Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Finally became criminalised by the sytem!!

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2005, 10:42 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally became criminalised by the sytem!!

Collected the wife from h/row today, 5.35am and had a nice pleaseant run back through the a/b roads...

and yes sunday drivers exsist at 7.45 am *****R

pootlin allong at any speed between 20 and 60 no warning just up an down like a bloody yoyo.

so at the first safe long stretch of road i performed a text book overtaking maneuver...

and whadya know.. the feds have the scamera van just poking out the oncoming corner!!

i reckon i got 68-70 lets see what they give me!!

and do you know what... i dont give a toss.. why

if they want to police remotely then so be it i shall treat them as they treat me, a number and a statisctic. £60 & 3 points hey ho it wont change a thing.

when i next see bib in trouble i shall return the favour, wave and take a picture,

Mart

The sun shining and the kids are in the garden , ive got better things to do
Old 08 May 2005, 11:07 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Cross your fingers, they might have got you at a low enough speed so that they won't book you.

Les
Old 08 May 2005, 11:27 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Are they allowed to use the evidence (i.e. the picture) if there is another car in the frame (the one you were overtaking). ??
Old 08 May 2005, 11:35 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

I'm expecting the same anytime now. There's no escaping it I'm afraid.

Still, according to Hedgehog's post:

The Association of Chief Police Officers has just established a Road Policing Intelligence Forum, which notes that "bad driving, even where not leading to a collision, is threatening and intimidating to other drivers". It is sufficient that this threat is merely perceived by the self-proclaimed victim. The targeted individual will have to prove his or her innocence.
It is time to start reporting the imbeciles who cannot drive at the correct speed, fail to indicate, park in dangerous or inconsiderate places, drive whilst on the phone or make illegal right turns.

I am planning to take full advantage of these new rules to redress the balance.

Last edited by unclebuck; 08 May 2005 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08 May 2005, 11:52 AM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Did pete catch you buck?
Old 08 May 2005, 12:00 PM
richieh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360
Collected the wife from h/row today, 5.35am and had a nice pleaseant run back through the a/b roads...

and yes sunday drivers exsist at 7.45 am *****R

pootlin allong at any speed between 20 and 60 no warning just up an down like a bloody yoyo.

so at the first safe long stretch of road i performed a text book overtaking maneuver...

and whadya know.. the feds have the scamera van just poking out the oncoming corner!!

i reckon i got 68-70 lets see what they give me!!

and do you know what... i dont give a toss.. why

if they want to police remotely then so be it i shall treat them as they treat me, a number and a statisctic. £60 & 3 points hey ho it wont change a thing.

when i next see bib in trouble i shall return the favour, wave and take a picture,

Mart

The sun shining and the kids are in the garden , ive got better things to do
mate i did the same thing in scotland
in my case it was 80 in a 60 to pass a truck.heard nothing
hopefully itll be set on the inside lane and mr plod was having a cuppa
fingers crossed
richie
Old 08 May 2005, 12:50 PM
Matt P
Scooby Regular

Another criminal caught bang to rights then...

...not. The law's an *** and everybody (except Lewis) knows it

Trending Topics

Old 08 May 2005, 01:52 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

Errm....kind of miss the point of your post...you were speeding..and you were caught.....end of story....You havnt been criminalised, you chose to do this yourself by breaking the speed limit! You may not like the law, but it's their for us all .....
Old 08 May 2005, 03:59 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

look at the post in its entirety

i was overtaking to make progress around a potential accident ..

ie some numpty who decides that on a safe stretch of road he will do 20 mph,

and on a non safe blind section he will do 60..

did you read anywhere in my post, a bleat, a whine, a its not fair..

NO unlike someone else we could mention!!!

the purpose of the post was to highlight how we are policed remotley

if it had been a static officer, it may have been a pull and a bolloking..

as it was its a computer deciding on a set of parameters!!

nothing like using ones judgement...

which when the nip comes, may potentially highlight how much of an *** this system is..

but as i said, given the current treatment by the enforcement community

i dont care, and when said community need support, i wont bother.

M
Old 08 May 2005, 04:09 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Don't worry about it M360, the SN holier than thou brigade are just gutted they have wasted their lives jumping through hoops the rest of us just walk around.

I drive as fast as is safe to do so, irrespective of what "limit" some tree hugger has applied to the road in question. Occasionally I get "taxed" for doing so, just as the government expects us to, and budgets for.

