Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

So what slant has your local MP tried to use on you?

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2005, 12:38 AM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face So what slant has your local MP tried to use on you?

My local Labour (boo hiss) candidate stopped me over the weekend and I raised my concerns over immigration and assylum seekers her response was..'oh well we only have 90 in Bucks...' my 'oh and what about the rest of the country and the ones you don't know about?' she became a little unstuck and started on about what her reasonings for why I should vote for her and Labour were.

They were as follows:

1) Us females should stick together
2) Women have more common sense then men
3) Did you know only 14% of MP's are women? More women should be in parliament

and yes she trundled out...

4)Girl Power!!!! LOL

I'm 26 not a teeny bopper of 12! I did ask if she really thought that these were valid reasons as to why I shuld vote for her and she suddenly remembered she had to get back to base..funny that.. I don't know what she was one but has anyone else come across a dodgy candidate

Last edited by little-ginge; 04 May 2005 at 12:43 AM.
Old 04 May 2005, 01:30 AM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

Saw someone from the BNP in sunderland city centre last week. He was shouting top of his voice about geting rid of the immigrants, saying how they are spoiling our national heritage. He was also asking if we wanted the area to turn into the likes of London and Birmingham.

I heard about some of the racist comments about the BNP, but as they say i dont belive everything they say on the news or print in the papers. But i was quite shocked at some of the comments, i was also quite surprised he was allowed to stand there mouthing this stuff off espechially as it in the middle of the city centre, just outside a building where hundreds of refugees go to sign on/get their food vouchers or what ever they do.
Old 04 May 2005, 05:41 AM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

If you live in Vauxhall, be very afraid of a visit from Robert McWhirter (UKIP).

I used to work with the chap, and he may be difficult to get off your doorstep. So, if a guy in a purple velvet smoking jacket, sporting a bow tie, approaches your door, if you have any plans for the next day or two, don't answer the door. He's a nice enough bloke, albeit rather eccentric, but he certainly knows how to talk!

A couple of links:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/electio...00-592,00.html

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/perso...,-7554,00.html