Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

If you stand still you are not living.

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2005, 01:43 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post If you stand still you are not living.

Does any one ever think about the absolute pointlessness of a sedentary life style. How can any man in this country stand to sit in our grotty cities in a mundane life when there is a world of freedom movement and vibrancey out there. I like many people work hard to buy nice things and enjoy spending cash when I can but having spent some time as a nomad I know that keeping moving is the only way to step out of a comercial capitalist culture that equates wealth with greatness. Only on the road can a man be free and live by the values that count, namely can you survive with no backup in any environment you find yourself in. We complain about the politicians abuses of power and yet we all live this life of working and paying taxes to support the corrupt or stupid politicians we claim to hate. When you live on the road the clothes you wear and the car you drive mean nothing only the way you conduct yourself as a man counts. I believe and always will that the test of manhood is to get dropped anywhere in the world and see if you can survive the easyness of life in a sedentary manner is destroying mankind.and letting the weak prosper. Only the great tests and hardship in life and overcoming those can lead to a real sense of satisfaction and these tests are non existant in a modern british life style, the greatest claim for an old man is to say that you went out there you saw it and you lived it and you survived.

Ps. early disclaimer about having drunk 1 bottle of primitivo and one bottle of fleurie after work today so I may have jsut written a load of ****e.
Old 09 January 2005, 01:46 AM
imlach
Scooby Regular

I think your 2nd paragraph summed your thoughts up quite well.
Old 09 January 2005, 01:51 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

if that is the case then i am going to kick your **** then tell you I love you.
Old 09 January 2005, 01:54 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Lupra Are you Max or Paddy??? (or that cleaning stuff that doesn't work - ops - thats Cillit Pra Bang - close relation?)
Old 09 January 2005, 01:58 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????/////

comfused the **** out of me
Old 09 January 2005, 02:27 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Garlic........bread

Old 09 January 2005, 02:42 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

still confused but unless this guest turns up before I finish this bottle of fleurie (no 3)
he will have to sleep outside
Old 09 January 2005, 09:07 AM
zesty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
Ps. early disclaimer about having drunk 1 bottle of primitivo and one bottle of fleurie after work today so I may have jsut written a load of ****e.
Sounds to me like you are going to be drinking meths soon.
Old 09 January 2005, 10:43 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

commendable spelling, with a couple of execeptions...................for that level of intoxication............................... you could jius sail away from it all .....
Old 09 January 2005, 11:24 AM
gtr_man
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Luan Pra bang - poignant words indeed. A true reflection of the decedent society we have created. We all ache for it but most don't know what we strive for - ultimate happiness perhaps? Security? Inner peace? Is our personal nirvana achievable?

In today's western society we are told what will make us happy, a new phone, a new MP3 player, a new car - these will bring happiness into our lives. These short term fixes only leave us wanting for more, wanting for a deeper meaning. What can we do, we're swept along with the flow, only able to glance back fleetingly at where we have been, not sure where we are going. Not able to cry for help, not able to raise concern - for if we do stop for a moment and question our lives we are branded weird, stupid. I know you all know what I'm talking about, for it you do not, stop and look within your heart, look and search within the hearts of those you love, for only there will you truly find the answer.

PS. no alcohol involved
Old 09 January 2005, 12:39 PM
King RA
BANNED

Originally Posted by zesty
Sounds to me like you are going to be drinking meths soon.
Or are you already drinking mouthwash??? strong stuff
Old 09 January 2005, 12:53 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Whether you're living on the road or as part of the masses, it's how you interact with the people around you (particularly those you love), and whether you enjoy the things you do that will make you happy. Why worry about where you are of whether you're supporting undeserving others - if you're happy doing it and making your friends / families lives that bit more fulfilling?

no alcohol, just feeling a little deep and philosophical today.
Old 09 January 2005, 01:13 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dracoro
Garlic........bread

Garlic Bread? Its the future; Ive tasted it...
Old 09 January 2005, 08:18 PM
Kosy
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

The 1st rule of Fight Club is........ you do not talk about Fight Club.
The 2nd rule of Fight Club is.......

YOU ARE NOT YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR YOUR IKEA FURNITURE
Old 09 January 2005, 11:27 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I think I've been there and done that.

In terms that I was society's drone (tell a lie..still am, to a lesser extent - not got to my inner equilibrium as of yet) giving the majority of my life working and paying for the system. With endless hope that I can gain fortune and gain what I desire.

That lot went out the window when I got worked almost to death and went loopy because of it.

Step one to recover is forget about making lots of money, financial gain and posessions. Non will make you happy. Only unhappy. And most require massive resources to gain a satisfactory level to your expectations (infinte- unless you win the lotto). Fulfillment in life is doing what you truely want, problem is our original intentions are clouded by the work society and culture we are brought up in (i.e what job do you want to do when you grow up? etc.). We are taught to compromise (you can't drive so you can never be a racing driver etc), and it's this compromise that is the real killer of the soul.

The problem is that living your life is tied around money. You need it to live. When you break that link, you can really live your life free. How you break that link is the ultimate question. One answer is to work you **** off in a high paid job (thus the old saying - work hard - play hard). When finances become great to the extent that they don't matter, then you can do what you want. Problem is you spend your whole life trying to do it. So once you have the wealth, your a withered and frail old man. Or you never make it, thanks to taxation, working to death (literally), Job loss, economy etc. Work time eats into your social time, couple that to your family and social commitments there is very few hours left in a week to do what you really want.

An ideal answer would be to get paid for what you love to do. Or at least paid to cover you living costs - as if its what you love to do...making money and buying fancy possesions will never matter.

My answer to the problem is to escape the system. How you do that is almost unanswerable. But one thing I can say - I have no future in the UK as I currently see it. This country has no opertunity for its people, it provides life, but doesn't allow one to live.

TTFN

Last edited by ALi-B; 09 January 2005 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09 January 2005, 11:50 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Dracoro
Garlic........bread

LOL.....................

Last edited by dpb; 09 January 2005 at 11:54 PM. Reason: sorrrry jus gott.IT..:o.......:D