I have only been taxed twice in 13 years of driving. I haven't slowed down, neither have I caused any accidents. If I had the choice again: 13 years of excessively slow, boring motoring versus £120 for 13 years of safely fast and natural driving I would do the same!
Old 08 May 2005, 04:55 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

I apologise if I missed the point of your thread...I read it as a whinge about speeding laws.......fair point about remote policing, but hey, that's progress for us...

As for me, I'm not holier than tho, I've been caught out a few times too....
Old 08 May 2005, 07:13 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs down

Yep. these are the same saddo plod who are CONSTANTLY asking for public help in solving numerous crimes,.................and then wondering why less and less public give it them.

What did the Wehrmacht, the death-camp guards and the SS used to say? "We were only obeying orders". It cut no ice then, and it cuts less now. I prefer the saying "For evil to triumph, it only wants for the good to do nothing".

Me? I wouldn't go to the bottom of our yard to **** on a copper if he was on fire...............nor would I bother calling them if I was in trouble any more, been let down, lied to, lied about too many times.

Roll on the revolution, say I.

Alcazar
Old 08 May 2005, 07:28 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

So speed cameras mean we dont help the police solve other crimes now? Is that our way of getting back at the law? That's a pure class deduction!

Remote policing is progress - I'd prefer to do without the patronising ticking off by the copper and would much prefer the fine through the post (if it comes mart - and it might not)...

But it's spelt 'camera' no 's' in it... Its a tremendous method to punish those who choose to break the law... The only reason people could put in the 's' is because of the spin/pitch used to promote their existence. The safespeed idiots always trying to manipulate data in a bid to try and make the roads more lawless than they already are.
Anyway I hope you dont get the fine and admire the fact that if it comes you'll just pay it and get on with life...
Old 08 May 2005, 07:32 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Remote policing is progress - I'd prefer to do without the patronising ticking off by the copper and would much prefer the fine through the post (if it comes mart - and it might not)...

But it's spelt 'camera' no 's' in it
Yep, that's why Essex has hundreds of the bloody things, but their road deaths are UP by a large proportion

SCAMERAS, and anyone who believes anything else, is thick

Alcazar
Old 08 May 2005, 07:33 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
It is time to start reporting the imbeciles who cannot drive at the correct speed, fail to indicate, park in dangerous or inconsiderate places, drive whilst on the phone or make illegal right turns.

I am planning to take full advantage of these new rules to redress the balance.
I think you need to be very careful, Stalin did exactly this to keep the population at bay. He encouraged everyone to grass up their neighbour. This becomes a catch 22 situation as you have to rush to grass them up before they grass you up and they, in the mean time, are doing the same thing. Next time someone pulls out in front of you at a roundabout and you pump your horn while standing on the brakes you must realise that it is your word against theirs and it is a race to the nearest police station. They know that you might be going to report them so they are rushing to report you for road rage. You know that they made a mistake which, in the run of things you would forget about in 5 minutes, but you need to report them in case they report you for your reaction.

True thought control, don't you think? The administration have the motorist where they want them, bickering among each other and willing to grass each other up for vague and minor crimes at the crop of a hat.

Note that the police have targets of the number of people they have to criminalise under these new laws. They MUST generate a given number of criminals from the generally law abiding public each and every day. So, they will be only too keen to believe any story of bad behaviour on the roads as it is another step towards their target, and they don't have to provide any evidence to get a conviction just a statement saying that you did, or thought, a bad thing.

Anyone who doesn't have deep concerns about this has a very scant knowledge of history.
Old 08 May 2005, 07:46 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

hedgehog,
As usual you see the big picture, with which you know I agree, unfortunately as yet the majority haven't woken up.
They may do before it's too late, however I think not.
They all think they live in a democracy, just because some of them have recently put a cross on a piece of paper.
Bit of reading, googling and thinking ought to sort it.
How many will bother?
Old 08 May 2005, 08:57 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hedgehog
I think you need to be very careful, Stalin did exactly this to keep the population at bay. He encouraged everyone to grass up their neighbour. This becomes a catch 22 situation as you have to rush to grass them up before they grass you up and they, in the mean time, are doing the same thing. Next time someone pulls out in front of you at a roundabout and you pump your horn while standing on the brakes you must realise that it is your word against theirs and it is a race to the nearest police station. They know that you might be going to report them so they are rushing to report you for road rage. You know that they made a mistake which, in the run of things you would forget about in 5 minutes, but you need to report them in case they report you for your reaction.

True thought control, don't you think? The administration have the motorist where they want them, bickering among each other and willing to grass each other up for vague and minor crimes at the crop of a hat.

