tracktime
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would u go to a party as a ****

as title
Old 13 January 2005, 05:30 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Its a no for me... Disrespectful irresponsible behaviour...
Old 13 January 2005, 05:31 PM
Krade
Scooby Regular

Why dont people take offense to Devil costumes, Arab terrorist costumes,
Dont see a problem with personally if it relevent to the theme of the Party.
It is a problem tho if a major public figure wears one especially if they know there is a pretty good chance of being photo'd in it.
Went to a fancy dress a few years ago as one with a friend we were both in German WWII uniforms.
In fact i think it was worse when I was working at Ddixons we used to do fancy dress on xmas eve and i got an earfull from a Canadian woman might have been the fact I was dressed as a British soldier with a fake SMG sub machine gun.

Last edited by Krade; 13 January 2005 at 05:34 PM.
Old 13 January 2005, 05:38 PM
555wrx
Scooby Regular

Dont see anything wrong with it myself. Its just a uniform that is no longer recognised by the worlds military. The uniform itself never killed anybody. And to be factualy correct, it should have been an SS uniform, as it was the SS that where responsible for Hitlers death camps.
Old 13 January 2005, 05:49 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

I did about 8 years ago.

Went to a last minute halloween party and was told it was fancy dress. 6 of us went to a fancy dress hire shop on Halloween to hire a costume and as you can imagine they didn't have a lot left.

The shop owner was going through what they did have and as most of it was totally un halloween related I said yes as soon as he mentioned the **** uniform. I got the impression he wasn't too keen on me hiring it and asked me if I was sure I wanted to hire it.

Didn't really think much of it at the time but as the evening went on I started to realise it probably wasn't such a good idea. Didn't actually get into any real grief but I had a few people comment on the costume. Before the party my friends wanted to go to the pub in fancy dress and thank god I had the sense not to wear the outfit to the pub.

Worst of all we got to the party and not a single other person had bothered with fancy dress.

Now that I am older I certainly wouldn't dream of wearing something like that. Looking back I can't believe I was stupid enough to wear it.

Friend of mine took the uniform back to the shop and the owner told her that the uniform had been returned with blood on it before.
Old 13 January 2005, 06:01 PM
Bigwood
Scooby Regular

Don't have a problem with it at all. Too many people this day and age take offence far too easily.
Old 13 January 2005, 06:06 PM
tracktime
Scooby Regular

**** to me stands for racist or at the very least they are closely linked. I find the **** flag unacceptable.

Why wear it , can't understand anyone that does
Old 13 January 2005, 06:22 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

**** = racist murdering genocidal power crazed superiority complex crazed experimenters on the disabled and mentally defficient that left a trail of 30million dead behind them. Be associated with that if you want... Doesnt seem like a good life choice to me mind... And FFS stop comparing that to the inane - like a devil costume or something...
Old 13 January 2005, 06:37 PM
tracktime
Scooby Regular

well said Diesel
Old 13 January 2005, 06:39 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

as a ****? nah - i'd just sellotape a tampon to my head.

Old 13 January 2005, 06:41 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

It's just a costume, wearing one to a fancy dress party doesn't make you a sympathiser. Just because someone wants to goes dressed as an axe murderer or Freddy from nightmare on elm street doesn't mean they're going to take on that persona and go on a killing spree.

FFS
Old 13 January 2005, 06:49 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Well said Iwan

This whole lets get Harry coz he's a ginger is getting out of hand.
Old 13 January 2005, 06:49 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

would you go as a Viking?
Old 13 January 2005, 06:53 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

If I was a ginger haired little rich w@nker who has been shown over and over again that he can get away with owt because of who his daddy is, then yes

Otherwise, NO

Alcazar
Old 13 January 2005, 06:53 PM
Franx
Scooby Regular

Angry

[QUOTE=Iwan]It's just a costume, wearing one to a fancy dress party doesn't make you a sympathiser. Just because someone wants to goes dressed as an axe murderer or Freddy from nightmare on elm street doesn't mean they're going to take on that persona and go on a killing spree.[QUOTE]

Indeed

I went to the school fancy dress party as a terrorist. All the gear - balaclava, plastic uzi, the whole lot. Doesn't mean that I participate in such things, or hold sides with those who do. Doesn't mean anything at all tbh.

