Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Are you supposed to get a receipt for a producer?

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2004, 02:47 AM
Lum
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you supposed to get a receipt for a producer?

I always thought you were supposed to get a recipt after producing your documents incase it gets lost in the system and you then get done for failing to produce.

But when I went to produce (600 mile round trip with a bad back after being rear ended) I asked for a recipt and the copper said you dont get one, so I asked what if it gets lost in the system, I want some proof that I haven't failed to produce, and the copper just fobbed me off with a racist remark about black people (he is black, I am not) to make me feel awkward and leave.
Old 11 December 2004, 03:15 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lum
I always thought you were supposed to get a recipt after producing your documents incase it gets lost in the system and you then get done for failing to produce.

But when I went to produce (600 mile round trip with a bad back after being rear ended) I asked for a recipt and the copper said you dont get one, so I asked what if it gets lost in the system, I want some proof that I haven't failed to produce, and the copper just fobbed me off with a racist remark about black people (he is black, I am not) to make me feel awkward and leave.
Your visit to the police station is logged in a book that goes nowhere.

Why did you do a 600 mile trip to produce? You can produce at any station of your choice?????

The data of production is simply logged and then collated.
Old 11 December 2004, 12:54 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

You should get a statement of witness IIRC

A Yellow carbon copy on A4 paper.

Unless they've changed the system
Old 11 December 2004, 01:43 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

I've only ever done it once and that was some time ago but I got a carbon copy of a form that indicated exactly what I had produced and when.

In these days when most people, through experience, would not longer trust the police to sit the right way around on a toilet it seems to be almost vital to get evidence of every contact you have with them.

Perhaps you could drop by your local station and ask? As others have said you can actually produce at any station and so shouldn't have had to drive 600 miles.
Old 11 December 2004, 01:45 PM
thecirsch
Scooby Regular

Lum,

You should have signed a white form with carbonated layers, saying you'd produce your doc's. The guy on the desk would have compared the signitures against this, your drivers licence and the producer
Old 11 December 2004, 02:06 PM
Lum
Scooby Regular

I signed at the scene of the accident, and producd my licence which I happened to have with me. So the only signature the desk sergant would have had to compare is the one off the producer itself. Not that he asked me to sign anything.
My documents were 300 miles north of the scene of the accident which is near where I was currently staying, hence the round trip.
I only had one sheet, a white one, given to me the copper at the scene kept the other two