Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

BT - anyone else notice how customer services are now sales?

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2004, 05:23 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry BT - anyone else notice how customer services are now sales?

Just gone to BT Broadband, excellent!!

I asked whether I had to cancel my 2 BT Internet monthly packages, BTYahoo and Surftime, the broadband team assured me that they would sort it all out for me - brilliant!!

Then this morning I pick up a voicemail left at my work on Friday saying that whilst they could cancel the BTYahoo part, I had to cancel the Surftime part! So, duff info!

Ok, I thought, no problems - rang BT, "yes sir, we will cancel that Surftime for you - would you like to up-grade your account?"

"Will it save me money?"

"Yes, it will Sir!"

"Ok, what do you suggest?"

"I would suggest moving from your £29:50 Option 1 account to our superb Option 3 account - then, you will get FREE calls anytime day or night to landlines!"

"What will it cost me, as I only literally spend about £2 a month on landline calls?"

"£26 Sir"

"£26? Thats cheaper than I pay now!!"

"Indeed Sir - shall I sign you up?"

"Well, yes, if its cheaper"

"Its cheaper Sir, there we go - signed up!"

"Thank you"

As I put the phone down it dawns on me that I may just have been shafted Did she mean £26 a MONTH?? When I pay £29:50 a QUARTER?? Only £10 a month!?

I rang back straight away, I explained what had happened and the bloke said "that to put me onto Option 3 was miselling it as it clearly wasn't the right package!"

"Well, why did your colleague tell me it was the best option for me then???"

"Don't know Sir, however we have a Mobile Option that you will save money with - as I notice you spend about £12 a quarter on mobile calls - its only £1:50 a month and will save you 25% off some mobile calls!"

"would you like to explain to me how me spending £1:50 a month to save £1 is saving me money?"

I explained it to him - he eventually realised what I was saying and stopped trying to sell, thank god! I have rung customer services not 'rip-off customer' services!

Now, would he like to put me BACK on Option 1 where I was happy as a pig in **** please?

"NO"

"What! Why not? The previous rip-the-customer-off advisor was able to move me from Option 1 to Option 3 quick enough!!!"

"The system won't let me!"

"really?"

"Yes I will do it tomorrow for you"

"ok, thanks!"

Why can't they just do what the customer asks for and not try and ram services down our frigging necks!!

Mad?? I crumpled my plastic cup!!

Pete

Last edited by pslewis; 06 December 2004 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06 December 2004, 05:27 PM
ChrisB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I asked whether I had to cancel my 2 BT Internet monthly packages, BTYahoo and Surftime, the broadband team assured me that they would sort it all out for me - brilliant!!

Then this morning I pick up a voicemail left at my work on Friday saying that whilst they could cancel the BTYahoo part, I had to cancel the Surftime part! So, duff info!
That sounds right. Surftime is billed via your phone bill. You then pay another charge to BT Yahoo! (Or whatever they are called this week). Seperate companies and BT Yahoo! shouldn't be able to do anything another ISP can't.
Old 06 December 2004, 08:37 PM
BI6 BHP
Scooby Regular

Thats why i lefy bt, they are forcing sales down everyones throats. Somany people are walking out it is untrue. They have the largest turn over of staff in our area. Wonder why ??

Option 3 is the biggest bonus earner well was when i was there so thats why. It is true if he selected 3 he can not change it straight back. Deffintley ring back tomorow to make sure your back on 1 as they always forgot. On purpose lol.

It is total madness you have to sell about 10 different things each call. It just is not fair to people who say ring up just to pay there bill or report a fault.
Old 06 December 2004, 08:54 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I mean I have gone to them for Broadband, you would have thought they might be happy with that pound of flesh!

But no ................. they want MORE!!

I will go with Tesco Broadband once my agreement with them is over - what would they do if I just left after the offer period, black list me????

Pete

Last edited by pslewis; 06 December 2004 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06 December 2004, 08:58 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

LOL, BT and Customer Services in the same sentence
Old 06 December 2004, 09:24 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I thought they would have got better with 1,000's leaving them?

But, I suppose that us poor souls left have to pay for those who have left?

Why is it that you need a BT line before you sign up with an ISP? Surely thats a monopoly??

Pete
Old 06 December 2004, 09:26 PM
ChrisB

You don't Pete, just the number of exchanges that have been LLUd are still quite small. There's also a few companies that will take a line from BT Wholesale and bill you for it (so you don't pay BT anything directly).