Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Fox Hunting Banned

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2004, 10:07 PM
Scooby Roo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Fox Hunting Banned

Lots of threads with lots of views, personally I am pro hunting. My case is that this is purely a political stunt for election purposes.

Labour have pushed this through without very much thought for hunter or fox.

February leaves so many people wondering about their livelyhoods, dogs to be exterminated, stables to closes, horses to dispose of etc. This does not allow a gret deal of time for preparation, now I realise that there will be the legal case but it will still be deemed illegal.

As for the foxes, farmer Giles and his 12 bore, .22 or whatever the choice. Saturday night few mates, few pints in the local then off to do a bit of lamping. Bang...clip....yelp then days of suffering ot able to hunt.

I do hope the people who voted to ban can finish their battery farmed chicken kiev and sleep at night...job well done.

FUBAR in my opinion.

Oh and I live in the country have done so for 35 years and they also have a hunt in our village, normal folk not toffs. To date they have yet to catch a fox.
Old 18 November 2004, 10:14 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!

Originally Posted by Scooby Roo
Lots of threads with lots of views, personally I am pro hunting. My case is that this is purely a political stunt for election purposes.

Labour have pushed this through without very much thought for hunter or fox.

February leaves so many people wondering about their livelyhoods, dogs to be exterminated, stables to closes, horses to dispose of etc. This does not allow a gret deal of time for preparation, now I realise that there will be the legal case but it will still be deemed illegal.

As for the foxes, farmer Giles and his 12 bore, .22 or whatever the choice. Saturday night few mates, few pints in the local then off to do a bit of lamping. Bang...clip....yelp then days of suffering ot able to hunt.

I do hope the people who voted to ban can finish their battery farmed chicken kiev and sleep at night...job well done.

FUBAR in my opinion.

Oh and I live in the country have done so for 35 years and they also have a hunt in our village, normal folk not toffs. To date they have yet to catch a fox.
I agree with you totaly ! Don't worry i'm sure the Alliance will make there views known before long, Can't wait for the next March in London
Old 18 November 2004, 10:16 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by simpsons !
I agree with you totaly ! Don't worry i'm sure the Alliance will make there views known before long, Can't wait for the next March in London
They will make their views known on Question Time in about half an hour. Simon Hart, Chief Executive of the Countryside Alliance is one of the guests.

Should be a good 'shout at the telly' opportunity.

UB
Old 18 November 2004, 10:17 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

To date they have yet to catch a fox.
No point in carrying on trying to keep the vermin levels down then.

.................. but then again they dont catch many do they.................. ooh i'm confused.

*pretend* theres a fox, the end result will be the same then
Old 18 November 2004, 10:20 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

The Police will have the power to impound vehicles *and* animals found to be used in illegal hunts. That should be an amusing sight to see as they attempt to 'arrest' a pack of 50 hounds and horses.

What a crock of s**t New Labour are.

UB
Old 18 November 2004, 10:24 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooby Roo

dogs to be exterminated, stables to closes, horses to dispose of etc
dont be silly.

look I can see your argument, but by saying animals are going be culled because of this is just a stupid comment.

I live bang in the middle of derbyshire and we have hunts going through our land on occasion, Im not into it personally but I do know why its done, cant see the total point tbh, but each to their own and all that.

imho of course

jamo
Old 18 November 2004, 11:27 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Looks like the Labour MP's have just voted Mr Howard into power

P45's all round They can B**** of back to their own worlds and look back on today as a turning point in the fortunes of labour. How stupid are these guys and girls.

Nex they will be saying they have principals

Jonathan
Old 18 November 2004, 11:34 PM
Little Miss WRX

When I had horses I went on a couple of hunts to see how the horse I had would handle it, they were very organised. Permission was gained for all land to be travelled on. Only one hunt was a fox caught, the horses were up with the hounds and as soon as it had been grabbed by one of the hounds, they were called off and the fox swiftly killed.

I was at the back because my horse wasn't that quick and I was out for the joy of the ride.
AFAIK horses and hounds won't have to be put down because of this?
Old 18 November 2004, 11:58 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
. That should be an amusing sight to see as they attempt to 'arrest' a pack of 50 hounds

UB
Throw Auntie Lettie's Fox Hat at them, with a sausage tucked into the brim, then throw a net over them.