Note that the police have targets of the number of people they have to criminalise under these new laws. They MUST generate a given number of criminals from the generally law abiding public each and every day. So, they will be only too keen to believe any story of bad behaviour on the roads as it is another step towards their target, and they don't have to provide any evidence to get a conviction just a statement saying that you did, or thought, a bad thing.

Anyone who doesn't have deep concerns about this has a very scant knowledge of history.
Fair enough. It did actually occur to me that this is the idea behind ihe policy as I posted.

But what are you supposed to do? - apart from emmigrate that is. Now that the Third Term has been secured there seems to be no way of stopping them.

BTW - the cancellation of off-road sporting events has also begun as the new DEFRA legislation on land usage begins to take effect. More on this later....

Old 08 May 2005, 09:43 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Well, for a start I don't think the Tories would make much difference because every one of the parties is also caught in a catch 22 situation where having control is becoming a requirement for getting elected, or at least so they believe.

What I do think we need to do is to start working to make the rights of the private motorist a major issue for the next election. In this election we got, basically, nothing from any party except for a rather weak promise to review some cameras from the Tories. We need to be making it clear to the Tories, or whoever, that they might do it next time if they have the support of motorists and, therefore, that they need radical policies on motoring issues.

Their problem with this is that there is a small, but very strong, anti-motoring lobby who have managed to get themselves into positions of power through careful use of power and politics. We also see organisations such as Transport 2000 who aim to put us all off the roads and who are now paid for from our taxes. These people are supported, at the grass roots, by various "green" organisations and the extreme left but other parties, as well as Labour, are coming under the same pressure from them to toe some politically correct anti-car line.

Your point about rural issues is also important. The current administration have almost institutionalised the persecution of both the motorist and the traditional rural dweller. Look at the red seats on this map:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/vote2...html/map05.stm

Labour may have more seats and may represent many people but they don't actually hold much of the land area of the UK. The people who are making transport decisions all have access to good public transport and they don't need to make trips that would take literally days by public transport but which take 45 minutes by car so they are alien to the rural dweller and they are alien to the normal motorist.

Both of these groups needs to be starting to plan for the next election and they need to establish how best to apply pressure. It doesn't matter which party wins as long as they do what we tell them. That is democracy for you, but over the last while it seems to be working in reverse.

I am involved with a one issue pressure group, an issue removed from motoring matters, and through the careful application of pressure and politics plus clever campaigning we managed to remove a labour MP from a seat that has never returned anyone but a Labour MP. Currently the MSP for the area is Labour as well and we are starting to make it clear to him that unless he changes his tune he is going the same way. All the local councils are also strongly Labour held and they are getting pressure as well. Of course this is exactly the same divide and conquer tactics as the administration are using against the motorist, we are picking them off one at a time and turning them against each other :-) It is nice to play them at their own game, it can be done and if the motorist doesn't do it then by the time we reach the election after next you need have no expectation of having any "right" to private transport.
Old 08 May 2005, 10:16 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz

But it's spelt 'camera' no 's' in it... Its a tremendous method to punish those who choose to break the law... The only reason people could put in the 's' is because of the spin/pitch used to promote their existence. The safespeed idiots always trying to manipulate data in a bid to try and make the roads more lawless than they already are.

What utter crap!

contrast what did, i overtook on a straight stretch of road, good visibility and no oncoming traffic. and got clocked by a scamera..

now roll back 4 hours its dark there is reduced streetlighting and oncoming and following traffic, and there is a vehicle reversing toward you with his hazards on..... degree of risk?? 60% would you overtake??
now expand the picture to what actually was happening... the above is true, except it was on the M25 this morning and the taxi was had missed his exit near heathrow, and was trying to reverse back to get off (it was the section with the concrete barriers) now evaluate the risk...

Where was the saftey camera!!! what good would it have done??? would it have prevented an accident!!! now justify the use of scameras,

7mph over the limit on a straight country lane at 7 45am good visibility clear dry day very light traffic conditions or 4.45 am dark little streetlighting one way system restricted lanes and a national speedlimit..

fair ?? you tell me.

Mart
Old 08 May 2005, 11:24 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

The Association of Chief Police Officers has just established a Road Policing Intelligence Forum, which notes that "bad driving, even where not leading to a collision, is threatening and intimidating to other drivers". It is sufficient that this threat is merely perceived by the self-proclaimed victim. The targeted individual will have to prove his or her innocence.
Am I the only one who find this last part very worrying...?
Old 08 May 2005, 11:36 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nimbus
No
Old 08 May 2005, 11:58 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Guilty until poven innocent of.... anything mr 'angry of Surbiton' chooses to accuse you of.

