Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

UK Emmigration statistics for 2003/2004? - The British Epidemic on the World?

Search this Thread

Old 12 December 2004, 01:26 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
Question UK Emmigration statistics for 2003/2004? - The British Epidemic on the World?

Anyone know the figures?
Plus figures to compare for previous years from say, 1990 onwards?

The numbers for the past 3 years must be huge.....

No matter where I travel in the midst of any country in non-tourist areas, where no one speaks English- you go into a supermarket and you find Tracey the Tart and Ste the cockney geezer trying to figure out if mantaquilla is butter or margerine

FFS I get out of the UK to get away from the sodding moaning Brits. Not to find myself standing next to one in a supermarket in the middle of the sticks in Northern Italy And god forbid they hear me utter an English word which immediatly forces me into a conversation - "oh your English too?". Yes I am English, I came to this country to get away from you...now bugger off!

Seriously, The British are like a contageous virus on the world. Which must mean the emmigration figures for recent years (under Labour? ) have gone through the roof.

The people with the money are leaving. So what will become of our (not so)beloved country with no high earners left to pay the taxes into the system? May need a band aid single released in the future to raise money for starving Chavs as there will be no money left to hand them out giros every week
Old 12 December 2004, 01:35 PM
Pbr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May need a band aid single released in the future to raise money for starving Chavs as there will be no money left to hand them out giros every week
Old 12 December 2004, 02:51 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

It is interesting to compare the situation the what happened in the Hitch Hikers Guide where the people on one planet sent all the people who made little or no contribution to society off into space.

It does look like it might happen the other way around in the UK. As you say the really important thing isn't the absolute number leaving but the type or quality of people leaving. The very fact that making such a statement now appears "politically incorrect" is at the very root of the problem and is the reason many people are going.

Perhaps a more entertaining question is to contemplate who will be left behind and what they are going to do without us :-)
Old 12 December 2004, 03:29 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The UK's certainly got a lot worse since I left it.

Old 12 December 2004, 03:47 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
The people with the money are leaving. So what will become of our (not so)beloved country with no high earners left to pay the taxes into the system? May need a band aid single released in the future to raise money for starving Chavs as there will be no money left to hand them out giros every week
There are increasing taxpayers who are getting caught in the higher income tax bracket due to the allowances only being increased by inflation so I shouldn't worry about who's left to pay for things.

This will give you an idea...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3982217.stm
Old 12 December 2004, 04:04 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

No surprise to see the amount of people leaving is increasing - Im looking at emmigrating next spring/summer to the States/NZ/Aus and Ive got a lot of friends looking at going down the same road.

Youve really got to question this governments policy of importing hundreds of thousands of unskilled, and in many cases un-educated and non-english speaking people every year.

Just a pity its like that - this country could be fantastic.
Old 12 December 2004, 04:23 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

seems to suggest theres a fair no. coming to england from your commonwealth countries..... ....wonder why that is.....

Trending Topics

Old 12 December 2004, 04:27 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Ta, the link confirms the suspicions, although it's all estimated figures via NOS (government body) , so actual figures could be quite different.

Higher tax brackets are most certainly there to keep us here, something which the government will need to do more and more in order to fund it's current regime
Old 12 December 2004, 04:28 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
seems to suggest theres a fair no. coming to england from your commonwealth countries..... ....wonder why that is.....
Could be for high salaries, good working conditions, strong economy, strong currency, low unemployment, part of Europe, culturally diverse and convenient for travel to other countries.

Sorry, shouldn't have said that. The country is going to the dogs after all.

Old 12 December 2004, 05:48 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
On the contrary the people with money aren't leaving, we are having the best time of all. In the UK we are the only ones who can afford houses, luxury goods, travel, entertainment, to run an expensive car etc and we can buy up the cheap property overseas.
Old 12 December 2004, 05:53 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Your telling me you don't have your earnings magically disappear into a foreign bank account in a tax heaven country?

Just think how much richer you could be if it did!!
Old 12 December 2004, 06:12 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Judging by the amount of PMs I've had about moving to Canada, I would say that emigration is something that the UK needs to consider. Compare the kind of people that move abroad with the kind that replace them...

Furthermore, I am seriously considering going back to the UK for 6 months (less 1 day) as an IT contractor - who can earn up to 500 quid a day. After 6 months I could have accumulated a nice little tax-free nest egg that will go a very long here in the land of the Canucks.

Now I can get Red Bull here, the UK has lost it's last remaining advantage over Canada.

Will the last one out, please switch off the light.