People have no sense of humour these days.....
After all, **** or not, it's not as if he was attending a pro-**** demo or anything. It was only a bleedin' party.

Surely the press have more significant things to report than that.
Old 13 January 2005, 07:01 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Surely the press have more significant things to report than that.
Not on SKY news, their reaction last night as this broke was hysterical, as in ridiculous over reaction, it really is a ***** news channel these days.
Old 13 January 2005, 07:11 PM
pete1977
Scooby Regular

i once went to a fancy dress party dressed as an ss officer as did one of my friends,later on during the night we left the party and headed into town ,three of us went into a local mcdonalds and were given some funny looks.it was probably because another friend of mine was with us and he was dressed as a rabbi!true story.

i dont see that qualifies me as a ****/racist or whatever big words you want to look up in the dictionary .get a sense of humour!
Old 13 January 2005, 07:18 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

I guess for commoners like us it's OK.

But for someone in the monarchy who is so high profile it's a No No.
Old 13 January 2005, 07:25 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

So if you'd go as a **** would you go as a big wave? If it's just fancy dress then it's OK is it?
Old 13 January 2005, 07:26 PM
pete1977
Scooby Regular

ive never seen a big wave outfit.
Old 13 January 2005, 07:26 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
So if you'd go as a **** would you go as a big wave? If it's just fancy dress then it's OK is it?
No, there's been enough big waves lately !
Old 13 January 2005, 07:37 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

i like prince harry he is one of us and has flaws and doesnt play it up for the camera's like the other royals.

and its nothing wrong with a fancy dress in a party but its stupid to have a swastika specially 3 weeks before the auschwitz anniversary, its just plain stupid, specially him being 3rd to the crown, he represents the british community, christians, muslims, jews, sikhs, hindus etc etc etc he is our prince so its silly for him to do that.

people dress up as stalin, osama and saddam at parties, and its a joke so its cool but people who have a responsibility shouldnt do this specially like is said before a anniversary
Old 13 January 2005, 07:44 PM
Daryl
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by David Lock
If it's just fancy dress then it's OK is it?
I think so, yes. But then, I'm not the type of person who takes offence on behalf of others because it will assuage my conscience. ***** were and are offensive to me, but that doesn't mean I think Prince Harry holds the same views as them, just because he misguidedly (given his position) wore a Swastika at a fancy dress party

Last edited by Daryl; 13 January 2005 at 07:50 PM.
Old 13 January 2005, 07:47 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

What is it with the PC ****ing correctness in this country.
It's a costume.. not an indication to your beliefs.
There was a guy on Wilts local radio today ranting (and I mean ranting) about paying for a flight for harry to go and be "educated" about the Holocaust.
WTF right has a public radio presenter to air his views like HE is right, yea, ok everyone has freedom of expression / speech.
The frenzy this has caused today is unreal.
Someone has already mentioned it but I'm sure many of you would have gone to that same party dressed as a Viking, tell me they didn't rape, pillage and generally be very nasty people indeed....
Yes I understand that there were millions affected by Hitlers henchmen at the time, you can't change history.
I just cant relate to why a person dressing up, DRESSING UP, not acting... like a Natzi has any possible hatred from those ACTUALLY affected by Hitlers SS
I'm sure there are a few on here that have had relatives ACTUALLY affected by him and I mean you no disrespect..
But those who have no links.... and I'm sure there are plenty of you..
How exactly does this effect YOU.. that's how YOU think and NOT how the bloody media want you to think..
One guy piped up on the radio "have we forgotten about the Tsunami already"
the presenters reply was "but the news media's life carries on".
How about the news media life carries on and FOLLOWS UP the Tsunami disaster story with how it LIFE IS TODAY (or lack of ) instead of dragging what is basically a kid who has gone to a FANCY DRESS PARTY in a costume (yea, not quite colonial blah blah, but tell me how many of you that have gone to one dressed perfectly to the title of the party)..
He may be Royalty but third in line for **** sake..
Get over yoursleves, he's just a kid enjoying HIS LIFE (and his dads money )
He'd didn't ask for the tag he's got.
Why should we dictate how he should act, just because of his status.
I know I wouldn't be told how to conduct my life just because of some link to the throne of the United kingdom, HA United, No chance of that with you lot stricking him down when he tries to act like a normal human being.
Then you moan about how unattached, and how out of date with society he is..
Best stop there as I'm outta breath.

