Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Another Ebay grumble!!

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2005, 06:58 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Ebay grumble!!

Ok as a newbie to the delights of Ebay i recently sold some alloy wheels on there - but i was waiting for weeks for the payment and after trying to contact the buyer to no avail - eventulally i filed a non payment with ebay and a couple of days later i got an e-mail saying it was not her that usd the account or e-mail but her partner who had recently had a death in the family but had now gone back to camp (the marines) i contacted her and said i was very sorry but these wheels were bid by here and won by here. Anyway i have not heard anything for the last week until yesterday when i got an e-mail telling me her partner is not due back from camp for another 12 weeks so it might be better putting them back on Ebay!!!! WTF after all that. i tred contacting Ebay but it seems you just cant get proper response and it is all automated.

Where do i stand now??? is she obligated to buy the wheels or am i fcuked

Using Ebay for the first time has left a very bitter taste in my mouth!!!!

Thanks guys!
Old 12 April 2005, 07:40 AM
zoog
Scooby Regular

Just put them back on Ebay and forget the whole episode.
Old 12 April 2005, 08:36 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You might even get lucky and get more money second time around
Old 12 April 2005, 08:46 AM
paulr
Scooby Regular

As above.
Old 12 April 2005, 09:10 AM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

I think I am about to have an issue, but the opposite way round.

I saw something I wanted that had had no bids. I needed more info so emailed the seller 5 times, but got no response. In the end I thought it was worth a risk so I bid and got the item as the only bidder.

Now I am a little dubious about sending the money by paypal, which I usually immediately do, as I have never had any contact from the seller and am not happy throwing money into the unknown.

Any ideas whatg I should do?

rely on paypal protection or wait to be contacted?
Old 12 April 2005, 09:30 AM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Paypal protection is a joke. My g/f bought a battary for her Sharp GX phone on ebay from a power seller. It was £2 plus £4 p&P.

For weeks and weeks she got fobbed off with im sending it or its sent or whatever.

Eventually (about 3 weeks later) it arrived. It wasnt the battary shown in the photo and it certainly wasnt the correct one for the phone. Oh, and the battary had 58p stamp on it

She mailed him and told him over the period of about 2 weeks and still got no email whatsoever from him. In the meantime his rating had plummeted to about 70%.

Eventually she filed a paypal protection thingymagig, and they were sorry but they couldnt do anything because it was below the £6 and then they could only give back some ****ty %.

Eventually this guy was kicked off ebay and she got a £3 odd refund, which is still quite **** really. Paypale buyer protection isnt worth a sh1te
Old 12 April 2005, 09:34 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Yep there is no protection of any kind to recover monies or enforce payment of goods sold, anyone putting their items for sale with 'this is a legally binding contract' is talking out of their ****!

The whole ebay thing really is buyer and seller beware, that said I use it for no end of stuff and rarely have any problems. I always stipulate that buyers should contact me within 3 days and pay within 7. I also put that I will delete bids from zero rated or users that have changed their ID. When buying if its over £200 then I will go and collect, if its too far away then I wont bid at all! Set out your rules and stick to them!

Gary
Old 12 April 2005, 09:35 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

cheif,

If you dont hear from the seller within 48 hours (you can put that in the add) you will assume they are a non-payer............i would have sent an email 2 days after the sale saying PAY NOW OR GET NEG FEEDBACK............then relist them.

Adam.......send an email saying CONTACT ME OR I WONT PAY......and leave it, after 2 weeks of no hear just forget it.

T
Old 12 April 2005, 09:54 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

I might just try my luck on Scoobynet instead!
Old 12 April 2005, 12:13 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

The Chief- Move on, unfortunately some categories carry a fair share of wasters.
Relist them and your faith in eBay might be restored.

Buyers actually have far too much protection from PayPal. Chargebacks are easy even when somebody has received the goods. Honest sellers are taking far more of a risk than buyers.

Adam M - Simply pull the guys details from eBay and phone him, you'll find the link half way down your winning email.