Got Burgled at the weekend

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2005, 10:05 PM
StueyB2
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Got Burgled at the weekend

Hi peeps, its StueyB - changed my p/w and forgot it

Been offline for a few days because we got burgled yesterday. Basically they had kept watch on the house and when we went out kicked in the catflap and hooked some keys.

Basically they just got in and took a lot of stuff, 2 ipods, 2 brand spankin new laptops, xbox, ps2 digi cam and all the jewelry. They even nicked a pair of trainers belonging to the mrs.

They must have been on something as they didnt take the Mrs brand new Virgin handset (or have good taste ) . Someone rang it whilst it was happening is our guess n scared em off because they missed (thank god) a **** load of IT stuff in the office including 2 dell 4700s, 2 more inspiron laptops, dvd camara and about 2.5 k of ram and cpus for a couple of poweredges that im doing for colo servers as well as other assorted dell kit still boxed (dell printers anyone )

Anyhow, my mate on icq spoke to me on the phone and said where did you go ? I said huh, then it dawned that the connection went cause they nicked it. So we know it happened at exactly 1.29 pm 2 Other houses got done also, one of which the occupants were in !

Bit pissed off and all but the insurance company has been out and changed the locks and all but now we have to go through the rigmorole of a claim.

Police couldnt lift any prints either as they had been wearing gloves.

They must have also kicked the cats because the poor creatures wont come anywhere near us now, wont eat or anything
Old 04 April 2005, 10:12 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

******* scum
Old 04 April 2005, 10:12 PM
midget1500
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear that. we've been burgled and it sucks
Old 04 April 2005, 10:38 PM
DemonDave
Scooby Regular

StueyB,

Do you have the asset tags from the dells ... not sure if dell can do checks on em if they come online under the dell support site

Dave.
Old 04 April 2005, 10:46 PM
thundertiger
Scooby Regular

stuey, sorry to hear about this mate

hope the scum die soon.

Dazza
Old 04 April 2005, 10:54 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Thats awful,
Old 04 April 2005, 11:04 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Good point Dave, they are fairly new so i should have the invoice somewhere. Excellent. Cheers for that thought.
Old 04 April 2005, 11:11 PM
DemonDave
Scooby Regular

dell will have the info if they are recent .... just hope is helps to catch the sods ... they sell em on .... somebody goes for a new driver and hopefully they could be traced
Old 04 April 2005, 11:38 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I had burglary two years ago over a weekend.Theives came inside the house thru the window when we were sleeping upstairs.Thet must ave looked for my scooby keys as the drawers etc in the kitchen and living room were left disturbed.Instead of Subaru keys,they found my ex's Audi keys and chucked them in the garden coz they didnt want Audi!
My all the jewellery was taken away and some of it was found scattered all over the colony.Our expensive mobiles were gone.Other things like vid,laptop n cam etc were left untouched coz they aimed for scoob.That night,3 performance cars from the area were stolen including one scoob.
the incident effected me quite badly as, they didnt come in when we were on holiday or sumthing.They came in when we were sleeping upstairs.It left me sleepless at n ights for months and still, i get worried sumtimes
In this case,burglars did leave finger prints etc but did police catch them? did they f*ck!I even had left my mob active so that if they made any calls from it, they could have been traced.Police refused to obtain a list of calls they made.I had to get it of O2.Police came to collect it of me after 5 weeks and did b@gger all with it!
I feel very sorry for your cats StueyB2.Hope they recover from shock
Old 05 April 2005, 12:19 AM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

Horrible
Sorry to hear that

cath
Old 05 April 2005, 08:03 AM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

StueyB

Like a lot of people on here I know what you're going through.

We got married in Jamaica in Dec 2003 and the night we got back home we got burgled. We were in bed at the time and didn't hear anything.

Worst thing was we had only got back late at night and unpacked the cases and left everything on the living room floor, including our camcorder and wedding video - which of course the scumbags stole

I tried to think along the lines of 'everything is replaceable' apart from the wedding video but the wife took it badly and hated the fact someone had been in our house, possibly watching it. She ended up having counselling to get over it.

Time is a great healer though and we've upgraded all our security, put it to the back of our minds and moved on.

Even bought another scoob as I'm sure they came in last time for my other one but it goes in the garage even if I'm only home for half an hour.

Hope everything is okay
Old 05 April 2005, 08:39 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear this Stuey
Old 05 April 2005, 11:23 AM
Stevie.p
Scooby Regular

Cool

Sorry to hear about you home being burgled Chuffin scumbag's should be given a good kick'in when they are caught!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05 April 2005, 12:17 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Question

I am always worrying about being burgled since we had the kids. We have all the downstairs windows locked, and the doors are bolted as well as locked. We always have the alarm on.

My one query is, have any of you who have been burgled had the alarm on, and if so, did the sods cricumvent it easily?

I can't think of anymore to make my home secure at night, hopefully that should be enough.

Geezer
Old 05 April 2005, 12:26 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Geezer
I am always worrying about being burgled since we had the kids. We have all the downstairs windows locked, and the doors are bolted as well as locked. We always have the alarm on.

My one query is, have any of you who have been burgled had the alarm on, and if so, did the sods cricumvent it easily?

I can't think of anymore to make my home secure at night, hopefully that should be enough.

Geezer
A large dog.

It's quite rare for the average burglar to bother with alarmed houses. Your average residential burglar is doing it to feed a drug habit and has little or no knowledge of getting past alarm systems.

They want to be in and out as easily and quckly as possible.
Old 05 April 2005, 12:33 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

I havent checked whether our alarm can do it, but can most be enabled for downstairs only? so at night you can alarm downstairs and get a very loud warning that someones in.

Very gutting experience, hope you get insurance etc all sorted soon, and get some nice new toys in to help compensate.
Old 05 April 2005, 12:39 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

We didnt have a house alarm, but we will be getting one now. To be honest our street is usually relatively ok, ie no one really ever gets broken into. The real laugh was the insurance company that only opens 9 -5 monday to friday, so had a long agonising wait to report it.

Whats not good is its brought back bad memorys for she who must be obeyed because she was robbed at knifepoint a little over 2 years ago when she worked at a petrol station. Im sure a new ipod (ie not as many scratches) will help heal it a bit, but you ever tried going to bed with the light on ?
Old 05 April 2005, 01:33 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SideShowBob
I havent checked whether our alarm can do it, but can most be enabled for downstairs only? so at night you can alarm downstairs and get a very loud warning that someones in.
I can set mine into part arm at night, all downstairs and the garage are alarmed. We have remote keypads which beep when anything is triggered, they also tell you which zone it is.

Works fine except for the time the garage zone goes off at 2am, I go out very gingerly with my “personal protection equipment” to investigate, only to find something had fell of the shelf

Allan
Old 05 April 2005, 01:37 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SideShowBob

Very gutting experience, hope you get insurance etc all sorted soon, and get some nice new toys in to help compensate.
It depends on the alarm. Most support multiple zones - in some cases 100's of them. Assuming up and down stairs detection devices are on different zones, you can have just downstarirs on if you want. We have each room as a different zone so the dog doesn't set the alarm off in the kitchen or back hall.
Old 05 April 2005, 01:37 PM
budgie55
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear of your misfortune... hope you get everything sorted soon.

And hope the scumbags die slowly and painfully.

Allan