It's a 'curtain twitcher's' charter.

Great.

My thoughts: We should protest by flooding the system with complaints about poor driving. God knows, there are enough examples about.

For example:

Driving too slowly, pulling out in front of people, not pulling out when it's clear, incorrectly indicating at junctions, changing lanes without use of mirrors or indicators, reversing onto main roads, driving erratically, etc, etc...
Old 09 May 2005, 07:48 AM
Matt P
Scooby Regular

No
Old 09 May 2005, 11:47 AM
New_scooby_04

Angry

There is something even more worrying about that, aside from the fact that it is contrary to the most fundamental rule of law:

How exactly would one prove their innocence?

Answer: You couldn't unless you had some kind of black box attached to your car!

I'm getting extremely worried that it's only a (relatively short) matter of time before the nanny state imposes a full time back seat driver in our cars in the form of tracking, 'intelligent' speed restrictors etc...

Very worrying indeed!

NS04
Old 09 May 2005, 12:29 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
My thoughts: We should protest by flooding the system with complaints about poor driving. God knows, there are enough examples about.

For example:

Driving too slowly, pulling out in front of people, not pulling out when it's clear, incorrectly indicating at junctions, changing lanes without use of mirrors or indicators, reversing onto main roads, driving erratically, etc, etc...
As I've implied previously I think it is important that you don't try to do this because this system, like the camera system, is designed for automatic enforcement with no right of reply. The target of 1.2 million has already been set and I am sure they have the process in place to cope with this number of "thought crimes."

In the end you will not flood the system, you will just play into their hands and allow them to criminalise more and more motorists. The system will be almost automatic and so it will cost them nothing to do more and more people. As more people get crimialised and become nervous that it will happen again so they will become more keen to report any minor "thought crime" they see on the roads, just in case the other person is about to report them. This situation will snowball, the clear up figures for crime will go through the roof, the administration will look great as they will be solving more crimes than actually take place, the greens will be happy because more and more people will be driven off the roads, many motorists will be too nervous of a conviction to actually drive and real criminals in unregistered cars will go along their way without fear of the attentions of the law.

With this in mind I think it is important that we react in the opposite way. Motorists must not, ever, report another driver under this law. There must be a concerted campaign to reinforce this but we must not allow them to play divide and conquer on an individual basis. If they pull this off then it will almost certainly signal the end of private motoring in the UK because it will, basically, be illegal to drive on the roads.
Old 09 May 2005, 12:35 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Of course not Nimbus but maybe a lot of people prefer not to say on a net which can be monitored by the authorities.

This statement which is part of Hedgehog's post in another thread is a real shocker. It shifts the burden of proof and thus means you will be deemed guilty until you can prove your own innocence.

Its is a charter for informers who are prepared to give evidence against others for their own personal reasons. As Hedgehog said, this is ths sort of device used by evil minded dictators such as Stalin and Hitler for example and is part of goverment by fear.

We will see more of this kind thing I am afraid.

Les

Last edited by Leslie; 09 May 2005 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09 May 2005, 12:54 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

The law of this land is still innocent until proven guilty. A change to this will not be happening.
Old 09 May 2005, 01:02 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

We have lost Habeas Corpus, so what do you think will happen if they implement that statement then?

Les
Old 09 May 2005, 01:03 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

A change has already happened.

When you drive past a speed camera there is no evidence at all that you were driving the car, all that exists is a photograph of a numberplate. You are then sent a document which, on pain of a worse penalty, demands that you sign to admit that you were driving. You will recall that there is something akin to a right to silence and a right not to incriminate yourself. So where do those basic rights fit in with this?

The government themselves admit that there are 130,000 cars with cloned numberplates on the roads. If you go to court and defend yourself by saying that it was a car with a cloned numberplate you will almost certainly be convicted, despite there being rather more than reasonable doubt. So, you were guilty unless you could prove yourself innocent. How is this different from this new situation?

The truth is, as many have been saying for a long, long time, the cameras are the thing edge of the wedge. The speeding issue is merely an aside in the camera debate because they are not about safety or speed, they are about getting control systems into place to criminalise the motorist without any chance of a defence on his or her part.

The people who say "I never speed" or "I never do anything wrong" and think that this will not worry them are the very people in for the biggest shock, at least the rest of us see it coming.
Old 09 May 2005, 01:04 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chiark
The law of this land is still innocent until proven guilty. A change to this will not be happening.
You think?

Speed cameras/detectors and NIP's?
Detention without trial for "terror suspects."

It might have been that once but not any more.

Quick Reply: Finally became criminalised by the sytem!!