Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Clutter, ARGHHHHHH

Search this Thread

Old 04 January 2005, 07:52 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clutter, ARGHHHHHH

Our house is descending into a tip, post Christmas its horrendous, it was getting bad before, 3 kids dont help and my wife seems to enjoy it as she comes from a family of crap hoarders.

Anyway, p1sed of with piles of sh1te all round the house and am just flirting it in the bin, she gets ratty when I touch any of the piles of treasure, the loft is even worse, its big but you cant move so I am getting ruthless and am ordering a mini skip.

Our parents are the main culprits they buy the kids stuff all the time, we are gratefull but there is only so much room and my wife cant bear to throw away a present, keep parming loads of crap of an a mate with younger kids but he has got wise and refused any further consignments of our junk.

Every year people buy the kids the biggest for the least kind of present, my mum spends loads on them but still loves a bargain and buys stuff because its cheap, for the last 3 years I have binned virtually new cheapo racing sets, you know the battery ones that disentegrate on furst use, the batteries are more expensive, why do people buy this sh1te.

Wouldnt mind but we had a toy cull before Christmas, some to freinds, some to charity and all the broken stuff and McDonalds tat into the bin, its a landfill timebomb.

My contribution is to bin all the magazine coverdisks (anyone want them for some bizzare reason), all the old games like Duek Nukem that wont run under XP properly and are ancient anyway, loads of old videos, who the f*ck wants Reeves and Mortimers driving school, I didnt want it when it was new ?

Anyone else suffer with a clutter problem ?
Old 04 January 2005, 08:07 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone else suffer with a clutter problem ?
yes
Old 04 January 2005, 08:12 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

Aye, I cant understand it. I mean we've all been in the position where you've thrown something away then needed it a week later. But come on!

Best advice is to just throw stuff away. Preferably whilst shes out.
Old 04 January 2005, 08:32 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

B2Z

But you dont! Thats obvious otherwise you'd use some of it every now and then. I understand its hard, but imagine that your house is burning down and you can only save 10 things.

Bin/recycle/ give to charity everything else.
Old 04 January 2005, 08:37 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Tell me about it - chaos here. The number of presents the kids got was obscene - we're going to hide some of them and use them for forthoming birthdays.

Anyone know if the aid agencies will be accepting toys at some point?
Old 04 January 2005, 09:03 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

My wife keeps all sorts of ****e from years ago, going to do a life laundry this weekend, trouble is, if she actually lets stuff go, the kids will root it out of the skip, and scurry of to their bedrooms with whatever treasure they have landed, the eldest is the worst, he has the hoarding gene, the middle one is fairly reasonable and the little one will let you throw anything else because he is too lazy to take it up to his bedroom !
Old 04 January 2005, 09:21 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

DONE IT and it feels great!!!

2 large skips, 8 huge fires later, clutter free.

Went further too and re-decorated, ripping out carpets, curtains, even furniture for than minimalist look and feel. Nothing was safe once we started.

Went for wooden flooring in 2 rooms because I couldn't bear the sight of carpet no longer. New office furniture, blinds instead of curtains. New dining room table and chairs.

Even got my F1 pictures re-framed!!

Now the place just feels cleaner, much bigger and certainly far better.

DO IT!"
Old 04 January 2005, 10:44 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Spoon, very motivational, thanks !

We got rid of the hall carpet which was minging, underneath were lovely varnished floorboards,

Which was nice...
Old 04 January 2005, 11:16 PM
ChrisB

You must come from the same family tree as my Mum J4CKO. Dad gets sent into the loft and isn't allowed to come down until he's filled at least five bin bags

You have to be utterly ruthless - if you haven't looked, touched or used it in the last six or twelve months, bin it!

Every year people buy the kids the biggest for the least kind of present, my mum spends loads on them but still loves a bargain and buys stuff because its cheap, for the last 3 years I have binned virtually new cheapo racing sets, you know the battery ones that disentegrate on furst use, the batteries are more expensive, why do people buy this sh1te.
This Christmas was my the first one for my Sister's twins. My Girlfriend's Sis went to Prague in October and she got me a couple of wooden toys for them. Something like £6 or £7 each, solid timber and bomb proof
Old 05 January 2005, 12:29 AM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

One word.....

e-bay!!

thats what its there for... if you can be bothered to list stuff you could make yourself a few pence and buy more crap lol

Seriously though why chuck it in the bin one man's junk ... another man's treasure and all that!

Oh and this thursday is 5p listing day.

Or charity shop... if it really is tat I'm sure they'll chuck it.

Our house is a complete junk crap hole at the moment and now we have an 8month old and all his clobber in the middle of it!

We have started to de-clutter most of it will e-bay and go towards the fix the scooby fund every penny counts!

I feel like I'm going round in circles clearing one pile and then another one appears!

Good luck with it!

cath