Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2005, 10:34 AM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default christipher reeves widow dana reeve on cnn now

with larry king on channel 513 larry king live

wonderful, bravest, loyal and faithful woman, God bless her and superman, only if more woman were like dana , this world will surely be an awesome place, i have the ultimate respect for her, she is awesome, what she did for her husband after he became paralysed, it brings tears to your eyes

watch it now, i missed 20 mins already]

she is live on it
Old 27 February 2005, 10:47 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Moses,

There are millions of men/women who have to look after their wives/husbands who are disabled,paralysed etc. Most of these though dont have all the money, help and hype that surrounded Chris Reeve and his wife.

I admire him for all his very hard work before and especially after his tragic accident but dont forget there are many more on our own doorsteps who are a lot worse off than he ever was.

Chip
Old 27 February 2005, 10:55 AM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Chip
Moses,

There are millions of men/women who have to look after their wives/husbands who are disabled,paralysed etc. Most of these though dont have all the money, help and hype that surrounded Chris Reeve and his wife.

I admire him for all his very hard work before and especially after his tragic accident but dont forget there are many more on our own doorsteps who are a lot worse off than he ever was.

Chip

i know mate, but nothing wrong with praising dana is it, a woman who is rich and had everything going for her and still young, not many do that nowadays bud, they just let the doctors look after them and run off with another man.

superman was a proudman, he was my hero when i was small mate, always that attachment to your superhero, God bless him, he was so cool
Old 27 February 2005, 03:16 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moses
i know mate, but nothing wrong with praising dana is it, a woman who is rich and had everything going for her and still young, not many do that nowadays bud, they just let the doctors look after them and run off with another man.
Moses, whereas I can see your sentiment I also know that Christopher Reeve wouldn't have applauded what you imply.

They were a married couple before his accident and apart from the daily trauma that surrounded his quadraplegia he was no less a husband or father, so why should anybody even think she was depriving herself of something better?

Unfortunately most peoples perception of a paralysed individual is that they are some kind of burden or less able in every department of life and have been so from birth, despite the overwhelming evidence pre-accident.

Only those that have experienced paralysis first hand or at least at close quarters will ever know the truth.

Dana was a devoted wife like so many other wives/partners that go unrecognised and without the help and support of many influential organisations/individuals.
Old 27 February 2005, 04:11 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Another view on Christopher Reeve http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=creeve
Old 27 February 2005, 04:33 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Spoon
Moses, whereas I can see your sentiment I also know that Christopher Reeve wouldn't have applauded what you imply.

They were a married couple before his accident and apart from the daily trauma that surrounded his quadraplegia he was no less a husband or father, so why should anybody even think she was depriving herself of something better?

Unfortunately most peoples perception of a paralysed individual is that they are some kind of burden or less able in every department of life and have been so from birth, despite the overwhelming evidence pre-accident.

Only those that have experienced paralysis first hand or at least at close quarters will ever know the truth.

Dana was a devoted wife like so many other wives/partners that go unrecognised and without the help and support of many influential organisations/individuals.

well said bud
Old 27 February 2005, 04:40 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

RE Iwans post 5 -

A view from somebody who hasn't got a clue as he's not chairbound. This page has been around for years now and always pops up when Christopher Reeve is mentioned.

Maybe he wouldn't have done a thing had he not had his accident, agreed. The thing is with anything bought into the public spotlight by a celebrity, it's guaranteed to get recognition, one way or another.

This recognition has to be good for whatever cause that requires it.

Williams F1 donate a lot of money towards spinal reasearch as do all F1 teams indirectly through the organised nights pre and post race days, due to the plight being highlighted by Frank Williams' situation.

I doubt whether these donations towards spinal injuries would have necessarily been forthcoming had it not been for Franks accident but knocking the efforts would be just plain futile.

One thing that Christopher Reeve did quote that didn't sit well with other paralysed individuals was that he was going to walk again. This to anybody in the know was never going to happen.

All the statement managed to do was make the general public think it was possible with "faith" and forgetting you actually needed an intact spinal cord of which medical science hasn't solved yet.

If there is a cure tomorrow then people cannot just have the operation and walk within a weeks recouperation. An awful amount of physio would be required to retrain the body.