Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How is the best

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2005, 10:39 PM
ron_jon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How is the best

way to register a company. I dont want a limited company . I just want to register the name so I can trade as it.

How do it do this ?

I am registered as sole trader.
Can I just trade as any name i like ?

Please help.

Regards,
RJ
Old 19 April 2005, 09:11 AM
ron_jon
Scooby Regular

btt
Old 19 April 2005, 10:11 AM
03-CTR
Scooby Regular

the wife is doing this at the moment oddly enough. i can't tell you all the in's and out's but you can get a lot of info from business link (click here)

because the wife's business isn't going to make stacks of cash and has little startup costs she's opting for a partnership (as opposed to a ltd company) as you will not need a solicitor or accountant and the salary/tax implications are simpler.

liability is an issue though as a ltd company protects your assets iirc whereas you could lose your house etc if you (or a business partner) run up debt under the company.

with regard to names we couldn't use the name we wanted, as a ltd company, as someone else had already registered it. as a partnership however you can name it whatever you like. at this stage though we're thinking of setting up a group i.e. 03-ctr associates and then having the company name as division. we are then free to set up other divisions under the umbrella of 03-ctr associates.

i'm no expert by any means so it would probably be best to check the above link. i'll find out tonight but i think the wife got a free 30 min consultation with business link which helped a lot.

good luck