A MEMO FROM THE MANAGER

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2005, 09:06 AM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile A MEMO FROM THE MANAGER

A MEMO FROM THE MANAGER

We need to hit the ground running, keep our eye on the ball and make sure that we are all singing from the same hymn sheet. At the end of the day it is not a level playing field and the goal posts may move; if they do, someone else may have to pick it up and run with it. We must therefore have a golf bag of options hot-to-trot from the word ‘go’. It is your train set but we can’t afford to leave it on the back burner; we’ve got a lot of irons in the fire right now.

We will need to un-stick a few potential poo traps, but it all depends on the flash to bang time and the fudge factor allowed. Things may end up slipping to the left, and if they do, we will need to run a tight ship. I don’t want to re-invent the wheel, but we must get right down in the weeds with this one. If push comes to shove, we may have to up stumps, and then we’ll be in a whole new ball game.

I suggest we test the water with a few warmers in the bank. If HQ can produce the goods then we are cooking with gas. If not then we are in a world of hurt. I don’t want to die in a ditch over it, but we could easily end up in a flat spin if people start getting twitchy. To that end I want to get around the bazaars and make sure the movers and shakers are on our side from day one. If you hit me with your shopping list I can take it to the head honchos and start the ball rolling.

If it goes pear shaped it is no good throwing our toys out of the pram or our teddy in the corner. Instead we may have to fine-tune it in order to do a re-gain. We’ll be hung out to dry if it becomes a show-stopper.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and I think we have backed a winner here. If it all gets blown out of the water, however, I will be throwing a track, so get your feet into my in-tray and give me chapter and verse as to how you see things panning out. As long as our ducks are in a row I think the ball will stay in play and we can come up smelling of roses.

Before you bomb burst and throw smoke, it is imperative we play the good cop this time round. We need to nail our colours very firmly to the mast and look at the big picture. We’ve got to march to the beat of the drum. We are on a sticky wicket, so we need to play with a straight bat and watch out for low *****.

I’ve been on permanent send for long enough and I’ve had my pounds worth. I don’t want to rock the boat or teach anyone to suck eggs, but we must keep this very firmly in our in our sight picture or it could fall between cracks. I want to see us all in the same frame of mind and pulling in the same direction. Not to put to fine a point on it I don’t want to be seen to be re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, but if the cap fits, wear it.

Any questions…….?

And if it's a SIAL, tough **** ajm

Old 14 February 2005, 09:08 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in a similar vein...
Old 14 February 2005, 09:31 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a re-hash of Gus from Drop the Dead Donkey
Old 14 February 2005, 11:41 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I enjoyed that show.

Les
Old 14 February 2005, 04:04 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jye

A MEMO FROM THE MANAGER

We need to hit the ground running, keep our eye on the ball and make sure that we are all singing from the same hymn sheet. At the end of the day it is not a level playing field and the goal posts may move; if they do, someone else may have to pick it up and run with it. We must therefore have a golf bag of options hot-to-trot from the word ‘go’. It is your train set but we can’t afford to leave it on the back burner; we’ve got a lot of irons in the fire right now.

We will need to un-stick a few potential poo traps, but it all depends on the flash to bang time and the fudge factor allowed. Things may end up slipping to the left, and if they do, we will need to run a tight ship. I don’t want to re-invent the wheel, but we must get right down in the weeds with this one. If push comes to shove, we may have to up stumps, and then we’ll be in a whole new ball game.

I suggest we test the water with a few warmers in the bank. If HQ can produce the goods then we are cooking with gas. If not then we are in a world of hurt. I don’t want to die in a ditch over it, but we could easily end up in a flat spin if people start getting twitchy. To that end I want to get around the bazaars and make sure the movers and shakers are on our side from day one. If you hit me with your shopping list I can take it to the head honchos and start the ball rolling.

If it goes pear shaped it is no good throwing our toys out of the pram or our teddy in the corner. Instead we may have to fine-tune it in order to do a re-gain. We’ll be hung out to dry if it becomes a show-stopper.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and I think we have backed a winner here. If it all gets blown out of the water, however, I will be throwing a track, so get your feet into my in-tray and give me chapter and verse as to how you see things panning out. As long as our ducks are in a row I think the ball will stay in play and we can come up smelling of roses.

Before you bomb burst and throw smoke, it is imperative we play the good cop this time round. We need to nail our colours very firmly to the mast and look at the big picture. We’ve got to march to the beat of the drum. We are on a sticky wicket, so we need to play with a straight bat and watch out for low *****.

I’ve been on permanent send for long enough and I’ve had my pounds worth. I don’t want to rock the boat or teach anyone to suck eggs, but we must keep this very firmly in our in our sight picture or it could fall between cracks. I want to see us all in the same frame of mind and pulling in the same direction. Not to put to fine a point on it I don’t want to be seen to be re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, but if the cap fits, wear it.

Any questions…….?

And if it's a SIAL, tough **** ajm

Hey, like your style. I think we need to touch base on this in order to set up a triage for the guys that have to take flack.

UB