24 May 2005, 09:02 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Power to the people!!

Old 24 May 2005, 09:13 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

So I take it everyone agrees with 'punishment beatings' that are handed out in Belfast for antisocial behaviour?

First offence - beating with hurls, baseball bats and iron bars
Second offence - shot through the knee caps
Third offence - 6 pack (shot through knees, wrists and ankles - apparently they make you put your wrists over your knees to save bullets)

While I broadly agree with the sentiment, there are two problems. The first is that it doesn't make any difference, either as a deterrent or a punishment (otherwise there would be no need to do it any more) and second is that the 'victim' then gets a large compensation payout from the govt
Old 24 May 2005, 09:17 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question

Ho hum...........is this the same PSLewis who urged us all to vote Labour as they would do/had done such a good job? And the same PSLewis who tells anyone caught speeding that they are breaking the law, so they deserve all they get?

And now he wants vigilante gangs to curb the youth of today?

Alcazar
Old 24 May 2005, 09:33 AM
Mark Miwurdz
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by alcazar
Ho hum...........is this the same PSLewis who urged us all to vote Labour as they would do/had done such a good job? And the same PSLewis who tells anyone caught speeding that they are breaking the law, so they deserve all they get?

And now he wants vigilante gangs to curb the youth of today?

Alcazar
That's senility for you.
Old 24 May 2005, 09:47 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by jods
That's the truth of it !!

There was a gang of yobs a few years back when I lived up in Macclesfield that were terrorising their local community and despite local representations to the council and police - F'all was done (too busy putting up speed traps probably) It came to a head one evening when the men of the local community took the law into their own hands and overpowered the lead yob, stripped him and tied him to a lamp-post on one of the main arterial routes into Macc.

It got into the local rag, with photos. Didn't hear from him much after that !
Robert Sadler IIRC they also tipped 5 litres of a liquid from a petrol can over him and told him they were going to set his *** on fire He even made it onto the local TV news, along with his parent's, who claimed he was a good boy who was never any trouble If he was never any trouble why did he get sent down?
Old 24 May 2005, 11:53 AM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Bring back the stocks..... have a box of rotten tomatoes nearby and let rip. Oh sweet revenge.
Old 24 May 2005, 11:57 AM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fast bloke
So I take it everyone agrees with 'punishment beatings' that are handed out in Belfast for antisocial behaviour?

First offence - beating with hurls, baseball bats and iron bars
Second offence - shot through the knee caps
Third offence - 6 pack (shot through knees, wrists and ankles - apparently they make you put your wrists over your knees to save bullets)

While I broadly agree with the sentiment, there are two problems. The first is that it doesn't make any difference, either as a deterrent or a punishment (otherwise there would be no need to do it any more) and second is that the 'victim' then gets a large compensation payout from the govt
im sure we can come to a compromise...?! dont tell me youre the type of person who would blame society and have them rehabilitated with a month on safari or at disneyworld...?

im not having a pop at you, i spent 4 years in ulster and im aware what happens there...im not saying its right, but how do you stop these little b*stards...?! everyone has a right to live safely...
Old 24 May 2005, 12:07 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by IPKIS
National Service for the little *******

3 years duration no exceptions

that would sort the little ******* out
Nope, national or community service for the parents making the point that it's their ******* that are causing THEM the problems.

National service for ******* after their 16th birthday. i.e. They accumulate 'points' for bad behaviour based on age and offence until they are 16. If they've got enough points at that points, they win an expenses paid trip to "see the world"

J.
Old 24 May 2005, 12:08 PM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by pslewis
When are we going to regain the streets??

When will some gang get taken down by a community??

It only needs one gang to get 'sorted out' and there will be many others taken out.

I know the news glorifies it all, papers cause a frenzy about 'slapping' and generate loads of copycat incidents .............. but, it seems that these kids are just running wild and out of control.

When they are caught, fine their parents a weeks benefits - might do the job??

Pete

simple: when YOUR useless government - and the civil service & police force it has disgracefully politicised and hamstrung - ditches its socially-corrosive, trendy islington thinktank PC dogma and starts protecting the victims of crime rather its perpetrators.
Old 24 May 2005, 12:43 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Holy Ghost
simple: when YOUR useless government - and the civil service & police force it has disgracefully politicised and hamstrung - ditches its socially-corrosive, trendy islington thinktank PC dogma and starts protecting the victims of crime rather its perpetrators.
Agree 100% with the above!
Old 24 May 2005, 02:00 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by brihoppy
im sure we can come to a compromise...?! dont tell me youre the type of person who would blame society and have them rehabilitated with a month on safari or at disneyworld...?

im not having a pop at you, i spent 4 years in ulster and im aware what happens there...im not saying its right, but how do you stop these little b*stards...?! everyone has a right to live safely...

Hahahahah - no way - I think shooting them dead on the spot would be acceptable. At least there would be 0% re-occurence.

Dunno what the real answer is. Making parents in some way responsible might help. We have a neighbour whose son is a thug - she says he is just boistrous(sp) - SO far he hasn't done anything major, but the entire family have no respect for anyone else or anyone elses property. I know that he is bullying another one of the kids up the street. What do I do, show him that bullying works by giving him a good kicking?

Difficult topic to come up with a coverall answer, but I think it mostly stmes from stopping teachers from teaching us respect the hard way at school. I remember getting caught 'trespassing' by a teacher (taking a shortcut to the shop through a field) - After he kicked the **** out of me he called my father, who also kicked the sht out of me for getting in troublewith the teachers. Maybe if a few more parents took that attitude we would have a lot less trouble
Old 24 May 2005, 03:13 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by fast bloke

Gotta love that attention to detail!

Sensitive subject this: Hard not to take sympathy with communities that have been blighted with tearaways only to take the law into their own hands, but I guess we can't permit have a mob rule culture, as the mob often becomes as bad as the tearaways! Very well observed episode of the Simpsons on this!

I think three things are self evident:

-The law needs to make adequate provision for an individual to defend themself AND their property.

-Individuals who comit crime and -in the comision of that crime- sustain personal harm should be ineligable to file any kind of action in the courts.

-Whilst the police cannot publically condone acts of retribution against tear aways, cases should be judged individually on their merits. Sometimes, it's in "the public interest" for them to -in effect- turn a blind eye, especially where no real physical harm has been done to the tearaway.

NS04
Old 24 May 2005, 05:11 PM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

i agree it is a tricky situation...
Old 24 May 2005, 05:14 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
-Individuals who comit crime and -in the comision of that crime- sustain personal harm should be ineligable to file any kind of action in the courts.
Live by the sword, die by the sword... harsh but fair, I have to agree.
Old 24 May 2005, 06:16 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
Live by the sword, die by the sword... harsh but fair, I have to agree.
Actually Rich, I'd have to admit to be a proponent of the Iced barbed wire into the anus of a car thief/vandal idea proposed by some kind soul on here myself.....

BUT *sighs*

Apparently that's OTT, cruel and unusual punishment ...............Thank you very much European Court of Human rights!

NS04

Quick Reply: Feral Gangs .....