Pissball.
Old 19 November 2004, 12:00 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

What about the mercenary villains who will exterminate 50 animals simply because they don't make a profit for them any more?
Old 19 November 2004, 12:13 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Throw Auntie Lettie's Fox Hat at them, with a sausage tucked into the brim, then throw a net over them.

Pissball.

Well ...it's a plan.... It's so mad, it might just work...
Old 19 November 2004, 04:46 AM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

Although there is undoubtedly a more anti-hunting bias within labour than the tories, I'm not sure it can be pure attributed to a political stunt in support of the next election. In fact I think Tony Blair was trying to back peddle like mad to say that he was disappointed there wasn't going to be 2 or 3 years delay in introducing the new law. The reason? The Countryside Alliance have promised to turn this issue into Tony Blair's poll tax. The Countryside Alliance have said they will actively defy the ban and the police have said it will be very difficult to enforce. With all the other problems in the country to sort out, why open this can of worms?
Old 19 November 2004, 06:17 AM
popeye
Scooby Regular

Question

Quick, genuine question for anyone involved with the hunt:

Now the ban looks as though it's a reality, who in the hunting community will be responsible for the decision to close down, make people redundant, kill hounds etc, rather than keep going but doing drag hunting instead?

Just curious? Who will make that decision?
Old 19 November 2004, 06:36 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brit_in_Japan
I'm not sure it can be pure attributed to a political stunt in support of the next election.
Thing is though, banning hunting was one of new labours manifesto pledges when they got into power last time around, so you could argue that its about time that they fulfilled their pledge and did what they promised to do.

I wonder how many of the pro-hunting group voted for labour...
Old 19 November 2004, 07:11 AM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Buzzer
No point in carrying on trying to keep the vermin levels down then.

.................. but then again they dont catch many do they.................. ooh i'm confused.

*pretend* theres a fox, the end result will be the same then
LMFAO.

I don't give a flying about fox hunting as it doesn't affect me one way or the other. Watching the pro lobby try to justify it with a string of weak arguments is quite funny though.

Suresh
Old 19 November 2004, 07:11 AM
Pastor
BANNED

Although there is undoubtedly a more anti-hunting bias within labour than the tories, I'm not sure it can be pure attributed to a political stunt in support of the next election. In fact I think Tony Blair was trying to back peddle like mad to say that he was disappointed there wasn't going to be 2 or 3 years delay in introducing the new law. The reason? The Countryside Alliance have promised to turn this issue into Tony Blair's poll tax. The Countryside Alliance have said they will actively defy the ban and the police have said it will be very difficult to enforce. With all the other problems in the country to sort out, why open this can of worms?
A radical thought has occured to me when reading this, why not make it illegal and just let them get on with it?
Instead of the all out war the huntspeople seem to want, you know doom n gloom, kill all the hounds and horses, everyone out of a job, etc, the Police should wage a soft campaign against them, similar to the way they deal with low level heroin users, petty career criminals et al.
Put simply every now and again pull a few of them, confiscate their vehicles and bang em in jail with the riff-raff.
That way the rule of law can be said to being upheld and the huntspeople can carry on with their thing, living day to day with the low level threat of Police harrasment.
It will give them a taste of what it's like to be young and perhaps of an ethnic group in todays Britain. Who knows perhaps it might even give them an insight into what's really going on in society?
Old 19 November 2004, 08:44 AM
tracktime
Scooby Regular

Good ban it
Old 19 November 2004, 09:16 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Its happened and won't be reversed, so there is no point ranting on about it endlessly.

Get over it.....
Old 19 November 2004, 09:18 AM
mgg
Scooby Regular

About time it was banned, all toffs with too much money and nothing better else to do.
Old 19 November 2004, 09:29 AM
BexTait
Scooby Regular

Location: Drink, drink, wherever you may be, we are the drunk and disorderly (owner of 5 fairy tokens)

Originally Posted by mgg
About time it was banned, all toffs with too much money and nothing better else to do.
Those that hunt aren't all toffs, at least not those near me.

As for hounds being put down, I should imagine that this may be a possibility, they are pack animals, and so are used to living in large groups. Trying to rehome thousands of hounds ain't gonna be possible, there's too many of them, and too few people to take them on.
Old 19 November 2004, 09:35 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BexTait
Those that hunt aren't all toffs, at least not those near me.

As for hounds being put down, I should imagine that this may be a possibility, they are pack animals, and so are used to living in large groups. Trying to rehome thousands of hounds ain't gonna be possible, there's too many of them, and too few people to take them on.
There is absolutely no reason to put the dogs down. Or even re-home them.

