Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Salary to hourly rate? where do I stand please

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2004, 12:44 AM
scooby595
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Salary to hourly rate? where do I stand please

Due to on going problems with my employer, i got a letter from them today going on about various crap. In this letter they mentioned changing my contract from salary to an hourly rate, i have thought about this and it won't be beneficial to me as affectively this will result in a pay cut. I'm going to contact CAB on monday but can anyone tell me, can they change this contract without me agreeing to it.
Thanks
Old 20 November 2004, 11:39 AM
scooby595
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Oscar99, contract doesn't say about salary, as I've said in a previous thread it's VERY basic. The main problem is I've started booking my extra hours that I've been working & they have now decided that they aren't going to pay me for them. They say that claiming for 'odd hours' is "wholly unexceptable" and will not be authorised. They say I have to be flexible, which I always am, but expect to be paid for work I've done. My contract says from "time to time I may need to work over my 40 hours, for which I'll be given time in lieu", however now I've started claiming it they say I have to be 'flexible'. I'm handing in my notice today, it's there loss at the end of the day.

P.S in my job (hospitality) I'm aware of the need for flexibility as I've done it for over 10 years now.

Thanks for your help anyway.