4+hours to do a 2hour journey

Search this Thread

Old 20 December 2004, 12:16 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
Thumbs down 4+hours to do a 2hour journey

All thanks to people who can't drive

3 seperate car accidents, all of which writing off the involved vehicles except for 1 which I think was very serious/fatal.

What is with these poeple? Is it because they are stuck behind a desk all week and come to the commute back home they think they are still behind the same desk? It doesn't give you the excuse to drive in the middle of the road, cutting a corner and side swipe an oncomming car.

And all but a small flurry of snow isn't an excuse to allow your car to miss a bend and mount a bank and flip over into the middle of the road. All beacuse you can't take into account that snow=little grip meaning SLOW DOWN!

And the biggie? Well, I'm not sure what happened on that, but knowing the average style and speed of driving on that stretch of road, it was somebody in a rush home from the office to get some tea and meeting with some person comming the other way

That's my rant done with. Drive like a ****, I don't care if it kills you. But when it hurts me, my friends or family. Then you deserve to die for you inconsiderate actions of not being able to drive accordingly.

Take care out there!
Old 20 December 2004, 12:34 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

No-one killed apparently. But the message stays the same:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...re/4107901.stm

Still, the spate of accidents on that road is going to get the PC lot out with the red tarmac and neuter one of my favourite back roads
Old 20 December 2004, 01:59 AM
Lum
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've just driven home around midnight in my hire car VW golf with bugger all grip, entirely on SC A roads with random bits of ice and water thrown in for good measure.
Didn't have a single accident even in the unfamiliar crappy car.. it's not that hard!
Didn't stop some chav tailgating me for about 15 miles then nearly lose it in the ice though, even after I flashed the hazzards to warn that there was a big fcukoff ice patch on this corner.
Old 20 December 2004, 01:06 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gosh but you are good

Les