Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Eeeeeeeeeeeh Bumstrum's at it again!!!

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2004, 06:28 PM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Eeeeeeeeeeeh Bumstrum's at it again!!!

When *will* this arsehole get a life ???

This is an article about him in the local paper yesterday ;
BRUNSTROM LEADS BY EXAMPLE AND SHOWS US HOW NOT TO PARK

PRUNING POLICE CHIEF IS BLASTED...
SPEED is a word readily associated with North Wales chiec constable Richard Brunstrom.
The chief is notorious for strictly enforcing traffic laws, as well as a soft spot for speed camera's
But MR Brunstrom was certainly not quick to remove his car, which he left parked on a pavement outside his Colwyn Bay home recently.
The estate vehicle, coupled with an attached trailer, reportedly obstructed pedestrians for almost two hours while the green fingered chief tended to his trees.

(Pic shows his car and trailer parked as far up on the pavement as close to the wall as he could get, no access at all for pedestrians)

MR Brunstrom was lucky to escape a parking fine, which can set you back £60 and dock up to three points on your licence, according to a North Wales police source.
BUT despite illegally parking his vehicle, the chief constable did NOT apologise for the incident, in a statement from North Wales police yesterday (Wednesday)

"The photograph seems to depict an occasion some weeks ago when MR Brunstrom was removing tree debris from his garden," it siad."We are not aware of a complaint relating to this matter."

But one irate grandmother labelled MR Brumstrom's parking a dangerous hazard.
"I'm glad he cut that tree down as it was overhanging the pavement, but parking his large estate car on the footpath, right up to the wall, just isn't on," she said. "I often push my grandson in his pram along there, and I would have to go onto the road, as would somebody in a wheel chair, maybe MR Brunstrom should think more about pedestrian safety rather than chasiong motorists all the time."

Well, that was in yesterday's local paper, and, as you have probably guessed by now, what has Bumstrum gone and done???

Yes, he has sent officers around local streets and slapped fixed penalty tickets on all cars parked on pavements

Now, normally, most people wouldn't park on pavements anyway, but in our street, the pavements on both sides of the road are wide enough for a car and still two people can walk past side by side on both sides of the street.

Most residents don't have a drive or garage on this street, so have no alternative but to park up on the pavement as it is a busy road and a main bus route, a bus even hit one of our cars a while back when it was up on the pavement.

IMO, the council should make the pavements narrower and widen the road.

My husband phoned the local police as we had one of the notices on our car, and a few other residents had a moan about it too. This is what we were told.

If we continue to park upon the pavements, a fixed penalty notice will be put on any cars at the time any officers are down the street. So my husband said about parking the car as close to the pavement as possible, but even with cars parked on both sides of the road, leaving gaps for cars to get through, we would be bringing the road to a standstill,as it is still not wide enough for cars let alone vans and busses! Thus causing another obstruction, so we were then told we would also get fined for that!!

Seems as residents we are in a no win situation as a knock on effect of our lovely Bumstrum being named and shamed !

Bloody pathetic !

Last edited by D.K.1; 19 November 2004 at 07:06 PM.
Old 19 November 2004, 07:45 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Like so many in power he is a total hypocrite.
Old 19 November 2004, 08:53 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

That Brunstrom bloke is such a tos$er - he should be sacked for causing serious damage to the image of the Police force.

I hope the local chavs recognise his house from the picture in the paper and go and give it a real seeing to.
Old 19 November 2004, 08:59 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

He is an embarrassment, as is our illustrious Home Secretary who is happy to demand resignations from other more effective chief constables for the sake of publicity whilst turning a blind eye to the mad, hypocritical traffic **** in Wales.

A disgrace.
Old 19 November 2004, 09:05 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Sorry, but those are the actions of a psychopath and an abuse of power.

He should be removed from his post as soon as possible.

UB
Old 19 November 2004, 09:09 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

What goes around comes around I say...he'll fall foul of someone one day, and will pay for it.

His holier than thou blind sighted attitude will be his downfall. But for now we'll have to put up with it. All he has to do is irritate sombody with enough money to pay a private investigator to dig some dirt up - catch him speeding or ignoring his own "traffic" policies and he'll be for the high jump.

Anyone up for a Group buy for a PI with a laser gun?
Old 19 November 2004, 10:17 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

News story here.

The guy is a complete pr1ck.
Old 20 November 2004, 12:40 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Makes you think that he will a prime candidate to help run the complete police state when it arrives. Totally amoral and a self seeker of the first water!
Old 20 November 2004, 05:59 PM
wakeboardar
Scooby Regular

iwould love to follow his car for a few days with a camera and see if he ever goes over the limit may be the sun or top gear would sponser me

he stays in colwyn bay i know the house
Old 20 November 2004, 06:01 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wakeboardar
iwould love to follow his car for a few days with a camera and see if he ever goes over the limit may be the sun or top gear would sponser me

If you followed him at 40 in a 30 he would probably stop the car and book you for speeding!
Old 20 November 2004, 07:05 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wakeboarder
Maybe we should all chip-in and hire a hitman?
Old 20 November 2004, 07:09 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Didnt one of the News Papers try to catch him with a Laser gun but only caught his Daughter. The picture made the papers but were heard no more. probably find the the Papers were made to forget the story as it wasnt in the public interest!
Old 21 November 2004, 01:14 AM
Les Behan
Scooby Regular

Wink

blind eye
2 actually
Old 21 November 2004, 09:05 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

ajm,

That can happen too, I have had a friend who was booked for doing just that. Never tail a copper if he is speeding.

Les
Old 21 November 2004, 10:42 AM
Tafia
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by wakeboardar

Newpaper Reports in N. Wales newspaper some time ago said he lived in Abergele, here we think Colwyn Bay and the Sun article says, "his neighbour in Llandudno"

So which town does he live in?

Cheers

T
Old 21 November 2004, 10:52 AM
DJ140
Scooby Regular

I reckon a pushchair could have been squeezed through the gap between wall and car, with a bit of force!!! Anyone know who would be responsible for the repairs in this instance?

What a t*sser.