Andy

Last edited by Fuzz; 13 January 2005 at 07:55 PM.
Old 13 January 2005, 07:51 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fuzz

What is it with the PC ****ing correctness in this country.
It's a costume.. not an indication to your beliefs.
There was a guy on Wilts local radio today ranting (and I mean ranting) about paying for a flight for harry to go and be "educated" about the Holocaust.
WTF right has a public radio presenter to air his views like HE is right, yea, ok everyone has freedom of expression / speech.
The frenzy this has caused today is unreal.
Someone has already mentioned it but I'm sure many of you would have gone to that same party dressed as a Viking, tell me they didn't rape, pillage and generally be very nasty people indeed....
Yes I understand that there were millions affected by Hitlers henchmen at the time, you can't change history.
I just cant relate to why a person dressing up, DRESSING UP, not acting... like a Natzi has any possible hatred from those ACTUALLY affected by Hitlers SS
I'm sure there are a few on here that have had relatives ACTUALLY affected by him and I mean you no disrespect..
But those who have no links.... and I'm sure there are plenty of you..
How exactly does this effect YOU.. that's how YOU think and NOT how the bloody media want you to think..
One guy piped up on the radio "have we forgotten about the Sunami already"
the presenters reply was "but the news media's life carries on".
How about the news media life carries on and FOLLOWS UP the Sunami disaster story with how it LIFE IS TODAY (or lack of ) instead of dragging what is basically a kid who has gone to a FANCY DRESS PARTY in a costume (yea, not quite colonial blah blah, but tell me how many of you that have gone to one dressed perfectly to the title of the party)..
He may be Royalty but third in line for **** sake..
Get over yoursleves, he's just a kid enjoying HIS LIFE (and his dads money )
He'd didn't ask for the tag he's got.
Why should we dictate how he should act, just because of his status.
I know I wouldn't be told how to conduct my life just because of some link to the throne of the United kingdom, HA United, No chance of that with you lot stricking him down when he tries to act like a normal human being.
Then you moan about how unattached, and how out of date with society he is..
Best stop there as I'm outta breath.

Andy
Very Nice ! ........Theres a T in sunami
Old 13 January 2005, 07:53 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Yea yea, my fingers were trying to keep up with my brain spewing out all that...
Old 13 January 2005, 07:55 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

edited for the Pedants.
Old 13 January 2005, 07:57 PM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

Yes if it's in context.

I went to an embassy fancy dress not that long ago...

...as Saddam Hussein. Complete with lookalike mask.

Bad taste? probably. But you know, everyone thought it was funny. because it was a fancy dress party and the idea was to look ridiculous.

Would I go as a ****? Sure, why not? It doesn't mean I like them - far from it, in fact, going to a fancy dress party as an SS stormtrooper for example is just lampooning them and showing how little respect I have for their fascist ways.

Jesus, group buy on snese of humour, anyone?

SB
Old 13 January 2005, 08:02 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Cool

I blame the parents,i mean where was his mum when all this was going on.................

Old 13 January 2005, 08:04 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulr
I blame the parents,i mean where was his mum when all this was going on.................

**** !

Quick Reply: Would u go to a party as a nazi