Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Tom Tom Go camera download.

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2005, 12:34 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tom Tom Go camera download.

Can someone please tell me how I download the camera database from pocketgpsworld into my new TTG in very very simple terms please.

Thanks

Chip
Old 15 January 2005, 04:05 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

OK quite easy.
First to make some room on the TomTom memory card for the speed camera database. Connect the Go to your PC and run the setup CD, go through to the add/remove extra features menu and select remove voices....them remove all of the foreign speaking voices.

Next download the pocket GPS file from http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/uksafetycameras.php.
This is a zip file and I assume you have winzip etc to unzip it. The pocket gps people have conveniently split up there camera list into gatso, mobile sites, temporary, etc so decide which ones you want. Then just copy the POI binairy file and the bitmap file for each set that you want into the Great-Britain-Map folder of the GO. Once connected by the USB cable it comes up as "removable disk" in the windows file management thing and you can just drag and drop or cut and paste the files over. You can turn off and disconnect the Go from the computer. Turn it back on and look at "change preferences", "maintain POI", "warn when near poi" and you can select the pocket gps camera site from the list and specify how close you want warning and ith what sound. That should do the job.
If your Go is v. old you may need to donload the latest version of the TomTom software from their website as the earlier versions did not support the points of interest stuff.
Hope that helps, post if any problems....
Old 15 January 2005, 08:06 PM
Mog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Boost II
OK quite easy.
First to make some room on the TomTom memory card for the speed camera database. Connect the Go to your PC and run the setup CD, go through to the add/remove extra features menu and select remove voices....them remove all of the foreign speaking voices.

Next download the pocket GPS file from http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/uksafetycameras.php.
This is a zip file and I assume you have winzip etc to unzip it. The pocket gps people have conveniently split up there camera list into gatso, mobile sites, temporary, etc so decide which ones you want. Then just copy the POI binairy file and the bitmap file for each set that you want into the Great-Britain-Map folder of the GO. Once connected by the USB cable it comes up as "removable disk" in the windows file management thing and you can just drag and drop or cut and paste the files over. You can turn off and disconnect the Go from the computer. Turn it back on and look at "change preferences", "maintain POI", "warn when near poi" and you can select the pocket gps camera site from the list and specify how close you want warning and ith what sound. That should do the job.
If your Go is v. old you may need to donload the latest version of the TomTom software from their website as the earlier versions did not support the points of interest stuff.
Hope that helps, post if any problems....
Cheers for that combined with Pocketgps I managed to update to 4.42 and do the Camera POI's.

Mog