Bluetooth gadget questions

Search this Thread

Old 11 January 2005, 08:34 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Bluetooth gadget questions

Coupla questions for those who know:

I’m about to buy a bluetooth headset. (Yes it may make me look a tool, but it’s now 40 euros in the sale for an HBH-65, which seems a pretty good price, and even cheaper than the plug-in-the-***-lighter Sony concoction.)

Question – if I switch my phone off bluetooth each time I leave the car (don’t need/want it on anywhere else), and if I switch the earpiece off each time (save battery), does that mean I have to “pair” them every time I switch them on again? Or is it just once for the first time, then they automatically pair the next time I switch them on?

Second question, totally different. Carphone warehouse are also offering a combined bluetooth dongle / USB flash drive (128MB), which is the sort of thing I’ve been looking for for ages. I can’t find the brand. Any reason I shouldn’t get one? (Eg they’re crap, or X are offering the same with better reliability, etc)

Many thanks as ever!

Brendan
Old 11 January 2005, 10:22 PM
Nick100
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Headset and phone are paired once - they then know each other and will connect up after that.

Don't know about Q2
Old 12 January 2005, 12:58 AM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
I’m about to buy a bluetooth headset. (Yes it may make me look a tool . . . 0
Question – if I switch my phone off bluetooth each time I leave the car (don’t need/want it on anywhere else), and if I switch the earpiece off each time (save battery), does that mean I have to “pair” them every time I switch them on again? Or is it just once for the first time, then they automatically pair the next time I switch them on?

Brendan
I had the same dilemma - not wanting to look a tool & also wasn't sure about having one ear permanently blocked up.Hearing outside sounds in a sort of mono mumble.So I am running this :-

Through one of these which clips to the sunvisor :-

The initial "search for device" & pairing you only do once per device.The phone then offers you a menu of device or devices to choose from or the option to look for more devices to pair with.

When I next switch both mine on I select "Connect to Jabra SP100" & it prompts me to ok Bluetooth activation if its not already enabled & then connects to the handsfree automatically.Makes a little bleep to confirm its connected ok.

I have only just started looking at all things dongle myself.So do not know.

Mark