Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Blade Trinity

Search this Thread

Old 12 December 2004, 01:07 AM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade Trinity

I saw this last night and imho i dont think it was worthy of being called a blade film.

Dont get me wrong but it wasnt a patch on the others. Blade was and is a cult classic that will never be copied because it was so unique, even though it was a film about vampires. Unfortunalty Blade 2 ( originally subtitled Bloodline btw ) didnt really carry on the theme of Blade. It had the action and the veichles but i dont think it was a worthy follow up and the ending seemed a bit rused to me. Blade Trinity seemed to be trying to milk the Blade francise for all it was worth and didnt seem like a convincing sequel to me. Even the thought of having Dracula in the film lowered the tone. On the plus side the action was there, boy was it there! and i was good to see the Dodge Charger back in action! What let the film down though was the introduction of the Nightstalkers, which for me made it more of a collective effort like the X Men which isnt what Blade is about. There was some comedy moments form Ryan Renolds though which were genuinly funny but seemed out of place in the film. As with the second film the ending seemed rushed and probably couldve being alot better.

Apparently theres going to be a spinoff series with the Nightstalkers which is going to cheapen what Blade was/is even more.
Old 12 December 2004, 03:07 AM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

I thought it was pretty good actually, the first remains the best yet they managed pull it off without it being more of the same.
Old 12 December 2004, 08:23 AM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i thought it was quite good.
Old 12 December 2004, 09:20 AM
Beamish
Scooby Newbie

[QUOTE=16vmarc]I saw this last night and imho i dont think it was worthy of being called a blade film.

QUOTE]

I agreenot really an epic at all, the best bits in the film were the Charger and the vampire pooches.
Old 12 December 2004, 12:53 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

seen the first one but not the second film Do i need to see the second one to understand the last one?
Old 12 December 2004, 01:14 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ray_li
seen the first one but not the second film Do i need to see the second one to understand the last one?
nope
Old 12 December 2004, 03:48 PM
c_n_j
Scooby Regular

I watched it the other night and thought it was quite good. I do think that a spin-off with the nightstalkers would be complete pants though.

Trending Topics

Old 12 December 2004, 10:15 PM
Jon_Murgie
Scooby Regular

We watched it the other night... thought it was excellent, far better then the second film, though Snipes is starting to look a bit old now!
Old 12 December 2004, 11:26 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Saw this tonight and enjoyed it - no brainer action film, but nothing wrong with that. Pretty much like watching a music video really - stylised violence on screen, good sound-track - well fit blade-bird.

Liked the witty lines from that van wilder guy - "we were gonna use the name care bears.... but that name was taken" lol!!
Old 12 December 2004, 11:47 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

just got back from watching it and thought it was quite good, as said above it more of an action film than a blade film. too much going on with the new caritures(sp) than with blade. worth a look just for the action

mike
Old 13 December 2004, 12:01 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FASTER MIKE!!
just got back from watching it and thought it was quite good, as said above it more of an action film than a blade film. too much going on with the new caritures(sp) than with blade. worth a look just for the action

mike
That was the point of the film apparantly. Snipes is notoriously hard to work with and so they weren't having Blade anymore but wanted to be able to carry it on in other films - hence the new characters..........