Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Eyes - Problem

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2005, 10:49 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eyes - Problem

Any medical type folks on here tell me what this could be.

OK, I've got a bit of a cold at the moment, but for the past three morning I've woken up and my right eye is virtually closed and glued up with some sort of yellow coloured gunk.

I get up, have a shower etc and soak my eye and this cleans up most of the stuff, a tissue sort out the rest of the crap.

But, my eye still doesn't open fully until mid afternoon(stays around 75/80%), and although its not sore, its mildly uncomfortable until early evening.

I tried going to see my doc, but as usual with the NHS "Sir, I can give you an appointment next Thursday!"

Shaun

Last edited by urban; 13 May 2005 at 10:59 AM.
Old 13 May 2005, 10:52 AM
ChrisB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to suffer from glued-up eyes when I was younger - that was from hayfever. Maybe a bit early for that though? I usually start to suffer June or July but I know people are different.
Old 13 May 2005, 10:53 AM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like conjunctivitis to me.. See your doctor and get some eye ointment. Don't share towels or similar because it's highly contageous.

Originally Posted by medical page online somewhere
Bacterial conjunctivitis usually begins in one eye and often spreads to the other. If a bacterial infection is the cause, there may be some yellow pus-like discharge from the eye.

Viral conjunctivitis is more likely to cause a watery discharge that can be crusty in the morning but is not pus-like. Viral conjunctivitis usually begins in one eye then affects the other eye within 24-48 hours. There may also be cold-like symptoms, such as fever and a sore throat. Like colds, the symptoms tend to get worse over the first few days, and then gradually improve over the next two to three weeks.

One type of viral conjunctivitis, called infectious keratitis, can cause a feeling of having something in the eye, which can be so severe that it is difficult to open the eyes. This condition can result in permanent damage to vision, and anyone with this sensation should seek medical advice.

Last edited by Jap2Scrap; 13 May 2005 at 10:55 AM.
Old 13 May 2005, 10:55 AM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phone the doctor & tell the receptionist that it's an emergency as you have eye problems. They will fix an appointment the same day, although probably not with your own doc.