Or ship the horses off to france

Or make those employed redundant.

The only difference is that you can't hunt a live animal.

Or is it really that important to have the dogs rip the fox to pieces? Funny that, I thought it was all about the hunt - not the kill.....
Old 19 November 2004, 09:36 AM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Hounds are not pets, and never will be. To say they can be rehomed is stupid. If they are forced to give up hunting, the hunts should just sign them over to the RSPCA, and let them sort it out........
Old 19 November 2004, 09:43 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

isnt this simple?

TB said he'd ban it...he was voted in....he's banning it. If ppl didnt want it banned they should have voted for someone else.
Old 19 November 2004, 09:43 AM
Twohats
Scooby Regular

50% of the "anti's" who ride round in transit minibuses trying to disrupt hunts are students who get £20 and a pack up for the day to do this (spoke to one one day) and are there just to be a pain in the ar#e and half of them couldnt give a toss either way about tyhe actual hunting side of things.

The thing that gets my goat is the bloody do gooders who move out of the middle of a city with all their extra cash theyve got from selling a big house,buy a little cottage for next to nowt in the middle of the country, have put f#*k all into the countryside apart from footprints then p~*s and moan about the smell of cow **** coming from the nearest farm or the smell of chicken **** from the nearest free range chicken shed ,which is supplying them with there free range eggs they MUST have, and try to stop the local hunt as its a "barbaric sport" as they call it.
Its like this, if ya dont like what happens in the countryside dont fu#*in move into it, stay in ya smog filled city. How many people move out of the country into a city then try and change what happens there.....NONE thats how many.
Personally fox hunting doesnt bother me either way if people enjoy doing it then good for them but just cos i dont do it i wouldnt go trying to get it banned, ive enough things to do and worry about without worrying about what other people are doing and thats half the trouble nowadays people trying to sort other peoples lives out when most of em cant even sort there own out. aaaaaaaaaaaaaah thats better this is obviously just my opinion and i dont really have any strong views on the subject.

Last edited by Twohats; 19 November 2004 at 09:52 AM.
Old 19 November 2004, 09:44 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Have the Tories said they will overturn the ban in the unlikely event that they win the next election? If so I suppose no one is going to start shooting the dogs until after the election. I'm mildly anti btw and yet to be convinced that drag hunting is not the best way forward despite what the pros say. DL
Old 19 November 2004, 09:55 AM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Banning fox hunting is like trying to ban Manchester United.
For the majority of people its not really that important,but for Man Utd fans they will fight to the death.
Samne with fox hunting,for most people here it doesnt really affect them in the day to day trivia of life,but for some people,its their whole life.
Old 19 November 2004, 09:57 AM
Scooby Roo
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by mgg

Read the original post it contradicts your view. It is apparent that alot of people who have anti hunting views have very little idea of what actually happens.

Roo
Old 19 November 2004, 10:00 AM
Scooby Roo
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by Diablo
There is absolutely no reason to put the dogs down. Or even re-home them.

Or ship the horses off to france

Or make those employed redundant.

The only difference is that you can't hunt a live animal.

Or is it really that important to have the dogs rip the fox to pieces? Funny that, I thought it was all about the hunt - not the kill.....

So your going to look after 20,000 hounds in your back yard then!!!!

If this is your view please give me an idea of what will actually happen then. Why will people keep pack hounds if there is nothing for them to do, it's not as if you can leave them out in the garden or take them for walks, they are not bred for domestic life and they are not sheep dogs. They are bred as hunting dogs, that simple.
Old 19 November 2004, 10:04 AM
Scooby Roo
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I think you have actually answered the question with your answer. Of course there is a political slant, when is the general election, when does the ban come into effect. As you have stated more anti hunt bias within Labour, ploy to win their Vote. Tony Blair and his many Spin Doctors relaying opposition to an imediate ban, trying to keep the pro hunting vote for Labour.

Thanks Tony for the democratic and considered way this has been dealt with....fcking New Labour my *rse
Old 19 November 2004, 10:06 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Another example of "I dont like it so YOU cant do it"
Another section of society criminalised because of the current political climate
Fishing will be next, mark my words.
astraboy.
P.S. I got a mobile phone number with directions to an illegal hunt on it. Meetup on an industial estate near Stevenage at Midnight Saturday. I'll see you there

Quick Reply: Fox Hunting Banned